IGNORED

Priciest Lynx games?

Damon Plus

Looking at a Atari price list from back in the days. The most expensive games back then was Batman Returns and Ninja Gaiden III, both at $49.99. All other games back then was priced $29.99 up to $39.99. I guess the production cost for a 512kB game (like Ninja Gaiden III) was higher.

Priciest games nowdays I guess would be games like Checkered Flag, Xenophobe, Battlezone 2000 along with the Telegames and Songbird titles? Just look around the net. There are not many places still selling new Lynx games.

As a general rule (and to point out the obvious) , games you don't see on a regular basis on eBay are the ones to cost the most. Not including the newish releases, the pricey games are Raiden, Lemmings, Krazy Ace Mini Golf and Desert Strike. Basically, the Telegames releases are rare enough to still warrant expense. Warbirds used to be, but a flood of copies hit eBay so it's down in cost. Actually, Lemmings is cheaper than it used to be, for the same reason as well as piracy from Super-Tronix.

Some of the more surprising games that don't show up much include Basketbrawl (I had to spend $15 to get my MIB copy), World Class Soccer (same) and Battlezone 2000.

Cheers,

Smeg

When I was assembling my Lynx collection about 4 years ago I remember paying the most for Checkered Flag, Battlezone 2000, Lemmings, and Chess. The Telegames games were still available from Telegames at that point so those weren't a problem. I imagine that they're fairly pricey now.

Tempest

Isn't your avatar from one of the cards of Magic: the Gathering? Also, is Xenophobe pricey too?

No it's a self portrait...

Yes it's from a card called Ragman. It's a sucky card from the Dark series, but it has neat artwork.

Yes I think Xenophobe is pricey, but I had that one from the start. When I bought my Lynx I got Todd's Adventures in Slime World, Xenophobe, and Warbirds.

Tempest

I bought my copy of Lemmings back in the day, for *only* $30.00. I believe this was around 1993 or so...? At the time, it seemed a helluva lot of money for a 12-year-old to be paying for a video game, but nowadays that doesn't seem that bad...especially considering the cost of the Lynx version these days.

Not really a game, but i would say the most expensive commercially released lynx cart is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=110165494837 (5 days left and already at $274).

(please note that the original author sells (or at least used to) the cart-only version of this for a small fee, so don't overpay for a loose cart on eBay)

Outside of the protos and such, the only game that is really expensive is Lemmings. What are other games that cost more than the average, common cart?

The CinciClassic release of CyberVirus was limited to 25 carts, and featured some custom levels/graphics not found in the general release. I've seen it fetch $80+ on eBay, even though I didn't immediately sell out the original run at $50 each. (They are long gone now, except for #1 of 25 of course ;) .)

Let's see......Hmmmm....Did you say expensive Lynx games?That was the question of the hour here,wasn't it?Well, looking back in the good ole lynx timeline to the year 2004 it had to be a really obscure game known as EotB.Yes,EotB.What makes this release worth mentioning?It was a commercial release,I guess.It saw limited distribution too,I suppose.The real and total kicker?It came on the lynx marketplace with an MSRP of $200.00 Ea.!!How's that strike you for a "pricey" lynx game?Deep pockets anyone?True!!!

• 1 year later...

I'm getting close to a complete set, and the priciest games I paid for were Lemmings, Battlezone, Xenophobe and Gauntlet. I was lucky enough to start with two of the Telegames releases, but I still need three of them.

Nowadays, I think the Telegames releases are the most expensive, followed closely by lemmings.

Of course, compared to collecting rare 2600 games, collecting the Lynx is like shopping at the dollar store :D