IGNORED

My Wii Broke :(

jerseystyle

Wanted to add..that I don't know if this is a sale currently still or was for last week. But I picked up one of the Ultra II SD 2gb Sandisk cards from best buy this past Thursday. They were only 24.95! I know it is the best deal..but for Ultra II class SD cards..that is an excellent deal! Anyway...what is interesting is that transferring the saves from old 1gb SD card to this new one..the new one is at least 2x faster if not more. However, when saving data to the card through the Wii...it was the same slow speed. Sooo....in case anyone was curious. It looks like the Wii doesn't benefit at all from Ultra II or faster type SD cards. So...I say for the Wii, just stick with the standard 2gb SD Cards and call it good.

Still, with 2gb of data which shows well over 13k of blocks free after my other saves are on it...I can store more stuff on this like more MP3s or whatever and the speed will at least be good there. Be good in the camera as well.

Wanted to add..that I don't know if this is a sale currently still or was for last week. But I picked up one of the Ultra II SD 2gb Sandisk cards from best buy this past Thursday. They were only 24.95! I know it is the best deal..but for Ultra II class SD cards..that is an excellent deal! Anyway...what is interesting is that transferring the saves from old 1gb SD card to this new one..the new one is at least 2x faster if not more. However, when saving data to the card through the Wii...it was the same slow speed. Sooo....in case anyone was curious. It looks like the Wii doesn't benefit at all from Ultra II or faster type SD cards. So...I say for the Wii, just stick with the standard 2gb SD Cards and call it good.

Still, with 2gb of data which shows well over 13k of blocks free after my other saves are on it...I can store more stuff on this like more MP3s or whatever and the speed will at least be good there. Be good in the camera as well.

i saw ads for gamestop this week, said they were selling 2 gig sd cards for 19.99. just thought id add that.

My Wii also also semi broken. For some reason the wii shop channel never loads. I bought my wii back in November, and it has been like this the shole time, but I never really cared before. Does anyone have this problem or have any thoughts on it?

I think your network configuration is pooched. Check your wireless router to make sure that the Wii is connecting. You may have security enabled that prevents this from happening. If you have a security code, you should add that code into the Wii's settings. If you have no idea what your security setup is, then consider disabling all wireless security while you get your Wii configured. Once you have everything setup, you can whitelist the machines that should be able to connect. (To prevent annoying leechers.)

If your Wii *still* can't connect to the InterWebs, try setting the Wii's IP address, DNS entries, and Gateway manually. That should shake loose any routing problems it might be having.

Also..since it wasn't mentioned and wasn't asked? Do you have the Forcast Channel? Are you able to receive Miis from other people you have listed to your Wii? I guess I trying to verify if you can connect to any online resources at all through your Wii and get something. Which, would prove that indeed the shop channel is the only one hosed up. Or if you can't connect to anything online, then as Jbanes stated, you likely have an issue with the Wii not connecting as it needs through the wireless.

I had to set my router to channel 11, Make sure I had my SID set to be broadcast before I could get the Wii to see the router. Once that was done, I then added MAC filtering and a 128bit WEP key to the router. I then had to put all of this into the Wii's setup and also had to manually add the DNS, IP, and Gateway for the Wii to connect to. After getting all that setup, the Wii seems to connect pretty much 95% of the time which a signal of 70% or better. That is...until I use the microwave or talk on my wireless phones...hehe.