IGNORED

Is there some better games I am missing out on?

Hello everyone :)

I have had my Wii a few months now and I love Wii sports and Wii play - Great 2 player games. I mostly play the Wii with my girlfriend or another person and rarely play alone so I was wondering what games are good for two player action besides the two I mentioned. I have rented or owned the following and didn't really care for them....

Zelda - to involved, I don't think I would ever have the time to play it seriously

Excitetruck - Controls seemed kind of shitty to me

Metal Slug Anthology - I love the slug but not really anything special on the Wii

Wing Island - Hated it

Elebits - Kind of the same story as Zelda for me on this one, just wasn't really into it either

Trauma Center - Loved it on the DS but didn't really get in to it at all for the Wii, maybe the DS one burned me out?

Rayman - I did kind of like this one and will probably buy it but I don't think it's worth $50, I'll wait for the price cut. Would have liked some 2 player simultanious action as well

So what am I missing out on here, preferably 2 player simultanious play but I am open to really good pick up and play style one player games. It feels weird to only have two games for this system and the games I own almost feel more like a demo then a game. Any suggestions for me? Thanks eveyone :) :) :)

I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but that marble game that just came out a few weeks ago is pretty entertaining. Some of the marbles you guide around are shaped like Pandas, or puppies. And they make little squeaky noises. Good one to play with the girlfriend. :)

Sonic is good - more of a single player as the party games pretty much suck - but the single player is really quite fun once you get into it a ways.

Cooking Mama is overpriced at $50 but if you can find it cheaper is REALLY fun - the versus cookoffs are quite well done. The wife and I rented it, I'll buy it when I see it used or it has a price drop.

The marble game is supposed to be really good too - it's Kori somethingarother I think.

I'm surprised you didn't like Elebits, we really like that one.

I'm surprised you didn't like Elebits, we really like that one.

I think the audience is pretty heavily divided on Elebits. My wife absolutely loves it, and will sit down and play for long stretches. I played two levels and completely lost interest. The gameplay is just too constraining for me....i stopped enjoying playing on a timer around 1993 or so.

The controls on Excite Truck are anything but shitty. But I understand your difficulty, if you've grown up with a joypad/analog stick (and haven't we all), that system feels weird for a few goes. After that it's completely awesome, same goes for Heatseeker. I almost took that back because it was 'unplayable'. I rock at it now :)

Warioware is worth looking into, and so is Brain Age Academy. Both should be good for you if you prefer to play games in short sessions.

EDIT: Almost forgot about Mario Party 8. You should try that one too. :)

Edited by Pixelboy

Alright thanks for the suggestions so far here is my current future rental list...

Heatseaker - I have been waiting for a cool plane game

Warioware - I hope it's a little longer then the DS one, I was done with that one in a day or two :sad:

Cooking Mama - I am curious about this one

Big Brain Academy - If anything like the DS version I am so there

Mario Party - I will probably just buy this one, I am not a huge fan but it's a good game for guests, family, etc....

It will take quite a bit for me to trust another Sonic game on a home console, he hasn't had the best record lately :D

The marble one sounds good also, has anyone played Monkey Ball? Good? Bad?

The marble one sounds good also, has anyone played Monkey Ball? Good? Bad?

Monkeyball is fun but nothing amazingly new compared to the previous games in the series. The mini games are very hit or miss - some are really fun but there are many stinkers to fight through to find the good ones. It's another one that I wouldn't put in the worth $50 category - but one I would rent or pick up for $20ish.

I really like SSX Blur. Just make sure you turn off steering via 'tilting' and go with steering via the analog stick. Then it's just about perfect. The game looks great, plays great, controls great (other than the aforementioned move via-tilting), and is a lot of fun. Not sure if there's any 2 player mode.

I would suggest Sonic, but if you didn't like the controls in Excite Truck, you'll probably hate Sonic. It's a pretty fun game at its core, and has an addictive "one more try" quality. But it does feel very unpolished and sloppy in a lot of ways. It's also one of those games that gets better the more you play it (or maybe I've just come to accept its quirks). The minigames in Sonic are also really good. I'd say at least 3 fun ones for every dud. The board games they're wrapped up in are really slow, however, and depending on your patience it might suck some of the fun out of it. I've never played with more than 2 players, but I imagine w/ 4 players it'd be a blast. Playing through the board games with 1 player is really, really, really slow. The minigames themselves are great, though.

Edited by BydoEmpire

These are my only Wii games so far (I've had trouble collecting games, let alone playing it because my room is so darn small!)

Legend of Zelda: Not bad, but I still prefer the GameCube version since I'm a purist.

Excite Truck: The first Wii game I experienced at a demo kiosk. I like it a lot actually.

Trauma Center: Second Opinion: Easier than the DS version on the fingers, and the difficulty settings are good too. Not to mention Angie is even cuter now when she's angry. ;)

Metal Slug Anthology: I've waited so long to play MS6 at home, but use a classic controller or a GameCube controller, as the Wii controls just don't cut the mustard for me.

I'm thinking of picking up True Swing Golf when I get the money, and I know I have to get RE4 Wii.

hmm.. for your tastes id definately pick up mario party 8. its alot better than 6 (never played 7), and i know my mom really gets a kick out of it. Big brain academy is next on our purchase list as my mom liked the ds game quite a bit, and got excited to see there was a wii version. rayman is good, and i do think its worth the 50 dollar price tag, just not at first... when you get to the harder levels its a real blast. i also want to try cooking mama, but i just cant justify 50 bucks for it right now. there are many games that are great.. but it seems you dont like any time of game with much substance to it.. so sonic is NOT a good choice, as it is very "sit down and play me for ages to get through the story line" game. if you didnt like zelda, skip this. its a shame as your missing out on some of my favorites like Paper Mario... but i think youd get bored as its a very story driven game. i cant believe you didnt like excite truck... thast like the unknown gem of the system. are you sure you just didnt put more time into it? its not shitty at all to be honest with you. lets see... most of the other games i own youve tried.. so try out the ones i suggested.

also, dont forget Wii health and Wii Music are coming out very soon... which should fit right up your alley.

I really like SSX Blur. Just make sure you turn off steering via 'tilting' and go with steering via the analog stick. Then it's just about perfect. The game looks great, plays great, controls great (other than the aforementioned move via-tilting), and is a lot of fun. Not sure if there's any 2 player mode.

I would suggest Sonic, but if you didn't like the controls in Excite Truck, you'll probably hate Sonic. It's a pretty fun game at its core, and has an addictive "one more try" quality. But it does feel very unpolished and sloppy in a lot of ways. It's also one of those games that gets better the more you play it (or maybe I've just come to accept its quirks). The minigames in Sonic are also really good. I'd say at least 3 fun ones for every dud. The board games they're wrapped up in are really slow, however, and depending on your patience it might suck some of the fun out of it. I've never played with more than 2 players, but I imagine w/ 4 players it'd be a blast. Playing through the board games with 1 player is really, really, really slow. The minigames themselves are great, though.

Even if it's good I refuse to buy EA games on a current gen system, I just don't like them as a company, I would rather a different game company get my money. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

hmm.. for your tastes id definately pick up mario party 8. its alot better than 6 (never played 7), and i know my mom really gets a kick out of it. Big brain academy is next on our purchase list as my mom liked the ds game quite a bit, and got excited to see there was a wii version. rayman is good, and i do think its worth the 50 dollar price tag, just not at first... when you get to the harder levels its a real blast. i also want to try cooking mama, but i just cant justify 50 bucks for it right now. there are many games that are great.. but it seems you dont like any time of game with much substance to it.. so sonic is NOT a good choice, as it is very "sit down and play me for ages to get through the story line" game. if you didnt like zelda, skip this. its a shame as your missing out on some of my favorites like Paper Mario... but i think youd get bored as its a very story driven game. i cant believe you didnt like excite truck... thast like the unknown gem of the system. are you sure you just didnt put more time into it? its not shitty at all to be honest with you. lets see... most of the other games i own youve tried.. so try out the ones i suggested.

also, dont forget Wii health and Wii Music are coming out very soon... which should fit right up your alley.

I think my girlfriends hatred for Excitetruck may have spilled over to me a little. When I first played it I liked it but then everytime we played it she just trashed it. I put about 3 hours or so in to it I think. I probably should give it another try since everyone has such good feedback about it, I will wait for a used one or a nice price cut since I already bought/sold it once. Story Driven games are not my style at all due to the amount of time involved, I never have enough time to get anywhere in them so I end up just putting them on my shelf and when I do play them again I forget what the hell I was doing and just turn it off to play Tetris. I am more of a mini game/puzzle game pick up and play gamer. I'll give Excitetruck another go though. I like some sports games also.

speaking of sports games, madden 08 is coming out in august, and that looks much better than the already highly respected 07. also, "the bigs" , a baseball game from 2K is coming out soon for wii, and looks pretty good so far for those who like that sort of thing. its gotten good previews so far.

One of those steering wheel things really helps Excite Trucks controls feel a lot better for me at least. It's probably my favorite Wii game with Kororinpa: Marble Mania being my 2nd. I liked flying games in general and I think Heatseeker and Blazing Angels were decent. Blazing Angels has tighter controls and better graphics yet I found Heatseeker more fun. Warioware is definately a good one, although it's a bit short. I'm shocked no one said Super Paper Mario.

speaking of sports games, madden 08 is coming out in august, and that looks much better than the already highly respected 07. also, "the bigs" , a baseball game from 2K is coming out soon for wii, and looks pretty good so far for those who like that sort of thing. its gotten good previews so far.

I am all over the baseball game, I hope it is good :)

One of those steering wheel things really helps Excite Trucks controls feel a lot better for me at least. It's probably my favorite Wii game with Kororinpa: Marble Mania being my 2nd. I liked flying games in general and I think Heatseeker and Blazing Angels were decent. Blazing Angels has tighter controls and better graphics yet I found Heatseeker more fun. Warioware is definately a good one, although it's a bit short. I'm shocked no one said Super Paper Mario.

i said paper mario :ponder: , but i said i woudlnt think it would fit his taste in games. how is that kororinpa game? it got horrid reviews .. is it any good? what do you do in the game exactly? just move a marble through the maze? woudl you recommend that game over monkey ball?

as far as the flight games, i really wanted heatseaker but it looked like crap (graphics wise). blazing angels looked good to me but everyone told me it wasnt very fun. would you pay full price for either, or if you had a choice woudl you have waited? is heatseaker really "burnout in the sky" as they advertise?

One of those steering wheel things really helps Excite Trucks controls feel a lot better for me at least. It's probably my favorite Wii game with being my 2nd. I liked flying games in general and I think Heatseeker and Blazing Angels were decent. Blazing Angels has tighter controls and better graphics yet I found Heatseeker more fun. Warioware is definately a good one, although it's a bit short. I'm shocked no one said Super Paper Mario.

i said paper mario :ponder: , but i said i woudlnt think it would fit his taste in games. how is that kororinpa game? it got horrid reviews .. is it any good? what do you do in the game exactly? just move a marble through the maze? woudl you recommend that game over monkey ball?

as far as the flight games, i really wanted heatseaker but it looked like crap (graphics wise). blazing angels looked good to me but everyone told me it wasnt very fun. would you pay full price for either, or if you had a choice woudl you have waited? is heatseaker really "burnout in the sky" as they advertise?

Sorry AtariJr. I need to double check things better. Yeah Heatseeker's graphics are bad. It's a shame, because the game plays pretty well, but the graphics are subpar for a current PS2 game. They are more like a 1st gen Dreamcast game. It's a toss up on the flight games, neither seem to be worth full price to me. Heatseeker certainly is not Burnout in the sky. Superman Returns did a better job of that. The afterburners ofter a good sense of a rapid increase in speed, but the graphics kill it a bit. You'll need to slow down too if you want to be able to shoot anything down. Also Heatseeker doesn't rumble the Wiimote. That ruins a lot too. Blazing Angels is pretty sound in terms of graphics and controls, but the game itself is pretty repetitive and boring.

I didn't really care for Super Monkey Ball Banna Blitz, but I found Kororinpa: Marble Mania very fun. It's exactly what I feel a Wii marble/ball game should be. It's the modern day Marble Madness I've been waiting for. I was always a huge fan of that game.

One of those steering wheel things really helps Excite Trucks controls feel a lot better for me at least. It's probably my favorite Wii game with being my 2nd. I liked flying games in general and I think Heatseeker and Blazing Angels were decent. Blazing Angels has tighter controls and better graphics yet I found Heatseeker more fun. Warioware is definately a good one, although it's a bit short. I'm shocked no one said Super Paper Mario.

Sorry AtariJr. I need to double check things better. Yeah Heatseeker's graphics are bad. It's a shame, because the game plays pretty well, but the graphics are subpar for a current PS2 game. They are more like a 1st gen Dreamcast game. It's a toss up on the flight games, neither seem to be worth full price to me. Heatseeker certainly is not Burnout in the sky. Superman Returns did a better job of that. The afterburners ofter a good sense of a rapid increase in speed, but the graphics kill it a bit. You'll need to slow down too if you want to be able to shoot anything down. Also Heatseeker doesn't rumble the Wiimote. That ruins a lot too. Blazing Angels is pretty sound in terms of graphics and controls, but the game itself is pretty repetitive and boring.

I didn't really care for Super Monkey Ball Banna Blitz, but I found Kororinpa: Marble Mania very fun. It's exactly what I feel a Wii marble/ball game should be. It's the modern day Marble Madness I've been waiting for. I was always a huge fan of that game.

cool, thats pretty much what i expected from the two flight games. i really do love flight acarde/sim games, but ill wait for better ones to grace the wii... and considering the controller, im sure that wont be too far down the lane. im going to have to check out that marble game, it seems to be getting good feedback from AA members here. its getting hard to find already as it obviously wasnt a blockbuster hit, so ill have to see if i can find it again before its discontinued.

I think my girlfriends hatred for Excitetruck may have spilled over to me a little. When I first played it I liked it but then everytime we played it she just trashed it.

I completely don't get that. My wife is horrible at Excite Truck. When she played it, she managed to flip, crash, roll, crush, slide, drown, fall, spin, and otherwise destroy her way through the level....

....and got an S-Class rating. :lol:

Exite Truck: The game that rewards bad players! :P