IGNORED

Which of these ones should I get?

Damon Plus

There´s a guy selling some Lynx games. After some time, I´ve decided to expand my Lynx collection collection. Which one of these games should I buy? (no more than 4-5)

* Paperboy

* Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (with manual)

* Rygar (with manual)

* Klax (with manual)

* Shangai (with manual)

* A.P.B

* Zarlor Mercenary

* Checkered Flag

* Robo Squash

* Gauntlet

* California Games (with manual)

There´s a guy selling some Lynx games. After some time, I´ve decided to expand my Lynx collection collection. Which one of these games should I buy? (no more than 4-5)

* Paperboy

* Rygar (with manual)

* Klax (with manual)

* Shangai (with manual)

* A.P.B

* Zarlor Mercenary

* Checkered Flag

* Robo Squash

* Gauntlet

Paperboy(Speaking of paperboys, I just got a job as one.), Rygar, Klax, California games, and APB.

* Paperboy

* Klax (with manual)

* Zarlor Mercenary

* Checkered Flag

This a perfect "start-up" collection for the Lynx. Shanghai is actually better than Zarlor Mercenary, but the Lynx doesn't have many shoot-em-ups, and this is a nice title.

Thanks for all of the replies.

Well, I´ll get California Games (the "killer-app" for the Lynx, right?), Shangai (I like the game, and it seems every review gives it a good score), Paperboy (don´t have any version, and it seems the Lynx one is one of the best). I´ll ditch Checkered Flag (I don´t like car games, I doubt I´d ever play it), Rygar (Too long and repetitive for my tastes) and Gates of Zendocon (again, I´m not a fan of shoot´em-ups.)

I have to choose only 2 now from these ones:

* Klax (with manual)

* A.P.B

* Robo Squash

* Gauntlet

My collection would be as follows: 2 puzzle games (Chip´s Challenge and Shangai), 1 sports game (California Games), 3 Arcade games (Pac-Land, Stun Runner and Paperboy), and an adventure game (Slime World).

Well, I´ll get California Games (the "killer-app" for the Lynx, right?)

It's not, actually: the Lynx has many titles which have better graphics and/or music, or are simply much more fun to play ("Lemmings", "Alpine Games", "Electrocop", "Klax"). "California Games" was the original pack-in, though, and there's not much point in getting a Lynx if you don't have CG.

* Klax (with manual)

I'd go with these two. "Gauntlet: the Third Encounter" is completely different from the arcade/computer games of the '80s, and disappoints most players.

I'll "second" the Bill & Ted and Klax vote. Klax is simply one of the most impressive Lynx titles from a technological standpoint, and it's really fun too. Bill & Ted is a really fun adventure game with a well-balanced difficulty curve and a fantastic soundtrack.

And yes, CA Games isn't the Lynx's killer app. If there was one, I'd pick Lemmings or Klax.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, some news. I bought Klax, complete, from a store. Also, the guy thinks he has Blue Lightning and Xenophobe, but he has to find it. So, I´m back to start, here´s the new list:

Getting for sure:

-Shangai

-California Games

-Paperboy

Need to choose 4 games from these

-Rygar (with manual, does it really have 100 levels? Isn´t that too long?)

-Checkered Flag

-Bill and Ted´s Excelent Adventure (with manual)

-APB

-Zarlor Mercenary

-Robo Squash

-Gaunlet (with manual)

-Xenophobe (with manual)

I think I´ll ditch Checkered Flag (again, i don´t like racing games too much) and Robosquash (seems fun, but other games seem better)

-APB

-Zarlor Mercenary

-Gaunlet (with manual)

-Xenophobe (with manual)

Based on this (shortened) list, I would recommend in order:

Xenophobe

APB

Zarlor Merc

Rygar

Ok guys, some news. I bought Klax, complete, from a store. Also, the guy thinks he has Blue Lightning and Xenophobe, but he has to find it. So, I´m back to start, here´s the new list:

Getting for sure:

-Shangai

-California Games

-Paperboy

-Checkered Flag

-APB

-Zarlor Mercenary

-Robo Squash

-Gaunlet (with manual)

-Xenophobe (with manual)

I think I´ll ditch Checkered Flag (again, i don´t like racing games too much) and Robosquash (seems fun, but other games seem better)

Well, I think you're right to pass on RoboSquash - it's basically 3D pong, and though it can be fun with two players, it gets tired pretty quickly alone... I actually really like Gauntlet when playing with three or more friends - it can be pretty tough and gets crazy quick, but again it can wear thin quickly when playing alone... Zarlor Mercenary is one of my favorite Lynx titles - I say that's a "must have", and Xenophobe can be lots of fun. You're right that Rygar can be repetitive, but you feel pretty good when you beat it! :twisted: So those would be my three recommendations...

RYGAR RYGAR RYGAR!!! I'm telling you... If you loved the arcade, the translation is GREAT! Try some of these in an emulator via AA and then you'll know what you want to own...

I´ve already tried them, but I just don´t know what to get. This is one of those cases where all of the games are fun, and it seems that whatever you choose, you´ll be right. But then, you´ll wonder if you couldn´t have chose one of the other games :)