IGNORED

Hardest 2600 game to find....your opinion.

ninermaniac

I'm having a hell of a time getting all the Zellers boxed games, does that count?

(or will the Canadians just say that I live in the wrong part of north america!)

As a Canadian I have to reply :lol:

Yeah, they are tough. I do remember though, back in the 90's there was a local flea market that had a whole bunch of Time Warp's and Ocean City Defenders. At the time hardly anyone collected Atari stuff, and the Flea mkt that they were at near Niagara Falls closed up. A few years later the same games showed up at another flea mkt, looking really shabby with lots of wear on the boxes and dog eared corners. I remember picking up about 3 each of the least worn boxed games and trading them on the old RGVAC usenet group.....I think I got a Vectrex Multicart by using these games as part of a larger trade :)

Oh yeah, I've had good luck getting the rare SpectraVideo carts like Bumper Bash but neither myself or any of my collector friends have scored a Mangia' (I did however score an NTSC Assault in the wild.......). So I'd consider Mangia' to be an uber-rare!

Edited by Technosis

I have no luck in finding a game that is called AIR RAID. I have seen before. Blue t-handle cart. From Menavision. You?

Out of topic,but i love your avatar,the PHANTASM from BLOOD!AWESOME!Anyway,i was lucky to find a boxed SILVER LABEL GRAVITAR a while back,even though i did find it,its still hard as heck to find one,that was a lucky fluke.Other than that,id say any of the GAME CLUB EXCLUSIVES are hardest to find,like SILVER LABEL GRAVITAR,or company exclusives,like PEPSI INVADERS,ETC,from MY experiences.

Edited by Rik

If it ain't been found, it don't exist.

I still think Birthday Mania may have been a one of a kind production promo or something. Come on, only one in existence? Something is not right.

Air Raid is immensely difficult to find. You'll NEVER run into one in the wild, and if you happen to, it's gonna cost you an arm and a leg.

I honestly think that Menavision's Air Raid is the hardest. I would love to get Tigervision's River Patrol. I am a strict no nonsense, no aftermarket, type of guy. Original 1970' & 80's. If you got it. Flaunt it.

Air Raid may just be an aftermarket game... could be (part of the) explanation why it's so rare...

Cheers,

Marco

I guess Eli's Ladder is not hard to find? Seriously, I am looking for those games that are not repro, aftermarket, homebrew, or basement made games. Games that are easily recognized by the Atari collector. Games that came out during the time when anyone could have got them. Gamed that people at that time didn't think they would be RARE!

I guess Eli's Ladder is not hard to find? Seriously, I am looking for those games that are not repro, aftermarket, homebrew, or basement made games. Games that are easily recognized by the Atari collector. Games that came out during the time when anyone could have got them. Gamed that people at that time didn't think they would be RARE!

So far I am keeping an updated list of five rarity 10 games.

This is how many carts that have popped up at the moment for each game. I hope this helps a little :)

Air Raid-8

Atlantis II-13

BMX Airmaster Atari(NTSC)-13

Video Life-19

Pepsi Invaders-19

Their are other games I know how many there are as well.

Birthday Mania-1 maybe two if the rumor about Jerry Greiner having one is true.

Red Sea Crossing-1

Mangia(NTSC)-3

Karate(NTSC)-4

I guess Eli's Ladder is not hard to find?

Eli's Ladder is an R10 and is very hard to find:

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html...wareLabelID=161

This discussion about rare games has occurred many times before...if you want to know what games are rare, look up the R10s and R9s in the database and you'll get a pretty good idea. A few of those (Ikari Warriors, Motorodeo, Obelix) have dropped in rarity, but the list is mostly accurate.

And please stop posting threads in the 2600 forum asking about rare games like Air Raid, River Patrol, etc. and where you can find them...lots of people are looking for these. If you have serious interest in purchasing them, post an ad in the Wanted section and sit back and wait, or go out and prepare to do some serious searching.

Edited by PingvinBlueJeans

http://www.atariage.com/software_list.html?SystemID=2600

This discussion about rare games has occurred many times before...if you want to know what games are rare, look up the R10s and R9s in the database and you'll get a pretty good idea. A few of those (Ikari Warriors, Motorodeo, Obelix) have dropped in rarity, but the list is mostly accurate.

And please stop posting threads in the 2600 forum asking about rare games like Air Raid, River Patrol, etc. and where you can find them...lots of people are looking for these. If you have serious interest in purchasing them, post an ad in the Wanted section and sit back and wait, or go out and prepare to do some serious searching.

and forking over big bucks.......

I know how to look up stuff on Atariage. ............and why not post these type of threads. They aren't harmful to anyone. INFORMATION IS THE KEY TO KNOWLEDGE. Why not stir things up in the forum. Kinda keeps peoples eyes open for what exciting news might come up. Please don't infringe on my right to freedom of speech. I wouldn't ask that of you. By the way this is a tool for SERIOUS SEARCHING.

I know how to look up stuff on Atariage. ............and why not post these type of threads. They aren't harmful to anyone. INFORMATION IS THE KEY TO KNOWLEDGE. Why not stir things up in the forum. Kinda keeps peoples eyes open for what exciting news might come up. Please don't infringe on my right to freedom of speech. I wouldn't ask that of you. By the way this is a tool for SERIOUS SEARCHING. Sorry I posted this twice on accident.

Edited by ninermaniac

............and why not post these type of threads. They aren't harmful to anyone. INFORMATION IS THE KEY TO KNOWLEDGE. Why not stir things up in the forum. Kinda keeps peoples eyes open for what exciting news might come up. Please don't infringe on my right to freedom of speech. I wouldn't ask that of you.

Nobody is trying to infringe on your free speech. He's just telling you that there is a specific forum for want ads.