IGNORED

Regret getting the Wii?

tantone56

I don't regret getting my Wii. I have fun every time I turn it on. I just wish there were more games. That's what I get for getting a system at launch though.

I waited a year to get the 360. That was a good decision because by the time I picked it up, there were a ton of good games.

I don't regret it either. I am a little disappointed at some of the offerings during the first quarter but I am excited for what the end of the summer will bring.

I've heard a lot of people say lately that the Wii is just another kiddie system but you'll realize that it's pure FUD when you take a look at Manhunt 2 and No More Heroes, among some of the other M rated games the system already has.

When you own a Nuon and a CDi, it's hard to regret picking up any other console.

Seriously, if only for my kids getting lots out of Wii sports on rainy days or as a treat, it's probably worth it (at least for me) if I never buy another game for the system.

Which, actually, might turn into something of a problem for Nintendo, as well as Ubisoft, Majesco and any other publishers jumping in with both feet.

Eric

I waited until last month to get a Wii (and, they were impossible to find). I wanted to hold out until fall, but my 2 sons REALLY wanted one, so I did. Since it is still pretty new to us, I don't regret it at all, Sports is awesome to me -- the control really works, much better than I'd hoped! The kids are playing Super Paper Mario which is really cool too, the 2D-to-3D mechanism is neat, as is the way you shine your Wiimote as a spotlight on the screen.

The shear ... "joy" if you call it that, of playing tennis or golf or boxing is so cool! Everytime someone comes over, I am hooking it up in the main TV room.

After we digest these games, I'm getting Sonic and also Excite Truck, and I plan on renting Tony Hawk and some others over the summer. We'll be happy until the real big guns start coming out -- Smash bros, Mario Galaxy, etc. Anyway, buying a system at launch is always a gamble -- more expensive, and you must wait for the games you really want. So I stopped buying at launch after the Dreamcast, which was the last great launch IMHO. I can understand you launch Wii players getting ants in yer pants, but just play your older systems in the meantime.

Regret owning yet another console? Never.

Aside from that, nope, I'm a very balanced gamer and appreciate all but sports titles so I've found lots of love on my Wii...and I may make my modern gaming side more complete by owning a 360 as well. But I'm not regretting the Wii at all.

If I could only get one system and I chose the Wii, I would regret it.

The only reason I got a Wii was for Zelda which made it all worth it no matter what.

However, if I had nothing to look forward to but Super Smash Bros. 57 and yet another Mario platformer I would

be sad.

While I am playing Mario 3 zillion, I could be playing Assassin's Creed, BioShock, Halo 3, etc.

(Not that I don't want to play Mario 3 Zillion, but I would be sad if I couldn't play the other games that are coming.)

I mean has anyone SEEN BioShock. Holy crap does it look freakin' amazing...

(And Assassin's Creed makes me pee my pants a little with excitement.)