IGNORED

VC Games seem to be popular

Bivotar

I guess you do have a point with the HD TVs, altho I'd bet there are low cost solutions...maybe even just adjusting the TVs settings that might correct that issue.

I use a top-loading NES connected via a standard RF cable to a 52" DLP set, and i've never thought to myself "Damn, i'd pay an extra $5 a game if this looked just a little bit sharper". Looks just fine to me, they are NES games after all. :)

The most I can figure is we as a society are so damn lazy we'd rather spend $100's of dollars then spend 5 minutes of time breaking out what we already paid for once or turning on our PC and doubleclicking an icon.

And now you get it. That is exactly it. Nintendo, Capcom, Namco, etc have known it for a long time.

I also think that emulators are fine but for most of us they aren't hooked up to a TV. Most people would prefer the social atmosphere of the living room on a couch with a wireless controller to sitting (usually) by yourself in front of a PC tethered by USB. I know that I can play all the VC games for free on my PC, but I'd prefer playing on the console.

Does anybody know how the royalties get broken down for the licensed games? Nintendo obviously doesn't get all the money when they sell Sega or Capcom games, for example. I'm curious how much they each get.

Also, who maintains the emulators and ports the programs? I'm assuming the licensee does it - ie Sega writes the Genesis emulator and ports their own games. Is that correct? If so, licensees from a non-Nintendo console would have to deal with 2 different companies to get it working, and probably get an even smaller cut as a result.

The most I can figure is we as a society are so damn lazy we'd rather spend $100's of dollars then spend 5 minutes of time breaking out what we already paid for once or turning on our PC and doubleclicking an icon.

People truely are lazy. :roll: You can find used XP PC's for under $150 on craigslist. Clean out the hard drive, load the emulators and connect to a flat screen since almost all flatscreen HDTV's have a VGA port, and away you go. For a little more money you can get wireless PC controllers (Xbox 360). Depending on the cpu, you can emulate everything from the N64 down. :cool:

No wonder they have Mario hitting coin blocks when you download a game! That is what it must sound like to Nintendo *KA-CHING*!
Haha, it's funny because it's true!

I've enjoyed most of the VC games I've picked up. The Turbo games are the big draw for me, since I don't currently have one, and $6 is reasonable. I've definitely bought more games than I have time to play, although, that's not specific to VC games... ;)

People truely are lazy. :roll: You can find used XP PC's for under $150 on craigslist. Clean out the hard drive, load the emulators and connect to a flat screen since almost all flatscreen HDTV's have a VGA port, and away you go. For a little more money you can get wireless PC controllers (Xbox 360). Depending on the cpu, you can emulate everything from the N64 down. :cool:

I'm getting ready to pick up an new computer at home to replace my aging desktop PC. I'm going to turn the old one into an emulator box for my gameroom and hook it to the TV just like you describe :)

I'm getting ready to pick up an new computer at home to replace my aging desktop PC. I'm going to turn the old one into an emulator box for my gameroom and hook it to the TV just like you describe :)

Yep, nothing like playing "insert your favorite game" on a 37" screen! :lust:

Edited by MCHufnagel

I thought about doing this for N64 and PSX emulation on my PC since the Xbox is really not up to emulating these two consoles. As well as Saturn and DC, what little they do emulate.

Did it occur to any of you two that there people like myself don't believe in doing something illegal like downloading roms illegally? :roll:

I own a lot of games I don't use the vc for games that I own. I use it for games that are expensive to buy. I own a lot of game consoles. I don't believe in spending over $50.00 for a used video game and I rarely go over $30.00 to purchase a used video game also. I am a person who is considered a tightwad unless it is for vocations, a computer for myself, Christmas gift that are reasonable in price and spend mony on stuff that my insurance dosn't cover like dental. I go by common sense in buying used games that are on the vc. For the tg-16 it makes more sense to spend $6.00 then spending over $35.00 on Bomberman 93. Buying a game that you already own, to me is not practical or you can get the game cheaper outside of the virtual game console and that is without counting downloading roms illegally.

I don't download roms not because I am lazy, I don't because its illegal, unless it is given an okay by the game developer or the game publishering company.

I live in a state that cracks down on piracy such as getting dvd burned movies while the movie is in the theater and cracking down on roms. I took accounting classes and a bussiness law class in college years ago. I learned from those two classes on the importance of trademarks.

I don't believe in forcing my beliefs on others towards emulation.

Did it occur to any of you two that there people like myself don't believe in doing something illegal like downloading roms illegally? :roll:

Errrr yes, that's why I clearly stated that 95% knew about it but only 75% used it.

See if you can figure out where you would fall into those percentages. ;)

Thanks for the rant though.

Edited by moycon

Emulation does not = piracy. If one so chooses, one can play original games on pSX, SSF, Magic Engine, FreeDO, Kega Fusion(Sega CD), etc. Plus countless homebrews on other emulators. Try to play those games on your Wii or X360. I'm glad you're not trying to force your beliefs on us. :roll: