IGNORED

Should I buy Trauma Center and COD3?

I rented Trauma Center and didn't care for it. I liked the DS one but the Wii seems to be mainly something I like 2 player games on so I was bored pretty quickly with Trauma Center. I had a few issues with the controls as well. I remember trying to stick a piece of glass on a plate like 50 times in a row and it just wouldn't work, got annoying really fast :x

If you have Trauma Center for the DS, the Wii version is more of a remake than a sequel. Might not be necessary.

And COD3 is terrible, unless you're a fan of ugly ports with tacked-on controls. :)

Someone on this board *cough*AtariJr*cough* is going to pop in any second and tell you how awesome Red Steel is (it's not), but i honestly have yet to play a good FPS on the Wii. Sad, it seems like it should work so well...

And COD3 is terrible, unless you're a fan of ugly ports with tacked-on controls. :)

Someone on this board *cough*AtariJr*cough* is going to pop in any second and tell you how awesome Red Steel is (it's not), but i honestly have yet to play a good FPS on the Wii. Sad, it seems like it should work so well...

Yup, COD3 is crap on the Wii. Just like Red Steel.

And yeah, it is a shame that there seems to be the promise of cool new FPS type controls on the Wii but it has failed miserably so far in that control arena and of course the graphics department.

Trauma Center on the Wii is pretty good, just like the DS. But it's not everyone's cup of tea. And the controls can prove far more annoying than the DS version.

Someone on this board *cough*AtariJr*cough* is going to pop in any second and tell you how awesome Red Steel is (it's not)

That's your opinion, anyway. I happen to quite like it. :)

I wouldn't pay street price for Red Steel, though. See if you can get it used, or rent it if you're uncertain. As I said in another thread, the controls takes some getting used to. When you first pick the game up, your reaction is that you'll be putting it back down soon. But once you get the hang of it, it's a lot of fun!

The biggest thing to keep in mind is not to set your expectations too high. (Not that difficult with everyone panning the game. :-|) It's a fun FPS game with some sword fighting thrown in just for kicks. Don't expect that you'll be able to handle your katana like a ninja master. The sword is just a gun that's been restyled to look like a sword. So it only runs scripted motions in response to your swings. The fun of sword fighting is more in the arcade-style blocking* and dodging.

All in all, it's not the most incredible game you'll play, but it's quite good for a launch title.

* I refuse to call what Red Steel does "parrying". Blocking a sword hit does little to give you the advantage unless you nearly knock the opponent over. Then he just stands there for a few moments while you slash him. The fact that you have two swords in your hands for simultaneous parry and attack seems to go unnoticed.

trauma center is much better than i thought it would be, i recently got to play it. it makes the game a lot more enjoyable than the DS game with the easier controls, but for 50 bucks, if you already have the ds game, it may not be worth it to you.

personally id pass on ANY fps until august 20th when metroid prime 3 comes out. red steel was pretty good, and i had a lot of fun with it... but i just cant recommend any of them honestly as must have games. at least red steel was exclusive and not a rushed port.. if you need a fps before august get that , not cod3

Trauma Center is an excellent game, though I recommend getting it used of Amazon or ebay. I don't think its quite worth the price tag. Red Steel is an okay game, and if you find it for cheap 9-19, I would pick it up.

The FPS' are coming. Have faith. Though not a pure FPS, MPrime 3 is on its way and the new screens look cool...I've heard things about it being the first online FPS on the Wii.

Can't wait for Metroid Prime 3. I bought Red Steel on sale at Best Buy and thought it was okay. I'm not a huge fan of first-person shoot-anything-that-moves games but I though I'd give it a try and didn't have a problem with the controls. The only thing I can't stand is the "move the remote towards the screen to zoom" thing. That doesn't work out so well...

Trauma Center is really pretty fun. It gets frustrating later on... but me and my wife enjoyed swapping surgeries as we went deeper into the game. When you have to trace stars to slow down time... that is weird.

My rating: B-

COD3 is the best FPS on the Wii right now. If you have never played the 360 version, this one is OK. It's definitely ugly, but it is still fun. The controls aren't as bad and its more polished than Far Cry or Red Steel.

My rating: C-

FUNK

My Wii hit list (just FYI) would be:

Metal Slug Anthology: A-

Excite Truck: A-

Wii Sports: A-

The Godfather: B

Super Paper Mario: B

Rayman: B-

Trauma Center: B-

Zelda: C+

Sonic and the Secret Rings: C+

Wii Play: D

Cooking Mama: D-

I really hate call of duty 3. It's one of those games that you are pissed off you wasted fifty bucks on. The controls are so unresponsive when it comes to turning and looking up and down. I just plane sucks.

That's why I always check a multitude of reviews for buying. Notice I said multitude, implying that you do your research from many different viewpoints. You can never be too safe with 50 dollar games.