IGNORED

FS: rare box variation of Pigs in Space?

wrandal

while browsing this site i noticed a scan of the box for Miss Piggy's Pigs in Space:

http://www.atariage.com/box_page.html?Soft...wareLabelID=358

then i took a look at the box for my copy of Pigs in Space, and noticed that it looks slightly different. i know pigs in space is a fairly rare game, and i am wondering if the box i have makes it any more rare, or if anyone even knows about these differences.

FRONT:

- my copy of pigs in space does not say '3 games in 1'

- the text 'starring miss piggy' is in white, not pink

- the box on mine is a darker purple, with light purple grid

- the border around the 3 characters has only a blue outline, not a green and a pink outline

- instead of saying 'a video game cartridge for the atari 2600 vcs' mine has trademark information and a 1983 copyright for muppets characters

BACK:

- the back is totally different. instead of a large screenshot of the game mine has a small screenshot at the top left and says 'PIGS IN SPACE' in the upper-right.

- the back also has in English 'pigs in space is a tri-pigathon of three thrilling outerspace games. battle flocks of space chickens, killer meatballs, and pizza-hurling robots. will you survive? will anyone believe you if you do? for one or two players.' <-- this is obviously very different from the text on the back of the screenshot of the game on atariage.

- there are instructions in 5 other languages: francais, deutsch, italiano, espanol, and an asian language.

any information on this box would be greatly appreciated (such as value or rarity). i assume it's some international version? i can scan pictures of the box if anyone would like to see it. it's also for sale, so make me an offer if you want it. if nobody wants it i'll probably just put it on ebay with a high reserve price and see what happens. thanks.

mine is an unopened version of the game, and i think loose carts have sold for about $10 - $20. email me at wrandal@bgnet.bgsu.edu please.

-bill

Hi Bill,

i see you found this site i pointed you to! :D

yes...it is a PAL version! not sure what those would go for! (like i told you the Last one on that i saw on ebay that's NTSC went for around 40.00)

if you get a chance post a pictue of it i'm sure many people would like to see it!!

Take care,

Rick

PS: albert, that box you have pictured is in GREAT shape!! :D :D :D :)

Well, for any of you interested in purchasing this game, here's what's going on:

Boxed Pigs in Space games usually sell for around $40 on ebay.

You can see a picture of the Pigs in Space box on the AtariAge web site at http://www.atariage.com/box_page.html?Soft...wareLabelID=358

The version I have, however, is noticably different. It is apparently _not_ a PAL version because it has a Hills department store price tag on the front. It does have text in 6 languages on the back, and is very different from other NTSC versions.

Pics of my version can be seen at http://personal.bgsu.edu/~wrandal/atari/pigs.html

There is a tear on the back and minor wear on the edges of the box, but is generally in good shape.

So, I'm asking for a significantly greater price than $40, considering that game variations are highly sought after even when loose carts are concerned. Taking into account that this is a rare game and that it's sealed in a different style box raises the price a lot. If I don't get any offers that make me think about selling it, I'll put it on ebay with a fairly high reserve price and see what happens.

Thanks for your time, and please email me if interested. -Bill