IGNORED

2600 finds this weekend already...

krisjohn

Hi All,

I'd just like to brag that I found a boxed HES Smash Hit Pak with a bonus 2 Pak Special (Planet Patrol & Wall Defender) for A$5 and a HES Grand Prix box with a (beat up) Pole Position cart in it for A$3. The GP box and slick will be scanned for the archives this weekend. The Smash Hit Pak (sans 2 Pak) is my second one.

Have a good weekend.

I had a bit of good luck today. I found these games

Donkey Kong Junior, Red Label

Buck Rogers

Entombed

Pressure Cooker

Mountain King

Robot Tank, Blue Label

I also found something that I never knew existed. It is an adapter that allows all of your joysticks to have rapid fire. Interesting addition to the collection anyway.

This guy also had Tapper by Sega for 10 bucks. I have one already so I didn't pick it up, but I am second guessing myself should have probably picked that up for some good trade bait. hmmmm, will it still be there tomorrow???? :?:

Angelo

:D :)

No find, but good buys on ebay.

Off Your Rocker with Manual (Amiga Prototype) (53,- Euro),

Glib (Selchow & Richter/QDI 9) (67,- Euro),

Bumper Bash (Spectravision 9) (71,- Euro).

Sorry Marco and Jah Fish. Maybe next time. :wink:

And not so Rare games:

Fighter Pilot (Activision PAL) (5,- Euro)

Laser Gates (Imagic PAL) (5,- Euro)

And Lynx Game:

SokoMania complete (MW Software 7) (18,- Euro)

I FINALLY had a 2600 related find at a yard sale Saturday:

A box of games, $3, here's what I got:

Pole Position

Realsports Baseball

Lock N' Chase

Seaquest

Carnival

Ice Hockey

Basketball (Sears picture label)

Kaboom

Night Driver

Grand Prix

I think that's all of them, might be one or two more. I had most of the carts there, but was excited about Pole Position. The lady said she had the system,but wanted to keep it, along with a few games (she listed Donkey Kong as one of the ones she enjoyed playing, I was like "WHAT?!").

I found two common 2600 carts in a pawnbroker, but they had a large price sticker right across the label and it was one of those laser printer sheet label things that doesn't come off without taking something with it.

Other games related stuff includes three loose NTSC SNES carts for A$7 each, Mega Drive Jewel Master (boxed) for A$5 -- which I walked through yesterday with the help of my new Action Replay -- and Smash TV for the NES also for A$5, which I can't play until I find a mains double adapter around the house somewhere.

If only the Mega Drive, 32X and Mega CD power supplies weren't so damn large I'd have a couple of spare double adapters.

@ Matthias. Did you need the Fighter Pilot or are you willing to trade it? Please let me know, I have been looking for that ame but I never see it for sale. On the finds, nothing this week butt I didn't have time to look. :-) I'm trying to finish my second MAME arcade cabinet by the end of the month. I did find an origional odyssey last week. It was boxed and best of all it was free.

kudos,

MattG.

A bit off topic, but...

I think Glib should be a 7 at the most, as there's one copy of this game on ebay almost every week. PAL Bumper Bash should also be no more than a 7, and even the NTSC version is not as rare as we initially thought, with more and more Canadian finds of this game.

Cheers,

Marco

@ Matthias. Did you need the Fighter Pilot or are you willing to trade it?  Please let me know, I have been looking for that ame but I never see it for sale.  

kudos,

MattG.

No, sorry. I need it myself.

And see here, its the same as Absolute's Tomcat F-14. But only release as Fighter Pilot from Activision in PAL.

Fighter Pilot

A bit off topic, but...

I think Glib should be a 7 at the most, as there's one copy of this game on ebay almost every week. PAL Bumper Bash should also be no more than a 7, and even the NTSC version is not as rare as we initially thought, with more and more Canadian finds of this game.

Cheers,

Marco

I have never see a PAL Bumper Bash. So if this is PAL, it must be Rarer then the NTSC version. But I think this is NTSC. :D

You say it only, because I overbid you on Off Your Rocker. :P

Sorry for that. But you were overbid by someone esle when I have not do it too.

I have never see a PAL Bumper Bash. So if this is PAL, it must be Rarer then the NTSC version. But I think this is NTSC.

I don't think I can follow your reasoning. Trust me, as with all Spectravision/-video games, the PAL version is much easier to find. Also, I'm pretty sure that the seller had a PAL Bumper Bash in his collection.

You say it only, because I overbid you on Off Your Rocker. Sorry for that. But you were overbid by someone esle when I have not do it too.

Heh, I couldn't care less. Just think of this: why would a game of '9' rarity only fetch $70? Maybe it's because it was a German auction, maybe it's because eBay is just slow this season, but I bet it's because they aren't really '9' rarities.

Cheers,

Marco

From an Australian perspective, I agree to say that bumper bash is not so rare, definately a 7 , I have a number of copies found in the wild.

Mangia on the other hand is actually quite rare. I have only ever seen

Two complete copies ever for sale in my whole time of collecting from Australia.I would say Pal Mangia complete would definately be worth a lot.

even mangia as cart only have been more and more hard to locate here.

Gotta remember a large proportion of people here in oz are already familiar with ebay so once the stuffs gone here, its gone, no hidden warehouses 8-).

I have never see a PAL Bumper Bash. So if this is PAL, it must be Rarer then the NTSC version. But I think this is NTSC.

I don't think I can follow your reasoning. Trust me, as with all Spectravision/-video games, the PAL version is much easier to find. Also, I'm pretty sure that the seller had a PAL Bumper Bash in his collection.

Can be, that it there are a PAL version in Australia. But there are no Bumper Bash in germany. So its hard to get for me too, to get it in PAL or NTSC.

And Chase the Chuckwagon is only release in NTSC. There I know no PAL version.

And when the seller has so many NTSC games, why should Bumper Bash a PAL version. If he live in germany is the same for him to buy it in Austalia or USA. And when he has buy his other games in USA, why would he buy this one not there.

Bumper Bash is not release in germany. I am 100% sure. I have never see it on ebay.de. And I watch it since years.

Man,you guys find ll the good stuff.I find almost no 2600 stuff.In the past 6 months all I've found is a bunch of copies of pac-man,with bad lables.Damn. :D  :x  :sad:

:sad: Sorry for you.

But to make you a bit hope. I have find since years nothing in the wild. Only on ebay. The best wild find was a Miner 2049er Volume II complete for a year (don't know anymore when I found it, but it was for a long time). But most I find too only these common games too or nothing.

But ebay is a good place to find to Rare games. But you must only pay a bit more for them.

This doesnt go under the list of 2600 finds but i think its news worthy. i found in a garbage can next door to me a beat up 1968 Topps Mickey Mantle card. being the nice person i was and knowing the rule if its in the trash its fair game. snagged teh card since our garbage goes next to theirs on teh curb. and i brought in . its rather beat to hell but i couldnt see it being tossed in the trash. its condition is the type that noone would want in their right mind anyway and wouldnt be worth sellin but in the trash what would you do.SCANS on the way

Can be, that it there are a PAL version in Australia. But there are no Bumper Bash in germany. So its hard to get for me too, to get it in PAL or NTSC. And when the seller has so many NTSC games, why should Bumper Bash a PAL version. If he live in germany is the same for him to buy it in Austalia or USA. And when he has buy his other games in USA, why would he buy this one not there.Bumper Bash is not release in germany. I am 100% sure. I have never see it on ebay.de. And I watch it since years.

I'm pretty sure that Bumper Bash was released in Germany. I've bought two lots of games from German sellers that contained Bumper Bash in the past couple of years. So it's defenitely out there, together with Mangia'.

Australian carts are PAL too, btw. The only place where you're likely to find an NTSC Bumper Bash is Canada, it's hardly ever found in the US.

Cheers,

Marco