IGNORED

FINALLY! Three new games (a couple of 'em RARE)

HP Atari King of Michigan

Bought them today. They are SpaceMaster X-7 (Fox), Keystone Kapers (Activision)(This one has extreme label damage-when I find one with the label intact, I'm pickin' that bitch up!), and Gangster Alley (SpectraVision). I am happy with these latest conquests! :D

Edited by HP Atari King of Michigan

After reading your post I had to go check out Gangster Alley and Space Master X-7 (via emulation). I thought both were pretty fun although a bit difficult, especially Gangster Alley when the "lights go out" in the windows. I really liked the happy faced bomb wielding escaped con that tracked back and forth on the roof and they we he says "Ha ha ha" after you lose. Space Master X-7 was pretty cool too, I like games where the player is charged with destroying a base (albeit repeatedly in Space Master X-7). Anyway thanks for the post which led to some gaming ideas for me :D

autumn_drag0n

Gangster alley reminds me of Hogan's Alley minus the light gun, like Jess said. Pretty good game IMHO. I like Spacemaster rather a lot. Excellent twitch game.

In fact, I think that Spectravision doesn't get enough respect. They made a LOT of good, solid games. Not as flashy as Activision or Imagic perhaps, but a good company nonetheless. I really like Tapeworm, Cross force, Bumper Bash, China Syndrome and the two you picked up. Good games all!

Gangster Alley totally needs light gun support. Too bad Spectravision didn't wait a few years to release it!

I thought that too. In later rounds it is pretty tricky switching the sites onto multiple enemies. ;)

Would this be hard to make into a hack? I really have no idea, but I agree it would be very good with a light gun and I would buy one if it was possible??

I also agree that Spectravision games are in fact pretty good. I only own one, Planet Patrol, but it's great! Very fast paced, good difficulty curve, challenging on the later stages (the night stages can be murder). Yes, they should get more respect. Their cartridges looked cool, too.

You must have not gotten very far into the game, then. After a few levels, it gets INSANE, with tons of crap from every direction trying to knock your li'l cop down. It starts off really, REALLY easy, but once you start progressing, the game really comes into it's own.

I have Keystone Kapers. To be honest, I never understood its appeal. Just isn't much there, even for a 2600 game.

Really? I always thought that game kind of summed up all that was good about the VCS. 2600lives is right. It's gets damned crazy later on.

Gangster Alley totally needs light gun support. Too bad Spectravision didn't wait a few years to release it!

It needs a trakball hack!

:-o

That's a GREAT idea. Duh! How come I never thought of that?

I have Keystone Kapers. To be honest, I never understood its appeal. Just isn't much there, even for a 2600 game.

Really? I always thought that game kind of summed up all that was good about the VCS. 2600lives is right. It's gets damned crazy later on.

[

You mean it gets tedious later on. I have played it many times and yes it is fun at first but doing the same levels over and over with added dangers is not my idea of long term entertainment. Added to that it p***** me off that you cant go back down the stairs while our striped friend can go back and forth all he likes ;)

• 2 months later...

Well I finally re-fired up the ol' 4-switch woodgrain the other day and played the games finally. Sadly Keystone doesn't want to work. Gangster Alley I found out I already had (albeit in hacked form under Froggo's Task Force), but Spacemaster was a total blast. I'm gonna try to clean Keystone so I can get it working. :|

Hey, Atari King. PM me your mailing address. Everyone should have a working copy of Keystone Kapers and I have about 4...

Well I finally re-fired up the ol' 4-switch woodgrain the other day and played the games finally. Sadly Keystone doesn't want to work. Gangster Alley I found out I already had (albeit in hacked form under Froggo's Task Force), but Spacemaster was a total blast. I'm gonna try to clean Keystone so I can get it working. :|

I also agree that Spectravision games are in fact pretty good. I only own one, Planet Patrol, but it's great! Very fast paced, good difficulty curve, challenging on the later stages (the night stages can be murder). Yes, they should get more respect. Their cartridges looked cool, too.

Gas Hog Sucks! I don't have any patience for this Spectravision gem. :D

Hey, Atari King. PM me your mailing address. Everyone should have a working copy of Keystone Kapers and I have about 4...

I PM you a few days ago. Did you get it?