IGNORED

Florida Classic Gamer Meet!

Gregory DG

Well then, Greg, what say you and I start listing what we have for each system? :P Of course, I won't list anything that you already have just for the sake of redundancy.

Gamewise? Yikes, that'd probably take awhile! Of course with the CC2 I've got practically every 2600/7800 game in existence on it. As for actual rares, I've only got 2600 Xenophobe, Video Cube, & Gremlins. Other than Adventure II, nothing rare on the 5200. I've got most 7800 games except for the Froggo ones. Got most common Jaguar games plus BattleSphere, Atari Karts, Aircars, Skyhammer... Got most Lynx releases plus Cybervirus, BattleWheels (Lynx Up!)

I don't have much on the NES side. Maybe 10 games. Same for Genesis. Dreamcast I've got mostly common stuff. DOA2 is probably my "rarest" game not counting the burned ones I mentioned earlier (HL, Prop Arena, emulators.)

I so envy you on the Atari side, man. Anyways, if I can get my friend in Tampa to attend, he has a few items for NES, SNES, N64, and a couple games for 32x. Here are the games for some systems I can bring:

Genesis:

MK1

MK2

Street Fighter II: Special Championship Edition

Sonic 1, 2, 3, Sonic&Knuckles

Thunder Force III

Streets of Rage II

Altered Beast

World Championship Soccer II

Fatal Labyrinth

Zombies Ate my Neighbots

Jurassic Park

Genesis-32X:

DOOM

MK2

SegaCD:

Silpheed

Vay

Chuck Rock

Sega Classics

NES:

Ghosts 'n' Goblins

Castlevania

Castlevania II

Kirby's Adventure

Pac-Mania

Tetris (Nintendo)

Double Dragon

Metroid

Kid Icarus

Jordan Vs. Bird

Bases Loaded

Super Mario Bros. 3

Fester's Quest

Battletoads and Double Dragon

Operation Wolf

Legacy of the Wizard

Hmm... That reminds me. I have a friend in Tampa that might come too. He's the guy who sold me my Jaguar plus lots of Atari ST stuff. I'll have to dig up his email. I might be able to persuade him to bring his Astrocade! :D

(He even has one of these kiosks but I doubt he'd be able to lug it from Tampa.)

Edited by Gregory DG

Well, I intend for it to be free. The only thing you have to pay for is transportation/food. ;)

Edit: Oh, and it'll have nothing to do with Cypress Gardens. They'd charge too much for space. I'd rather have it at my office where it'd be free. :D

Edited by Gregory DG

Well, I intend for it to be free. The only thing you have to pay for is transportation/food. ;)

Edit: Oh, and it'll have nothing to do with Cypress Gardens. They'd charge too much for space. I'd rather have it at my office where it'd be free. :D

No themeparks please! :D

We don't have a date yet. I'm just trying to get at least 10 people to say "Yes." :D

Do it on the weekend, I got college starting this month.

Edited by Fighter17

I live in Port Saint Lucie, and might be able to make it depending on the date. I could also transport a couple people who might be in the area (or further south)

Cool deal Bryan.

I guess we should start talking about dates? What month? September? October? Let's start there...

Late September may work for me. I'm going to be moving out into a place of my own sometime during this month, and a friend of mine is going to be moving in since he's not going to be able to do much after a spinal fusion he needs is done (gonna have to take care of him until his back heals).

Would you object to Sept. 20?

Ok. So let's set it for Sept. 22. When should we start? 10am? Noon? Something early enough to make some people's 2 hour drive worthwhile. I don't care when it ends really. ;)

Here's the "stations" I'm confirming (these are my consoles.)

1. 7800 with Cuttle Cart 2. That'll cover 99% of the 2600/7800 games.

2. Jaguar with most of the games + BattleSphere. (I also have a JagLink, so bring your Jag & BS and we can hook 'em up!)

3. 5200 with Adventure II.+Trakball. I can also have my XEGS sitting next it for a quick switchover.

4. Lynx with most games.

5. NES with a few games.

6. Dreamcast with about 20 games.

7. Nintendo DS with about 12 games.

8. Networked PC games. I'll have to dig up the actual games, but we can do some LAN gaming (ie Quake, AvP, Elite Force, whatever.)

That's pretty much it. I also have a Genesis with a few games, but I can't find the power adapter and the Jaguar's adapter doesn't seem to work (even though it does vice-versa.)

What systems can you confirm to bring? Also, if you have a small TV to bring with your console, that'd be helpful. I do have VGA monitors, but unless you have a cable to hook your console to it, we won't be able to play.

Bring your games carts/CDs at least! And make sure to label them somehow so they don't get lost! (I usually put an address label on my Jaguar games.)

Edited by Gregory DG

I won't make it this time but I can send you an Invader X Contest Cartridge to use and give away at the meeting.

NWCGE2K6bCompLabelsmall.gif

post-3832-1186968269_thumb.jpgpost-3832-1186968332_thumb.jpgpost-3832-1186968343_thumb.jpg

It is a special contest version of Invader X that only gives you 3 lives with no extra lives awarded. If you have a name for the meeting I can come up with a meeting specific label. There are only 6 carts of this game with 2 show specific labels.

I won't make it this time but I can send you an Invader X Contest Cartridge to use and give away at the meeting.

Cool thanks! I'll PM you with my address.

It is a special contest version of Invader X that only gives you 3 lives with no extra lives awarded. If you have a name for the meeting I can come up with a meeting specific label. There are only 6 carts of this game with 2 show specific labels.

Haven't really thought about the meeting name. Suggestions everyone?

Florida Classic Gamer Meet? :ponder:

NWCGE2K6bCompLabelsmall.gif

post-3832-1186968269_thumb.jpgpost-3832-1186968332_thumb.jpgpost-3832-1186968343_thumb.jpg

thatsa cool game I played it at my show last year.

btw: greg good luck at your meet