IGNORED

Metroid Prime 3 Official Thread

Room 34

one says its at a fuel gel pumping station on bryyo

Is that the one you pick up right before you fight Ridley? I remember getting one on Bryyo, but I don't know what the room was called.

Tempest

Matt, you fight Meta Ridley on Norion...not Bryyo...However, true to the series...that isn't the only Ridley battle you'll encounter...hehe...

I think he meant Omega Ridley.

The secret to phaaze is that you need to fight all the baddies you can. the powerups they drop off will keep your phazon levels down. Also the phazon puffers are your best friends on that level. Basically keep your distance from them, and they will suck away your phazon. You can literally get it down to just about Nill before you finally have to blast them. They can only take so much phazon from you and then use that to come after you and attack you, which will negate the purpose of them taking it in the first place.

Phaaze is tough since you don't get to save anymore until you get to the boss fights...yes...fights was meant to be plural there...hehe. At that point if you die then the game just uses the boss fights as checkpoints. But if you quit the game, then you will have to fight them again.

Right now I'm stuck on trying to take out the damn turrets again on Bryyo. Now that I'm playing on Hypermode difficulty that section is stupid hard. Basically I've got about 5 energy tanks at this point which is about the max you can get at this point in the game, and I loose nearly two of those just trying to get to the first turret. Then...once I'm there, all the pirates are shielded and armored bastards that pretty much stay in hypermode the entire time. As a result they are difficult to take out quickly and take down your health very fast. I have only been able to make it far enough at that point to take out one of the fuel gel cells in the first turret before they take me out. Ugh...soooo frustrating....

Omega Ridley is later in the game..and you fight him on the Pirate Homeworld's Levianthan seed if I'm not mistaken? I also know about those codes your talking about...but I have heard many others in other forums talk about being able to skip the Valhalla. Basically if you don't go there, the part where you would use the codes just happens anyway, making it an extra walk to get those energy cells and crap that you didn't really have to do. Afterall, the game doesn't specifically state that you used the pirate code to access the Levianthan...you just walk up to it and use like all the other terminals.

As i said...once I get to that point again, I will save before I would normally go to the Valhalla since I do it last anyway, and then see if I can access the Levianthan seed orbiting the Pirate Homeworld.

Also, I've never played Metroid II on the gameboy, but don't the pirates play a signifcant role in that one as being primary bad guys also? If so...how is this possible? given that MP3 we basically take over the Pirate Homeworld and can therefore assume that they aren't much of a threat afterwards? unless I'm wrong on this...but it would appear that Retro Studios may have slightly altered the Metroid timeline here with the way things take place on Prime 3 yes?

And another thing I simply do NOT understand about the power ups. Why in the hell do we get ship missle upgrades?! Once you take out the gate, and turrets, there isn't any need for the gunship to bomb anything else? And even still, you are able to bomb these items without a missle upgrade since you basically do these bombing runs prior to picking up your first ship missle upgrade. So again...what is the point of looking and getting ship missle upgrades that have NO use what so ever?! I would much rather have more Energy Tanks or missles. Though the max of 250 missles is still hard to use up even during frantic boss fights.

I mean..really, there appear to be about 10 of those ship missle upgrades and yet, I don't see a point in them? Am I wrong here?

You can use your ship to bomb anything you want as long as you haven't used the bombs already. I was just fuckin' around with the command visor and it said hold z to bomb. So if there is an open area....and tons of bad guys.....just use that to clear them out. It uses all the bombs though and refills only after you go back onto the ship.

But, yea, it's kinda useless to me, too. I was just trying to think of a way it was useful.

Could ya'll explain to me the ship controls.....those seem useless to me.

Of course, theres the one that goes to the map....theres the button that lets you see your Phazon level.....and the button that lets you see your stats.

What's the point of the communicator button.....is their anyone I can call or dial up? What the hell is the thruster for? Same with the armor shielding button.....and the button that makes your ship go to "red alert" mode???

The ship controls are the only real "tacked" on part of the remote use that I can agree with Tempest on. You only use the thruster lever ONCE ever and that is at the beginning. The Bioscanner is only usable if you want to see how corrupted you are which again, is pointless. The Red alert mode I can't even begin to figure out the use of that either. My suspicion is that perhaps there might have been a in ship fight level or two that was in the game originally? But I suspect they were just added to have something to do in the ship besides just pressing the navigation chart.

• 2 weeks later...

It's actually 255 personal missiles you can get... yeah I thought it would be 250 to begin with.

But if there is indeed 3 powerups on the Valhalla..then that is where my last one I was missing is hiding. Because I only picked up a Ship Missle upgrade and I believe an Energy tank from there...I know I've only seen two on the Valhalla...so...wherever #3 is I would like to know.

You don't need all 9 energy cells to get the pirate codes but you do need all to get 100%. The missile upgrade you're missing on the Valhalla is... from memory, when you go into the room with the crashed ship near the start and all the electricity is arcing about and you get the little metroids flying about (and 3 proper ones to kill), you have to go up a series of broken platforms to get to the top. On the ground though to the right is a door, at the end of that small section is a spot to insert two fuel cells. Doing so reveals a hatch with the upgrade in it.

I just finished the game today in 14:30 hours (more like 12:30, at least 2 hours was spent just letting the game sit there while I did other things). The game was fun, but it seemed REALLY short for some reason. I had a little trouble on the final boss as I couldn't get my ass around to his backside in time to shoot him when I stunned him. Then again, I always had that trouble in the other two games, but the new controls seemed to make the problem worse.

The ending also seemed really short, even with the 100% "extra secret" ending. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Tempest

Got the last fuel cell, now I'm back to the Valhalla. I only needed to go back and get a few. Norion and Sky Town were easy - got both of those right away. The last fuel cell on Bryyo took me about two hours of wandering around to find. It didn't bother me, though, as I found a couple extra energy tanks and missile upgrades, and when I finally found it it was a pretty rewarding moment. Hopefully I'll be at the end soon. Really loving the game.

Well...I've put MP3 to the side for a bit for now. I managed to get my way to the boss at the end of Bryyo. But I really don't see how it is possible to defeat him. I only have like 4 energy tanks, and now he does something new in Hypermode he didn't do in the other difficulty levels. First off, the red orbs you shoot out and then overload the sockets while in Hypermode. Well...this would be fine, except that now the red orbs will regenerate while in him. So you have to keep shooting them out and they take much longer to take out. In addition it make my old tactic of taking out two orbs and then overloading them not work...because you can't really keep two orbs at bay long enough to blast them both out. If you focus on getting one blown out then the other will have regenerated back too much.

The other problem is that the orbs the golem pulls from the arena take about 2x the hits to take them out as he pulls them. In other words, you can only take them out while in hypermode. But with only 4 energy tanks at this point...you only get about 3 good hypermode uses in the whole fight. The powerups that show up randomly during the battle are much fewer and far between than before usually only giving you purple or low powerups...ugh.

And then my new favorite change...you know that if you take out one of the energy orb sockets that the golem will then have phazon plating added to his feet that you must take out while in Morphball mode. Not a problem...except that he now runs back and forth much more quickly with less time to plant the bombs..and something new...he also jumps and creates those phazon waves along the ground while wearing the phazon plating on his feet! This requires having to plant bombs and then quickly jump back into normal mode to jump the energy wave..then back to morph ball to plant more bombs. Or...learn to double jump while in morph ball mode easily and quickly...yeah...right...

I can't get more than one socket taken out before he replenishes...so I've given up on this one for now. If any of you are playing hypermode as I am and figure out a good way to take that damn thing out...let me know.

Finished last night. I totally loved Phaaze. Those little surprises along the way were fantastic. I really enjoyed the last boss, too - I beat him with only a sliver of health left. Great game overall, very satisfying. I didn't save anything at the end because I might go back to try to get 100%.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

From what I understand, the only way to get Green tokens is to send friends "vouchers."

I would like to unlock some stuff, but I need green tokens to do it.

Please let me know if you wanna be buddies. I needs thems green tokens.

Here's my Wii code

8580 0464 1649 8613

• 11 months later...

Anyone finish or play the game?

I wish this series was still in 2D but the 3D Gamecube games were pretty fun but confusing sometimes. (I got lost a million times)

Plus.....I hate Save Points.

So I never finished either of the first two.

Worth it? I hear its worth it for the controls alone. But then some people say the controls are awful.

I would think the controls would be better on the Wii. I liked Resident Evil IV on the Wii the best.

I'm currently playing it, but I'm only 10% into it yet, so I can't comment much. I neither can compare to the others, since it's the first Prime I'm playing.

It's been fun so far though, albeit at times it requires much "searching" to figure out where/how it continues and what to do next. (Maybe it's easier for those familiar with the series.) I've also seen several spots that aren't "open" yet, and I'm usually no fan of backtracking.