IGNORED

Ladies n Gents - the winner - "Nice Picture,IDIOT!&quot

tiggerthehun

(SORRY IF THIS IS A MEMBER'S AUCTION!!!) Hey all! I just can't imagine taking the time to list something on ebay - taking a picture - and then end up a picture like this?... But, on the other hand, it'll make a nice "name that game" contest. I think I figured 'em all out, except for the 2nd from the bottom, on the left hand side, on top of what appears to be an upside-down "PITFALL!". Anybody know?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1363924050

I like the fact, that the pitfall cart is upside down in the picture.

They didn't even take the time to make the picture look organised...

Extra points for the fact that they say 'see picture for titles', then take a picture so blurry, it makes those pictures of the loch ness monster seem genuine.

Yeah, I have a cheap digital camera that takes photos just as fuzzily. (Spend $20 on a digital camera and take $20 digital camera pictures. Live and learn.) But LISTING them in the ad would've ended all speculation. Whoof. Taking 20 seconds would have helped this guy out a lot.

People just don't know how to market their items. Sometimes I put a real nice picture, then describe the item, and my stuff sells low. Then some doof goes on, throws up any old crap, poor picture, no description, and he'll get a mint for it. Stupid people on ebay. Shit in a bag and you can sell it to the lamest buyers.

Phil

That Combat cart looks like it has been in a fire! Is it half-melted?

I have seen worse pictures on eBay though. I saw one that was a tiny, blurry shot that looked like it had been run through the Solarize filter in Photoshop, and another where the carts were piled in such disarray that it looked like the seller had just dumped them out of a bag onto the floor and took the picture without bothering to move them an inch!

If people are going to sell a lot of items on eBay, I don't understand why they don't spend a little money and buy even a cheap digital camera to take pictures. You could probably buy the cheapest camera you can find and it would take pictures far better than depicted in these auctions. I've seen many people use webcams to take pictures, which often don't look that great. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what was used to take the pictures in this case.

I also believe that many sellers who put up Atari (or any classic gaming related) auctions simply don't know there is a large community that is interested in these items, and wants clear pictures with good descriptions. To them it may just be some old toys they found in the attic, and they figure they'll be lucky if they sell at all. :)

..Al

I won the auction, and just got the carts. That wasn't a melted Combat cart, it was Quadrun!!!!! Yep. No, really. It was ! I swear. Actually it was an asteroids with Black Crayon melted on it. No, no it wasn't. Ok, so I didn't bid. But tell me how cool it would have been to have it be a Quad. Oh yeah. Tad