IGNORED

robin hood / sir lancelot xonox double ender

pis

13 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I believe an NTSC version of the game must exist but I've never seen one myself for NTSC. I own the cart but it is in a light grey colored shell and it is most definitely the PAL version. Mine is the single ender.

15 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Sorry to bump a 15 year old thread, but it is the one Google knows about! Sir Lancelot is one of the 2600 carts I don’t have that I really want, as it is as close to Pegasus and the Phantom Riders as I can get until I get my CoCo sorted. 

So when I spotted this diagonally laid out cart on Facebook marketplace and found this thread on Google I got all excited:

DBE65ACA-2DB3-4E8E-8E0A-43C380FCBBE3.thumb.jpeg.6ae300758cbe63a2f8c249edc6f92da1.jpeg

But alas and alack! When I actually read the description, I learned that it appears to be the PAL version according to the seller:

54A484C1-9AA7-4107-BD34-B021BDA3B529.thumb.jpeg.2195f976d612bd52a7cb99155637f4ae.jpeg

So I guess this is the example that proves the rule ?

13 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I believe an NTSC version of the game must exist but I've never seen one myself for NTSC. I own the cart but it is in a light grey colored shell and it is most definitely the PAL version. Mine is the single ender.

Yeah, some are PAL but the double ender of RH/SL definitely exists (I've owned several in NTSC format) and isn't super rare. Tomarc and Moto double ender is much harder to find...

Single ender PAL xonox games I don't think I've ever seen though...do you have a pic of it?

Edited by Crazy Climber
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crazy Climber said:

Single ender PAL xonox games I don't think I've ever seen though...do you have a pic of it?

I will double check,maybe I'm wrong and it is a double ender. I could easily be confusing it with my CV copies in the collection.

3 hours ago, Mockduck said:

If Xonox is K-tel that is news to me! Would make sense, though. I too have yet to see an NTSC version; the two copies I've picked up were both PAL.

They at minimum had a hand in distribution. The address for xonox (on the manual of ghost manor) says 11311 Hopkins MN. I can confirm that was (one of) K-tels distribution hubs in that time frame (in the 90s I worked in that exact building, owned by ADC telecommunications at the time) the building was well known to be formally owned by K-tel. The street sign even said "K-tel drive" lol. Working as a (delusional) security guard there I checked every single abandoned room in the place hoping to find some leftover cases of xonox, etc but no dice ? 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Crazy Climber said:

They at minimum had a hand in distribution. The address for xonox (on the manual of ghost manor) says 11311 Hopkins MN. I can confirm that was (one of) K-tels distribution hubs in that time frame (in the 90s I worked in that exact building, owned by ADC telecommunications at the time) the building was well known to be formally owned by K-tel. The street sign even said "K-tel drive" lol. Working as a (delusional) security guard there I checked every single abandoned room in the place hoping to find some leftover cases of xonox, etc but no dice ? 

Heck yeah on that address! Very nice. That's proof enough for me, absolutely that's K-tel's stomping grounds.

On 6/10/2022 at 2:46 PM, Mockduck said:

Heck yeah on that address! Very nice. That's proof enough for me, absolutely that's K-tel's stomping grounds.

I'm still shocked you've never found a RH/SL double ender in NTSC format! Is it really that rare? I've owned at least 3...

Now Tomarc/Moto on the other hand I only owned once, and I paid a LOT for it... (well, a lot in early 2000's dollars)

On 6/13/2022 at 12:59 PM, Crazy Climber said:

I'm still shocked you've never found a RH/SL double ender in NTSC format! Is it really that rare? I've owned at least 3...

Now Tomarc/Moto on the other hand I only owned once, and I paid a LOT for it... (well, a lot in early 2000's dollars)

I had a hard time finding it bitd. K&B Toys was the resource for me finding the Xonox titles for the 2600 and Colecovision.

I don't think I ever found one till Ebay came 'round...

1 hour ago, schuwalker said:

I had a hard time finding it bitd. K&B Toys was the resource for me finding the Xonox titles for the 2600 and Colecovision.

I don't think I ever found one till Ebay came 'round...

I knew it was uncommon but really had no idea people have had that much trouble finding it. IIRC atari2600.com (before they totally sucked) is where I bought it first, it wasn't that expensive and was available for awhile (I'd often plan out my collecting purchase/budget several months in advance back then)

I never saw or knew it even existed back in the day, the only xonox title I owned was ghost manor/spikes peak and I can't remember where I got it, might have been a gift. KB toys makes sense though, I bought a lot of atari games from them.