IGNORED

Wii light gun (Wii blaster) a reality

Lord Helmet

see, if this company just made it like that with the ability for the nunchuck to attach at the bottom no one woudl have any issues. that controller has its own trigger and joystick, its not relying on the nunchuck. if it was seperate then it could work for ANY fps.

Or the trigger/joystick setup there could in fact just be a nunchuck attachment plugged into the shell....it'd fit, and they only show one side. And if they showed the cord that would be involved in such a setup, nobody would've been impressed. Nothing destroys your wireless image like wires. :) I don't know how early this prototype was, since i wasn't really following the Wii news at the time, but this explanation sounds reasonable to me.

see, if this company just made it like that with the ability for the nunchuck to attach at the bottom no one woudl have any issues. that controller has its own trigger and joystick, its not relying on the nunchuck. if it was seperate then it could work for ANY fps.

Or the trigger/joystick setup there could in fact just be a nunchuck attachment plugged into the shell....it'd fit, and they only show one side. And if they showed the cord that would be involved in such a setup, nobody would've been impressed. Nothing destroys your wireless image like wires. :) I don't know how early this prototype was, since i wasn't really following the Wii news at the time, but this explanation sounds reasonable to me.

nah.. nintendo's zapper concept for the wii was just a unit by itself plus the wiimote... the whole nunchuck attaching to the back of the gun was an idea of whatever company this is. however, unless nintendo made a port on the bottom of the gun for the nunchuck its current design wouldnt work... as the port clicks into the gun.

actually i wonder if thats possible for future add ons... if you can add something to the port on the bottom of the wiimote that also has a port for the nunchuck on that attachement..

• 3 weeks later...

The official wii Zapper (announced at E3 today)

From Engadget's blog:

9:20AM PDT -The Wii Zapper is unveiled! You'll be able to "test zap" soon with Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, says Reggie. It makes Resident Evil both "evolutionary and revolutionary". He then says Sega is bringing the full light gun arcade action of Ghost Squad to Wii -- "A good healthy ZAPPING." Medal of Honor will also take advantage of the peripheral, with up to 32 soldiers being able to play in multiplayer mode. The Zapper will be packaged with games, and launch at a price of $19.99.