IGNORED

Wii light gun (Wii blaster) a reality

Lord Helmet

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the older Exidy gun games like Crossbow and Chiller. Altho I'd want the arcade versions not the NES versions. Does Nintendo have regular arcade games in their store yet? In any case this will be perfect for the new Resident Evil game that is coming out.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the older Exidy gun games like Crossbow and Chiller. Altho I'd want the arcade versions not the NES versions. Does Nintendo have regular arcade games in their store yet? In any case this will be perfect for the new Resident Evil game that is coming out.

I'm not sure there's anyone at Nintendo who will admit to remembering arcades. The NES was the first way to play video games, right? :laugh:

Arcade games are sadly missing from the Virtual Console...disappointing, because they might actually be something i'd buy. Now that this blaster shell's coming out, i could definitely see buying an arcade version of Duck Hunt.

Wow! If the wii gets some decent fps games.

that would totally make me want to get a wii.

I was kinda bummed out when I got my 40" lcd

and I found out that I couldn't play lightgun games on it.

Long live my inferior CRT!

Tempest

the link just goes to the homepage... what am i looking for. if its the wii blaster shell that theyve been advertising, its not a light gun, its just a shell for your wiimote to sit in.. thus it woudl be just fine for hdtvs. tell me if im wrong at what im talkin about. didnt they say this summer saturn games woudl be on vc? so you shoudl see virtua cop soon im sure.

Saturn games haven't been confirmed on the VC. The reason people thought that they were coming on the VC was part of all the rumors about NiGHTS until it was officially announced to be a new title and not a VC title. IIRC originally the rumor was NiGHTS on the VC being the first Saturn game, now I kind of doubt we'll see the platform on the VC anytime soon...

the link just goes to the homepage...

The link is to the weekly ad...here is part of it (and it is a shell for the wiimote):

yea thast what i thought you were talkin about. it might be cool for red steel or something, but since your not actually aiming at the screen its really only for shits and giggles, not for any aiming help. although the nuncuck inside the shell as well as the wiimote is pretty nifty. just dont think it woudl work for games like red steel where you have to move the nunchuck individually from the wiimote to do grenades and stuff. maybe this will be good for the on rails resident evil game...

the link just goes to the homepage...

The link is to the weekly ad...here is part of it (and it is a shell for the wiimote):

yea thast what i thought you were talkin about. it might be cool for red steel or something, but since your not actually aiming at the screen its really only for shits and giggles, not for any aiming help. although the nuncuck inside the shell as well as the wiimote is pretty nifty. just dont think it woudl work for games like red steel where you have to move the nunchuck individually from the wiimote to do grenades and stuff. maybe this will be good for the on rails resident evil game...

My wife is determined to get this thing, somehow under the impression that it will be "Awesome for Elebits". I'm going to just let her get it, because i endorse foolish purchases that lead to more gaming junk around the house, but yeah...i also thought it would be awkward to use this and the nunchuck at the same time.

Seems like the only thing it'd be good for now is Wii Play, and even then just one out of the eight games on there.

Seems like the only thing it'd be good for now is Wii Play, and even then just one out of the eight games on there.

In that case, you'll need two of them. Double-fisted shooting for the win! ;)

yea but you dont even need the nunchuck for that game.... would feel weird to have that nunchuck sitting in the holder not even being used. actually, so far none of the games i have besides that one minigame on wii play woudl work , as the only fps i own is red steel. what fps dont have seperate movements for the wii mote and the nunchuck? ...i only hope metroid prime can use this, that would be nice.. but if its seperate like red steel this little toy is junk. it was a cute concept at E3 when people didnt know how the games woudl be played yet... now its just old news if you ask me. besides.. who actually holds the wii mote like a gun in duckhunt or red steel? seroiusly. i think it woudl be annoying to hold this like the zapper as your not actually aiming on the screen. when i play fps on the wii, my hands are sitting on each knee, and my wiipointer is just pointing up at the sensor bar... im not looking down "the barrel" of the wiimote to the screen.

i think it woudl be annoying to hold this like the zapper as your not actually aiming on the screen. when i play fps on the wii, my hands are sitting on each knee, and my wiipointer is just pointing up at the sensor bar... im not looking down "the barrel" of the wiimote to the screen.

This is true. The best alternative would be an entirely new controller that functioned both as a wiimote AND a proper light gun. Basically you would want the motion sensing aspect of the wiimote, and the true light gun sensing that the NES Zapper employed. It doesn't seem like a far fetched idea to me. You could still plug it into the nunchuck. All you would really need to do is replace th infared aspect of the wiimote with a traditional light gun sensor, right?

Edited by Lord Helmet

You know, based on the cabinet design and how the Wii was designed, I thought that Time Crisis 4 would be a surefire appearance on this system. But no, Namco had to be stupid and make it a PS3 exclusive. Thanks you guys, now I gotta break the bank to play my favorite arcade game series at home!

You know, based on the cabinet design and how the Wii was designed, I thought that Time Crisis 4 would be a surefire appearance on this system. But no, Namco had to be stupid and make it a PS3 exclusive. Thanks you guys, now I gotta break the bank to play my favorite arcade game series at home!

Just get a time crisis machine.

It couldn't possibly be that much more expensive, could it?

Edited by warmachine

Before you folks get all worked up, you should keep in mind that this is a third-party product.

Better link: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie...oduct_id=802669

It's not really obvious how it works from the picture, but I think it just uses the nunchuck Z button as a trigger.

So quite literally it's just another wiimote frame.

Before you folks get all worked up, you should keep in mind that this is a third-party product.

Better link: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie...oduct_id=802669

It's not really obvious how it works from the picture, but I think it just uses the nunchuck Z button as a trigger.

So quite literally it's just another wiimote frame.

Nintendo did do a prototype of the lightgun adaptor for the wii. I assume it was canceled as it was previewed before launch of the wii. This is the closest I've seen to the design nintendo had in mind, and also the one I bought (actually I bought 2 of them)).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

see, if this company just made it like that with the ability for the nunchuck to attach at the bottom no one woudl have any issues. that controller has its own trigger and joystick, its not relying on the nunchuck. if it was seperate then it could work for ANY fps.