IGNORED

My Wii Broke :(

jerseystyle

not a week after getting to the states and hooking it up- it stopped loading every game but wii sports (I had played through the first zelda temple and gotten the firts heart in super paper mario)

on the plus side, I called N and they're sending out a new one to me this week, so that's good, but I'll lose all my wii sports achievments . . .

:sad:

I've owned systems brand new from a lot of companies. Nintendo has the best customer service bar none. Just be glad it wasn't an xbox, you'd be out $400 bucks. I had a problem with my SNES over a year after I got it. They replaced it free. Hell, they even sent me replacement parts for my NES just a few years ago. I'm pretty much becoming a Nintendo fanboy just based on their service. MS and Sony can keep thier systems. Better games or no, they're useless when theres factory defects that the companies deny exist and won't fix.

Just be glad it wasn't an xbox, you'd be out $400 bucks.

Umm...Microsoft has fine customer service, and readily replaces systems that are under warranty. Why would one be out $400 if their 360 broke? In fact, he'd be better off because his game saves wouldn't be lost in the replacement deal.

Just be glad it wasn't an xbox, you'd be out $400 bucks.

Umm...Microsoft has fine customer service, and readily replaces systems that are under warranty. Why would one be out $400 if their 360 broke? In fact, he'd be better off because his game saves wouldn't be lost in the replacement deal.

Maybe they've changed. Do a search for xbox thompson dvd drive or such. MS had thousands of xbox's die due to a known factory defect, and they pretty much covered it up and pretended it didn't happen. I usually stand behind Microsoft, mostly because I've always owned a PC and have not had any problems, but thie gaming division sucks big time.Like I said though, maybe they've changed.

a girl at work had a 360 give her the ring of death (and scratched a few games) within the 1st week, and M$ basically told her tough luck. This was in November of 2006

This is complete bullshit. Whoever that girl is, she lies.

360's have a 1 year warranty now. Even when they didn't they still would have been under warrantee in November. I've called MS plenty of times for various reasons. (To ask questions, to set up extended warranty, and to replace my original 360 a few weeks after I got it because it would freeze up when playing Perfect Dark an issue that was addressed quickly and at no cost to myself, start passing that story along now as things you've heard about MS customer service.) MS never told me "Tough Luck" LOL

If they were telling their customers this especially on a piece of warranted equipment...The Better Business Bureau would have something to say about this don’t you think?? Just scour any 360 forums dated around November. MS was in a bind with hardware failures... they however were never telling their customers tough luck. Use some common sense and quit passing on false info.

It seems like you don't hear of many Wii's breaking down mlippart. What was Nintendos protocol for return? Do they send you a box to send your old unit back in or are they just sending you another Wii?

Edited by moycon

I didnt find it hard to believe. Sony did the same thing with PSPs with bad screens. Did they not? And where was the Better Business Bureau then

They didnt tell her tough luck, they "basically" told her that. She didnt have any reciepts, or boxes and the damn thing was bought in a military base. They said that the scratched discs were her fault. and that the red rings dont mean anything. That itself was a crock. The original Xbox had different colored lights when something was wrong. And the Xbox is still sitting where it has been for almost 7 months. Bear in mind, this is also a household with no phone line or internet connection, so their not trying to help much. So why would someone (and others at work who tried to help) lie about this stuff? come on

Hell a friend of mine had his car stolen by the cops. it just shows bad stuff happens

And I've tried the Better Business bureau (about bad yamaha cd burners, bogus car parts stores, and a former employer), they are about as helpful as the police non-emergency line and the non-call list people. luckily, the FBI was more helpful about the employer

Why would I spread lies about them? people already know they treat people badly

In the end I've just found that dealing with people over the telephone never ever results in satisfaction only frustration.

The only customer service I stand by is Costco, since I've never used a pohone to deal with them

Edited by Avid Fan

I didnt find it hard to believe. Sony did the same thing with PSPs with bad screens. Did they not? And where was the Better Business Bureau then

Not that I know of. Sony replaced defective PSPs... they just wouldn't (according to policy) replace it if only one or two pixels were dead, altho several people found that they could just exchange them at the store they bought them from so policy really didn't matter. But yeah if your the type of person that would get upset over a dead pixel I can see why you probably hate on a lot of companys.

I can tell you, after several calls to MS in regards to video games I am 100% satisfied. I hear a lot of negative reports about companys from folks that have zero experience in dealing with the actual companies so you can understand why I point out that while you might have heard this, and you might have heard that...everything you hear shouldn't be taken as gospel.

It's ok tho, now you know the truth. (I'd even send you my MS ticket #'s as proof that I called if you want ) Girls lie to guys all the time, she was probably trying to impress :love: you since it's obvious you don't like MS or Sony.

still, nintendo replaced the screens with even 1 dead pixel... which , at the time especially, for the price, id want a dead pixel free screen too! ive had two macs now, and known dozens with macs from my old university. whenever there was a dead pixel on thiers, one or even a whole row, they were repaired with no questions asked. considering some of the bull ive gone through with sony, these type of poor customer service practices dont seem very far off from how theyve treated me (i mean damn im on my third ps2 slim).

the sad truth is that no matter what company its made by its a computer...completely capable of having problems. at least its with nintendo who will always fix the hardware even after the warrantee period.

For what it's worth, I have owned five PlayStation consoles of various flavors, and not one of them has given me a single problem. I'm not a sony fanboy at all, I'm just sayin'.

I've had troubles with my Atari, Nintendo, and Sega systems, but the PS consoles run right all the time, every time.

Maybe they've changed. Do a search for xbox thompson dvd drive or such. MS had thousands of xbox's die due to a known factory defect, and they pretty much covered it up and pretended it didn't happen. I usually stand behind Microsoft, mostly because I've always owned a PC and have not had any problems, but thie gaming division sucks big time.Like I said though, maybe they've changed.

I have an XBox V1 with a Thompson drive that has had it cracked open to install a mod chip, upgrade the hdd 4 different times, and for various other reasons. Maybe I just like opening it and pulling stuff out/putting stuff in. One thing that has never been replaced in it is the Thompson drive. It is kicking strong to this day. I am not saying that people didn't have trouble with Thompson drives as I am very much aware of the problems. I am saying that my Thompson drive has worked flawlessly since day 1.

For what it's worth, I have owned five PlayStation consoles of various flavors, and not one of them has given me a single problem. I'm not a sony fanboy at all, I'm just sayin'.

I've had troubles with my Atari, Nintendo, and Sega systems, but the PS consoles run right all the time, every time.

well yea im not saying everyone with a playstation has issues :) just that ive not only had horrible luck, but they just were some of the rudest people ive ever had to talk to on the phone with the exception of Citi Bank :roll: .

ive also had issues with nintendo. my gc kept freezing, and ive had other problems as well. however, if there is anything i can say is that out of all the companies thier service is simply the best. no other gaming company has ever fixed any of my systems for free after the warrantee has ended. for this im very grateful.. and they did it with a smile on thier face.

Not one broken wee wee joke. Nothing about playing with it too hard. Nothing in this whole thread. I'm disappointed.

Wow, yeah...for some reason the first time i looked at the thread title all i could think of was the Ralph Wiggum "I bent my Wookiee" line. The obvious wang joke never even occurred to me, i'm definitely slipping in my old age. Must be going around.

Not one broken wee wee joke. Nothing about playing with it too hard. Nothing in this whole thread. I'm disappointed.

Thats because all of those jokes were done to death when the name was announced. They aren't funny at all any more. Actually, they are more of an annoyance at this point.

Edited by Lord Helmet

a girl at work had a 360 give her the ring of death (and scratched a few games) within the 1st week, and M$ basically told her tough luck. This was in November of 2006

This is complete bullshit. Whoever that girl is, she lies.

360's have a 1 year warranty now. Even when they didn't they still would have been under warrantee in November. I've called MS plenty of times for various reasons. (To ask questions, to set up extended warranty, and to replace my original 360 a few weeks after I got it because it would freeze up when playing Perfect Dark an issue that was addressed quickly and at no cost to myself, start passing that story along now as things you've heard about MS customer service.) MS never told me "Tough Luck" LOL

If they were telling their customers this especially on a piece of warranted equipment...The Better Business Bureau would have something to say about this don’t you think?? Just scour any 360 forums dated around November. MS was in a bind with hardware failures... they however were never telling their customers tough luck. Use some common sense and quit passing on false info.

It seems like you don't hear of many Wii's breaking down mlippart. What was Nintendos protocol for return? Do they send you a box to send your old unit back in or are they just sending you another Wii?

They sent me out a wii (tracking says it left them today, actually) and then I send mine back upon arrival- so no big deal- I'll just have to repplay the first zelda bits again.

Thats because all of those jokes were done to death when the name was announced. They aren't funny at all any more. Actually, they are more of an annoyance at this point.

Nope.

Still hilarious.

Broke his Wii. Bwaaaa ha aha aha ahahaha :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :P

They sent me out a wii (tracking says it left them today, actually) and then I send mine back upon arrival- so no big deal- I'll just have to repplay the first zelda bits again.

Well that sounds good (except having to loose your saves). I'm probably going to have to get mine replaced soon as well. :(

Though I haven't finished TP yet and sure as hell don't want to loose the saves unless I am left with no choice. Could you copy them (or just save) to an SD card? Haven't looked to see if that would work or not.

Well that sounds good (except having to loose your saves). I'm probably going to have to get mine replaced soon as well. :(

Though I haven't finished TP yet and sure as hell don't want to loose the saves unless I am left with no choice. Could you copy them (or just save) to an SD card? Haven't looked to see if that would work or not.

maybe its a good idea to save my saves on backup on my sd card...

well, they gave me the option of sending my console back to them, and they would repair it and mantain all the saves, but they said it would take 10-15 business days, and I'm only in the states for the next three weeks- I thought it would be cutting it too close, so I went this route instead.

Good thing I got that 2g card that was free after rebate.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to check out the SD route before my game saves get loose! :lol:

yea check out best buy.. i got a 2 gig one before at best buy on black friday for 20 dollars and a reader for 10. im sure they have all sorts of deals all the time. its really worth it, if not just to have music for Excite Truck and hopefully some more games in the future. i was disappointed Carbon didnt have that option, so i hope the next need for speed has that at least. madden 08 comes out this august with online, and im pretty sure you can load your own soundtrack in it as well (at least i think you coudl with the xbox version... we'll see).