IGNORED

I decided to close my ebay store!

Atarimania75

If you're an eBay reseller, I don't see that as a "business". That's just a vulture. Places like 'Trade N' Games' and Atari2600.com - those are real businesses. They have real websites and in some cases brick and mortar stores - I've bought from them before and will do in the future. They don't generate all their inventory by just sitting around sniping eBay auctions then relisting them on ebay.

they know i am a buyer and seller

You WERE a buyer :D , unless maybe you have started collecting again?

I have really got out of the selling mood right now.......so i closed up my ebay store.

Sorry to see you go, man. You always seemed to be carrying some of the more interesting stuff.

That said, I respect your decision.

Don´t be a stranger though, and once the urge to find those rarities and sell them resurfaces, the AA Marketplace would welcome you with open arms, I´m sure. :cool:

If whoever is in charge wants to lock this thread, go for it - makes no difference to me at all. This is like the elephant in the room that no one wants to address.

Some quick points before this inevitably gets shut down, and this said as a statement of my opinion and without malice. I've never met this AtariMania guy, I don't care do, but I have nothing against him personally.

Obviously this guy can do whatever he wants. I'm just not going to participate in this lame pity party because this guy has decided to stop sniping and reselling.

If you're an eBay reseller, I don't see that as a "business". That's just a vulture. Places like 'Trade N' Games' and Atari2600.com - those are real businesses. They have real websites and in some cases brick and mortar stores - I've bought from them before and will do in the future. They don't generate all their inventory by just sitting around sniping eBay auctions then relisting them on eBay (after, or course, posting on the message board here all sweetly "please check out my auctions".)

I've said it before and I'll say it again - an eBay reseller hanging around the AtariAge forums is like a used car saleman hanging around a classic car collector meeting. I'm not going to play patty-cake with them just to be nice. This is a collectors forum - for collectors, not for guys trying to take money from collectors by sniping auctions on eBay and then relisting them. I'd say 90% of whatever money they make come from people here. They profit from us. AtariAge would be much better without them.

"Can we please lock this now before it degrades to the typical "your a bad seller because you dont act how I want" threads? It's already got one such stupid responce which will only encourage more." If this keeps coming up over and over again, its clearly an issue with a lot of people. Its only "stupid" if you want to bury your head in the sand about it, which you seem to want to do.

That's fine with me. I'm just glad there's one less Atari sniper/reseller on eBay.

Absolutely 100% spot on post. In fact, I'm borrowing (some of) it for my signature.

Less sarcasm would be nice.

By the way, where does this say that the Auction board is just for collectors?

"Use this forum to discuss auctions on eBay and other auction sites. Have something up for auction you'd like to share? Post it here! You can also highlight amusing, off-the-wall, or interesting auctions that others may want to hear about!"

"Use this forum to discuss auctions on eBay and other auction sites. Have something up for auction you'd like to share? Post it here! You can also highlight amusing, off-the-wall, or interesting auctions that others may want to hear about!"

What sarcasm? I fixed the signature to include Pantloads name, since my guess is you think adding his name will somehow taint the truth of what he said...

And I took your advice and got over myself. No more acting....however it is I am acting. What, self righteous? I'm just all kinds of done with that.

Pinky swear.

( :? can you pinky swear to yourself? :? )

What sarcasm? I fixed the signature to include Pantloads name, since my guess is you think adding his name will somehow taint the truth of what he said...

And I took your advice and got over myself. No more acting....however it is I am acting. What, self righteous? I'm just all kinds of done with that.

Pinky swear.

( :? can you pinky swear to yourself? :? )

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Thanks for some good deals on some great carts, sounds like the eBay store is more trouble than it is worth. Hope to do business with you again in the future...

Cheers,

Ben

It was a pleasure! I appreciated the couple deals we had and i thank you very much for the kind post. You are a great person to deal with! :)

Shawn

Keeping an eBay store open is not something I see as profitable for any honest Atari reseller. I know it would be a glorious disaster for what I do, with the exception of reducing the idiotic messages I receive for BiNs and side deals. Blech.

Personally, I never wanted to be a reseller, but now have created a monster I cannot detach myself from. I was a collector with no space who sold his collection, missed the collection, and rebuilt collection. Lather, rinse & repeat for a couple years. When I began working on the cartidge bastardization project (no updates besides the recent acquisition of a milling machine) I realized I couldn't outright afford to buy all the games I needed. My reseller business was born.

You guys - with the exception of the random rare game & other random bits - are not my target market whatsoever. If anything, I'm thinking of offering the li'l collector sets, boxed games and games w/ manuals on here instead of feeBay. I just don't know what to ask for collectable items...

The only people who should be pissed at snipers are the sellers - if you get sniped & don't win an auction, then you simply didn't want it bad enough. Period. Unless you are a whiny cheap bastard, there is no excuse to hate on snipers or not bid the max you are willing to pay.

For those who wish every reseller away to purgatory, I find your "purity" schtick entertaining. Simply because we find items at ridiculously low costs doesn't mean we're evil. Sometimes we're just nearby.

PS. Good showing lemoncurry.

For the record, I can personally attest to the fact that zeitshabba is consistently one of the best sellers I've ever had the pleasure of doing business with.

Seriously, there's not a single thing I can think of that he could do to improve his seller rating:

- Auctions are clear, honest, and contain many detailed and *focused* pictures

- Communicates in a timely manner

- Ships the products quickly - usually within 24 hours

- Extremely reasonable shipping charge - often below his cost or even FREE!

- Never has to make excuses for *not* doing any of the above

Other sellers would certainly do well to take his actions as a perfect example of what to strive for.

No, he's not sending me CIB Boink in return for this endorsement lol. I just don't want him to possibly be lumped in with others that have less-than-stellar selling skills. :)