IGNORED

WTB cheap laptop hard drive

yuppicide

My friend needs a really small size.. like 2-4GB working laptop hard drive. He got this old Pentium 166Mhz for free and I told him we should just throw it away, but he invested $22 in a power supply for it. I started it up and can't get it to format. It looks like the hard drive is bad.

Why throw it away?? It'll be great to run dos games on and early Windows games. My games laptop is great fun when I take it with me, playing older games.

You should be able to find a hdd on ebay easy for next to nothing for a size like that. Keep in mind that with a computer of that era, it may need to have a larger drive (like 10gb) partitioned out. Maybe not, depends on the machine. I wish I had somethign to offer but I don't have parts right now.

Nathan

Well, I personally would throw it away. I'm not interested in anything that old. I have a 2.4Ghz now that some MAME games don't run smoothly on.

I just bought myself an Intel Quad-Core processor. I'll get the motherboard in 2 weeks. The Asus mobo I am getting can take up to 8GB memory, but that much only works with 64-Bit operating system.