IGNORED

7800 stuff out on show

Mayhem

You know, it dawned on me I hadn't taken a proper pic of my 7800 stuff... so here you go :)

(awaiting the box for MIA now!)

atari7800.jpg

If i kill you, do I become you? Or you know, at least become you 7800 collection wise.

Edited by Atarifever

Thing is, most of that took under 6 months to acquire, when 7800 stuff was all over eBay. I think things have changed since then...

Truth be told, I'm actually enjoying slowly aquiring my collection. There's always something in the mail for me and something to look forward to buying.

Hey, what's the second game from the left on the second row. Look like a teal green box in shrinkwrap. Is it Pete Rose?

Yep, it's Pete Rose. I think the only NTSC game I don't have now is Kung Fu Master. So if anyone's got that complete and going spare...

my 26/7800 collection is nothing like as grand, or well displayed.

I really need to get my '65 VW Beetle finished, so I can turn the garage into a den

It's all NTSC by the way, in some ways easier and cheaper to get hold of than PAL stuff from flea bay.

There is a Sears Heavy sixer (thanks CPUWIZ) on it's way and another couple of shipments of 7800 and 2600 games from 2600.com :)

My own 7800 collection is about half of what Mayhem's is. I have close to 30 boxed games, and perhaps 20 loose ones. It grew fast at first, but now it's slowed down a bit. I guess that's mainly because I haven't been actively searching ebay for the stuff yet, and I haven't seen a lot posted in the marketplace that I haven't got.

Overall, a higher percentage of the games in my 7800 section have their instructions and boxes than any other cartridge based system.

I posted an xls file recently that has everything in my 7800 collection except Missing In Action.

You got Shooting Arcade, but not Save Mary?

For a 2600-game on 7800-hardware, I thought that was a lot of fun.

-John

Save mary is, in my opinion, an incredible game that deserves to be on Xbox live arcade and the Wii virtual Console by now. It's amazing how great this puzzle game for the 2600 is. If it had originally been released as a 7800 game anyway, with it's current 2600 graphics, I'm sure it would be on most people's top 10 7800 games lists.

Edited by Atarifever

Luckily I'm up there with Mat, when it comes to the 7800, I just need Tank Command.

I don't want the same game twice because it's a NTSC or Secam title as well as PAL. For me, I got a complete 7800 collection nevertheless (USA collectors call their NES collection complete when only collecting USA NTSC titles, so I'm fine with that). When or if I find a TC in my price bracket, I go for it, if not, so be it.

I don't collect homebrews.

http://videogamecollectors.com/gallery/album406

Edited by thomasholzer

Why not? On the 7800 probably 4 of the top 10 games are homebrews or prototypes (Klax, Save Mary, Beef Drop, PacMan Collection), with 3 others on the way that I'm pretty sure will also make the list (BonQ and Froggie are awesome, and Bob is doing the Asteroids Deluxe, so it pretty much has to be good).

Why not? On the 7800 probably 4 of the top 10 games are homebrews or prototypes (Klax, Save Mary, Beef Drop, PacMan Collection), with 3 others on the way that I'm pretty sure will also make the list (BonQ and Froggie are awesome, and Bob is doing the Asteroids Deluxe, so it pretty much has to be good).

Let's see where Missing In Action falls into the list.

As for puzzle games, I felt like Save Mary was beaten far and away by the one Activision prototype. That game is more addictive than crack.

Let's see where Missing In Action falls into the list.

As for puzzle games, I felt like Save Mary was beaten far and away by the one Activision prototype. That game is more addictive than crack.

I'm waiting for my copy of MIA, so I figured I'd make a statement revising the list after I have it if necessary.

What Activision game?