IGNORED

Game in cartridge is not game on label/case...!?!

*Sniper*

My son bought a game last week -- it's supposed to be Sonic for Sega. The label reads Sonic. The orginal case reads Sonic. However, it plays Street Fighter II.....!?! What's up with that? It's pretty funny -- but he'd really like the Sonic game...LOL

Any insight as to how this may have occurred?

Thanks!

....or possibly some little shmuck wasn't supposed to have Street Fighter so he unscrewed the cartridge and replaced the top (labeled portion) of the cartridge with this Sonic one, and placed it in the Sonic case to make it appear as though it was the Sonic game?!?!

That's the scenario I'm betting on....LOL

::::::running off to check ALL son's Atari, NES, Sega, N64, & Gamecube games...this may take awhile...ha!:::::::::::::::

Thanks for the reply~

Yeah, I highly doubt the game arrived from Sega with Street Fighter in the cartridge. So your theory about someone swapping it out so his parents didn't know about it is probably correct. I don't know how easy it is to take apart Genesis carts without damaging the label, but apparently it must not be too difficult! :)

..Al

A friend of mine bought a loose Strider (for Genesis) and got it home only to find out that when he fired it up, it ws in fact Gunstar Heroes. Also, somebody pulled a similar switcheroo at a local Fucostop: they got in a Pokemon game, and it was actually Tetris, when they checked it out (but they only noticed after they had already bought it back).

-deadtech