IGNORED

Complete or not?

Damon Plus

I've bought a Blue Lightning complete, like new, for 10€. The guy has lots of other games, but they are cart only. I normally only collect complete games, but I´m aware that Lynx games are pretty hard to come by, and I might not see them again in a long time. Some of the games are pretty rare (Scrapyard Dog, Electrocop ridged cart, Rampage), but I seriously do not know what to do.

Do you buy your games complete or not?

I know some people get worked up over a game being 'complete', but to me, it's all about the playing. If I had to choose between two great games with no box or manuals, or one great game that was complete for the same price, I'd go for the two incompletes.

I'm with ls650 - don't worry too much about it myself... Playing the game is the thing, though strangely enough, I have more "complete" Lynx games in my collection than in any other. There are some games that for nostalgic reasons I want to own complete, however... For instance, I recently wanted to play Dracula X Rondo of Blood; playing the ROM on my GP2X for free made a lot more sense than dropping $100 for the game and another $200 for a PCE Duo on Ebay to me, so that's what I did... anyway, I loved it, and when the PSP version is released, I'll buy it in a heartbeat! Other fave series like Final Fantasy or Metal Gear get me the same way... But generally, the box and manual aren't that important to me - like Shakespeare said, the play's the thing!

I have all of my Lynx games complete (Klax, Chip's Challenge, Slime World, Stun Runner and Pac-Land). Now, I´ve bought Blue Lighting complete too, and California Games cart only, because I know it's pretty hard to find the box. I'm thinking in buying a third game (between Batman Returns, Rampage or Scrapyard Dog), but they're not complete.

I find that Lynx games are often easier to find complete than incomplete...there's still so much unused stock out there. I don't ordinarily keep boxes because they just take up shelf space. But I kept Xenophobe complete because it was @$$ expensive, and Bill+Ted and Volleyball because they're my faves. For everything else, I keep the game and manual, and chuck the box. I like the manuals because my dorm mate used to have them in college, so they have some sentimental value.

I don't think Batman, Rampage or Scrapyard Dog are that hard to find complete? I've seen them all that way. Batman might be a little harder because I think it was a pack-in game at one time, but I've definitely seen it with the box before. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a boxed Blue Lightning or CA Games.

most of my Lynx games are complete, but i'm like you, I saw some games, cart only, figured, i may not see these again and bought them as is cart only. I've never been one to really care about the packaging as I play all the games I buy, i've only recently started to really put the effort into getting things boxed. But really, it doesn't bother me as long as the game is fun.

to be honest it depends what your in for. Whether your a collector and want to own all the games complete or a player who just wants the games to play and doesnt care if their complete or not. Personally I just enjoy playing the games so im in no rush to get a complete boxed collection of games. Plus boxed atari stuff is always pricey > <

Go with complete games since that is what you have been collecting. You will probably regret going loose and end up buying all of them twice so you can get the boxes. Even though they are a little harder to find where you are your patience will pay off in the long run and you will eventually find them Complete because they are out there, they are always out there :)

I don't think Batman, Rampage or Scrapyard Dog are that hard to find complete? I've seen them all that way. Batman might be a little harder because I think it was a pack-in game at one time, but I've definitely seen it with the box before. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a boxed Blue Lightning or CA Games.

I have new/boxed Batman and Blue Lightning in my Songbird catalog. ;) I do own a boxed Cal Games, but they are hard to come by.

I had a topic like this a little bit ago in the classic gaming forums about Turbografx-16 games.I went with getting both CIB and loose games.

Am going to to open and play them but its nice to have the box and manual for you to display in your gaming room or for trade if you want to get something diffrent. :)

Well, I just did a quick count... Of the 27 Lynx titles I currently own, 20 of them are complete in box, 2 others have the manual, and there are five that are cart only... So I guess I do prefer them complete, though I don't profess to have a preference.