IGNORED

Eternal Darkness

Sauron

Simply put, this game rocks. I picked it up last night and played it all night....I can already tell this game is going to suck up many hours. Graphics are pretty sharp, and the insanity effects will drive you insane. This is what RE and copycats should all strive to be. I'd definitely recommend it for GameCube owners.

Man, I've been oohing and aahing about this for a while. one minute I really want it and the next i don't.

I love the idea of the insanity effects and I'm up for another scary game.

I like the way it isn't another RE clone - I'm done with RE now.

But, i don't like the 'fantasy gothic' Cthulu-esque theme, I like my horror served up real, like Silent Hill - no made up names, just reality with a horrible twist.

Oh......I don't know!!!!! Please someone help!!!

Eternal darkness is a great game - really fun...

But there are a few weak spots in the product (the magic system is VERY easy to cheat), its a bit short and there are not many different enemies...

I have finshed it now and I did thouroughly enjoy the game.

If you like Lovecraft and the whole Cthulhu cycle you'll love it - they ripped of the Call of Cthulhu RPG totally - don't be fooled by a few Poe quotes to disguise their plunder!!!

sTeVE

Not really - that is a fun part of the game - I enjoyed getting ahead of the curve..

The fact that if you move around you regain magik energy - so before entering each room you circle around and around until your meter is full then enter the next area use your magic, retreat and circle if you run out of energy - repeat until you finish the game...

It seemed a poor mechanic that could have been tweaked more...

sTeVE

I getcha. I'm sure most people feel the same way about it. However, recharging your magic, etc. does put a damper on you if you're playing for time. There doesnt seem to be any reward in the game for getting a low time but the completion time would certainly reflect how often you had to use this "cheat". I'm sure this would factor into how the game would be played competitively, like for Twin Galaxies. People should put up their completion times. My first-game completion time is embarassing. I'll put up my second one.