IGNORED

2600 combat for the a8

WizWor

I am looking for an A8 game that plays like the combat tank game for the 2600. Any suggestions? I want to drive one (or more, multiplayer would be great) tank around obstacles in hunt of another tank.

Combat II Advanced sounds like the game I want. Was it ever ported to the A8?

Edited by WizWor

I am looking for an A8 game that plays like the combat tank game for the 2600. Any suggestions? I want to drive one (or more, multiplayer would be great) tank around obstacles in hunt of another tank.

Combat II Advanced sounds like the game I want. Was it ever ported to the A8?

I had started on this way way back but came to a point where I broke the rendering engine when moving the code from a kernel style (i.e. 2600) of display engine into a more suitable VBI method of maintaining the player/missiles. A good half-days worth of debugging would probably see it working better - maybe I'll have to stay up real-late one evening this week ?! The two variants are attached (best turn the sound down too!)

Regards,

Mark

combat_broken.zip

• Like 2

cool, always thought the a8 was missing a combat type game.

It would be really nice to see it finished, I'll send you a real strong coffee to get you through that late night coding!! :twisted:

• 10 years later...

I had started on this way way back but came to a point where I broke the rendering engine when moving the code from a kernel style (i.e. 2600) of display engine into a more suitable VBI method of maintaining the player/missiles. A good half-days worth of debugging would probably see it working better - maybe I'll have to stay up real-late one evening this week ?! The two variants are attached (best turn the sound down too!)

Regards,

Mark

Sorry for a > decade necro-bump. Any progress been made on this? The thread here - http://atariage.com/forums/topic/278612-any-port-of-combat-or-armor-ambush-or-similiar-game-on-atari-8-bit/?do=findComment&comment=4025877linked to this.

• Like 2