IGNORED

Guitar Hero Encore: 80's Edition

keilbaca

No, no costume changes. Just the basic guys in their schway 80's attire.

Meh, I still loathe those three finger chords. And the crazy ass solos. From what I'm hearing, Living Color came in and re-recorded Cult Of Personality for GH3 and it now has a completely insane solo. Great. Thank you. Love to hear stuff like that. <sarcasm off>

I *finally* beat Electric Eye again. The secret is mastering the finger sliding technique. I still have no idea how to do the solo though, it isn't even coherent to me. I just turned on the star power and faked it (poorly). Now I'm back to the solo in Play With Me which is also insane. I'm stuck at 77% complete...

Just for fun I tried Expert mode. At first I thought it was fun because it didn't seem all that much harder than Hard, then the three note chords came. How the $@#% are you supposed to be able to do those? My fingers just don't move like that! Unless all three notes are right next to each other forget it!

Tempest

Yea....What I Like About You is What I Hate About GH:80s.

Those aren't fun chord progressions. They could have made the note chart a lot more fun and less annoying.

And I'm officially going to quit ghosting the Gamefaqs Guitar Hero forums after I read some guy saying Wrathchild was too rap metal.....and the sad part was everyone was AGREEING with him.

Kids these days...........quite sad. :(

Nobody KNOWS music anymore.

Hey, Tempest, I hear ya, man. My hands are busted up to begin with, so it's even harder for me. I can usually fake my way through most songs, though. I have had quite a bit of practice, so it's usually only the harder songs on Expert that give me problems, OR songs with those amazingly stupid math metal/metalcore types of timing signatures (Six is the worst offender here, what a CRAPPY song). Stuff like that sounds like they're just hitting the strings randomly. Oh, and Jordan is IMFREAKINGPOSSIBLE on Expert. Hard? No sweat, hell, I can 5 star it every time, but Expert...holy crapola.

ok in the spirit of me posting stuff.. I made a video of myself playing We Got the Beat. It's already got rave reviews on IRC like "Cant hear the music.. can only hear the strum bar!", "Why'd you pick that song", and also "<xshadowx> worst guitar hero video EVER" :cool:

Why? Why not. Enjoy the badness... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RbBqsAphQo

This is slightly off topic, but I figure it's close enough.

I place the blame firmly on all of you! It's all your fault!

NE146, I always like your casual optimisim on these forums. Our recent brief exchange on the topic of Guitar Hero got me thinking about the game again. This thread didn't help either. So I tried the game a few more times in a store demo. Then I figured, what the hell. I needed some variety from flight sims. I plunked down the cash to get Guitar Hero II for my 360 and try it out. I have more respect for it, but it's still Dragon's Lair on steroids. :P

It's obvious that all of you are spider fingered mutants to be able to play on Hard and higher difficulties. Either that, or you're all like the cyborg from Ghost in the Shell who could make his fingers pop apart into special function typing fingers.

Well if we're talking videos here...

I did some custom song videos

@keilbaca: cool vids.. except I'd rather see you playing it and your technique :) On mine you don't even see the screen at all :lol:

NE146, I always like your casual optimisim on these forums. Our recent brief exchange on the topic of Guitar Hero got me thinking about the game again. This thread didn't help either. So I tried the game a few more times in a store demo. Then I figured, what the hell. I needed some variety from flight sims. I plunked down the cash to get Guitar Hero II for my 360 and try it out. I have more respect for it, but it's still Dragon's Lair on steroids. :P

:lol:

Hey dude, I think you'll enjoy it. Yes it's follow the dots but it's FUN follow the dots :D

And come on man, don't blame us. I think your decision to snag the game is more probably attributed to a current lack of any other new must-have new titles at the moment for the 360. ;) But I guess what do you expect in August? Nonetheless, I think you made a good choice.. there's a reason the game is popular :)

Believe it or not Guitar Hero (for us lesser players) involves a bit of strategy. Including knowing which power notes to try to hit and when to use your star power so you can hack your way through the tougher parts. Etc, etc.

Plus there are enough similarities to a real guitar that it just makes it fun. When you are running your fingers up and down the fret buttons they usually match the music in some manner. Other music "button mashers" do not have that type of corispondence.

Well if we're talking videos here...

I did some custom song videos

@keilbaca: cool vids.. except I'd rather see you playing it and your technique :) On mine you don't even see the screen at all :lol:

I just got myself a gamebridge. My next videos will be split screen, the top being a video of the shredding, and the bottom being the notes.

Ah I forgot I had this video. Zenoff gave me a christmas gift, a pepsi man suit. So, that day, I played gh with it on, mask off, because you can't see anything out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYx8PdyHyis

It has fretting videos :) I fail the song though, its tough playing gh with "gloves" snagging all the time on frets.

Edited by keilbaca