IGNORED

What the Hell is wrong with Red Steel's Graphics?

ManShowBoy

Agree 100%. The game certainly gets better as it goes on (especially as you learn more sword fighting techniques to make those staged fights more interesting), but I think it starts off pretty good too (the gun fight in the car wash is pretty early on).
Red Steel definitely does get better as it goes along. Even graphically (the burning dojo and bamboo forest are really nice looking levels). But man, the car wash stage? That was one of the cheesiest stages in video game history. Really the low part of the entire game, imho. ;-)

Like I said, odd tastes I guess. In any case, the important point is that I didn't imagine the stuff about the game getting better.

What's to get? You like terrible games. :P

I've been accused of that before. :) I don't think it's true, but I seem to have odd tastes.

I'm the same way.

While everyone else is going ga-ga because Metroid will be coming soon (again) ...I'm more interested in games like Escape from Bug Island.

Agree 100%. The game certainly gets better as it goes on (especially as you learn more sword fighting techniques to make those staged fights more interesting), but I think it starts off pretty good too (the gun fight in the car wash is pretty early on).
Red Steel definitely does get better as it goes along. Even graphically (the burning dojo and bamboo forest are really nice looking levels). But man, the car wash stage? That was one of the cheesiest stages in video game history. Really the low part of the entire game, imho. ;-)

Ah, the car wash stage wasn't too bad. It was somthing different and a change, it's nice to have a little varity in FPS's. It was somthing I would have never expected to happen next in that level. It was a surprise and I was like, "am I really going to have to go through that car wash to proceed?".

It's memorable, good or bad.

Edited by ManShowBoy

What did you think of the part where you hop in a roller coaster and shoot those things that fly toward you while your racing on the tracks? That was so awesome. I also like this level because there are a lot of manikin's standing around and it makes it hard to pick out the real bad guys because they are dressed up just like that manikin's! Yeah, it's diffently something I haven't seen in a FPS, thats why I love this game. Some of the bad guys even pos as manikin's and wait for you pass by so they can shoot you in the back :D

Shortly after Red Steel came out, I kept reading posts about Killer Rabbits and Clowns. I thought... "What the hell? Killer Rabbits in what appears to be a serious FPS??" Then I finally got to the stage and understood.

Mendon

No doubt, They certainly are selling a lot of Wii's.

Too bad their #1 software sale (after 10 months) is still.. Sports.

Not sure why this is a negative, it's a pack-in, at least for the US. I think it's safe to say that 10 months into the 2600 lifespan the #1 selling software was Combat.

So you are saying that US pack in games are considered as individual sales and figured into the over-all sales for the week? Does anyone know if that is a fact? I don't.

Is Wii-sports packaged with each Wii? Because i honestly do not think you can count pack in games for software sales, and if they do, it really throws the reality of the software sales askew because you can't buy Wii Sports without getting the Wii..right?? Did Combat count for software sells when it was packaged for the 2600 or did SMB for the NES count as software sales though it was packaged with the NES?? I honestly believe pack ins should NOT count.

It's memorable, good or bad.
Hehe, it is memorable - I'll give you that! It reminded me of the "kidnapped the president" intro from Bad Dudes or something. I just thought it was kind of funny in a ridiculous way. Oddly, I didn't feel that way about the stage with guys dressed up in dinosaur suits. ;-)

Not sure why this is a negative, it's a pack-in, at least for the US. I think it's safe to say that 10 months into the 2600 lifespan the #1 selling software was Combat.

So you are saying that US pack in games are considered as individual sales and figured into the over-all sales for the week? Does anyone know if that is a fact? I don't.

Is Wii-sports packaged with each Wii? Because i honestly do not think you can count pack in games for software sales, and if they do, it really throws the reality of the software sales askew because you can't buy Wii Sports without getting the Wii..right?? Did Combat count for software sells when it was packaged for the 2600 or did SMB for the NES count as software sales though it was packaged with the NES?? I honestly believe pack ins should NOT count.

according to joystiq.com it counts for some reason.. its why its always on the top of the wii charts.

anywho, i liked this game.. and I too was very much insulted when reviews said it was no better than ps2 graphics. there were many things like the wood floors , and even the bubbles in the car wash that were pretty impressive.. and that needed more horsepower than a 7 year old chip. However, I must say that "adjusting" to the controls isnt ok anymore now that ive played Prime 3. I thought it was ok back then to spend a lot of time figuring the controls on red steel out and "fighting" the system to get your hand where you want it... but now with Prime i dont think i can go back to red steel. Im hoping that Ubisoft adopts the prime control so that Red Steel 2 is playable. its a great game, with good voices, graphics, and levels.. a lot better than how bad it was scrored, but yea.. the control is unforgivable now where as back at launch it was something i could deal with.

if you like red steel so much (whoever started the thread) go buy metroid. If your going this ga ga over a launch title, youll crap your pants with prime 3

according to joystiq.com it counts for some reason.. its why its always on the top of the wii charts.

anywho, i liked this game.. and I too was very much insulted when reviews said it was no better than ps2 graphics. there were many things like the wood floors , and even the bubbles in the car wash that were pretty impressive.. and that needed more horsepower than a 7 year old chip. However, I must say that "adjusting" to the controls isnt ok anymore now that ive played Prime 3. I thought it was ok back then to spend a lot of time figuring the controls on red steel out and "fighting" the system to get your hand where you want it... but now with Prime i dont think i can go back to red steel. Im hoping that Ubisoft adopts the prime control so that Red Steel 2 is playable. its a great game, with good voices, graphics, and levels.. a lot better than how bad it was scrored, but yea.. the control is unforgivable now where as back at launch it was something i could deal with.

if you like red steel so much (whoever started the thread) go buy metroid. If your going this ga ga over a launch title, youll crap your pants with prime 3

I played Prime today. Yes, it is fun but I still like RedSteel better. I can't turn my gun to the side like a gansta in Metriod :P Plus the control setting prevents me from using my gun attactment :( and an Alien world doesn't look as good as the Asian setting in RedSteel.

Edited by ManShowBoy

I played Prime today. Yes, it is fun but I still like RedSteel better. I can't turn my gun to the side like a gansta in Metriod :P Plus the control setting prevents me from using my gun attactment :( and an Alien world doesn't look as good as the Asian setting in RedSteel.

wow.. i think about every gamer here would say metroid's environments are much more exciting than those in red steels.. but.. to each his own. as far as gangsta style gun holding.. i never relaly used that in red steel as you cant really aim well doing it that way. That, and having that option in metroid would be kinda retarded as her gun is round lol.... you woudlnt be able to tell shes doing it.

and is the gun attachment that important to not play one of the best shooters of all time, or simply the best one on the wii? youre living in the stone age of wii shooters... please upgrade.

Edited by AtariJr