IGNORED

HSC Season 4 Week 55: Lady Bug

Ze_ro

Aw, crap!

As some of you may have suspected, I was playing on the Novice setting all weekend.

As of now, my best score on the correct setting is 165330 191,550 262,820

Tip: Clear the section immediately surrounding the enemies' hideout before you do anything else.

This is such a great game!

post-10225-1179955284_thumb.jpg

Edited by Captain Beard

A new score played last night: 160.340

This actually was my best game ever, since I got this score without spelling special!

BTW: Just for the record regarding the "mode" discussion: I played this with with the left switch in "B" position and after turning the power on just started into game with the fire button. I hope that's right? :ponder:

I don't know if this qualifies as a "tip" or not, but I noticed something. If you manage to eat the veggie in the middle (which stuns the baddies for a few) and then an enemy hits a skull (which sends him back to the center) when he leaves the base, another veggie will be there. So, I guess it's possible to get 3 veggies per board, if you are good at luring the enemies toward the poision. I know I'm not.

Again, GREAT GAME! :)

I don't know if this qualifies as a "tip" or not, but I noticed something. If you manage to eat the veggie in the middle (which stuns the baddies for a few) and then an enemy hits a skull (which sends him back to the center) when he leaves the base, another veggie will be there. So, I guess it's possible to get 3 veggies per board, if you are good at luring the enemies toward the poision. I know I'm not.

I noticed that too, kinda like a "bug exploit" :lol:

I've only seen that once though, as normally when I play the skulls are already gone when the 4th bug enters the arena.

Hi there,

Glad everyone is enjoying the game!

BTW: Just for the record regarding the "mode" discussion: I played this with with the left switch in "B" position and after turning the power on just started into game with the fire button. I hope that's right? :ponder:

Yes - that's correct. Left A/B controls the speed of the lady bug (A=slow, B=fast). The game mode can be Novice, Standard, or Advanced; Standard is the default.

Again, GREAT GAME! :)

Thanks! You are correct - you can get up to 3 veggies per level. Makes for great bonus points in the later levels (plus the 8 second breather is always welcomed!).

It's been a tough week and I wasn't able to play a game at home on the real deal... Here's my best in emulation, at work with people walking by my office every couple of minutes... :roll:

A little short of my all-time best, but good enough for the HSC. :)

post-30-1180016581_thumb.png

Edited by johnnywc

I don't know if this qualifies as a "tip" or not, but I noticed something. If you manage to eat the veggie in the middle (which stuns the baddies for a few) and then an enemy hits a skull (which sends him back to the center) when he leaves the base, another veggie will be there. So, I guess it's possible to get 3 veggies per board, if you are good at luring the enemies toward the poision.

I seem to remember the ColecoVision version doing this too, and I'm pretty sure it's an intentional game feature. When I play, I usually end up with bugs hitting the skulls far too early to earn extra veggies out of it, but makes for a nice bonus when it works!

Anyways, that's the end of this week's edition of the HSC. Join us again next time when we'll be kickin' turtles and takin' names!

--Zero