IGNORED

My wife loves me She got me a Wii

HatNJ

I did have my SSID broadcasting off but then I read and found out for myself that your router's signal is boosted even further if you have it on. Hence, I have it on, but with Mac address lockout plus 128bit WEP. Not gonna stop em all for sure...but enough to hinder a bit at least.

I don't even bother with WEP. Encription slows down the connection. I just turn off SSID broadcasting and turn on MAC address filtering. So a user has to know the ID of my router and be able to fake a MAC address they don't know off the bat. Sure there are ways one could get through this, but with the three or so other networks around me which are completely open, I just don't see mine grabbing that much attention.

The Wii is the only wi fi device I have which can do WPA anyway.... my PowerBook is too old to accept any card capable of something beyond 802.11b and WEP and the DS also can't do WPA of cource.

I did have my SSID broadcasting off but then I read and found out for myself that your router's signal is boosted even further if you have it on.

I wouldn't mind knowing just how they say that would work that way. I'd think signal strenght would rely entierly on the size, power, and directional focus of the antennas.