IGNORED

Hardest 2600 game to find....your opinion.

ninermaniac

............and why not post these type of threads. They aren't harmful to anyone. INFORMATION IS THE KEY TO KNOWLEDGE. Why not stir things up in the forum. Kinda keeps peoples eyes open for what exciting news might come up. Please don't infringe on my right to freedom of speech. I wouldn't ask that of you.

Nobody is trying to infringe on your free speech. He's just telling you that there is a specific forum for want ads.

Indeed...I'm have no intentions of infringing on anything, and I'm not a moderator, so I couldn't if I wanted to. I'm giving you some friendly advice before it gets to the point that you start ticking off the moderators. Take it. ;)

In any event...I don't know who told you you had freedom of speech here, but you were misinformed. This is the internet and these forums are a private "club" run by a private individual, and that individual and his minions have sufficient autocratic administration power to censor and/or ban you if they feel like it. You are not "free" in these forums nor in any others. :twisted:

To answer your question about the rarest games...add the special edition monogrammed Spacechase (less than 10 made) to the list that homerwannabe gave and you basically have a list of the top ten rarest VCS games. As far as threads like this "stirring things up" or bringing "exciting news" to light, that's extremely doubtful given the fact that only a handful of collectors actually own any of these rare titles...and there really isn't much to say about them.

Air Raid-8

Atlantis II-13

BMX Airmaster Atari(NTSC)-13

Video Life-19

Pepsi Invaders-19

Their are other games I know how many there are as well.

Birthday Mania-1 maybe two if the rumor about Jerry Greiner having one is true.

Red Sea Crossing-1

Mangia(NTSC)-3

Karate(NTSC)-4

To answer your question about the rarest games...add the special edition monogrammed Spacechase (less than 10 made) to the list that homerwannabe gave and you basically have a list of the top ten rarest VCS games. As far as threads like this "stirring things up" or bringing "exciting news" to light, that's extremely doubtful given the fact that only a handful of collectors actually own any of these rare titles...and there really isn't much to say about them.

NTSC crap :-)

I got a buddy that said he thinks A-Team Atari Proto is impossible to locate. I have heard of it but never seen it.

The A-Team prototype is relatively common (as far as protos go) as Best Electronics sold them for years. A-Team is nothing...there are many prototypes that are one of a kind or have never been discovered period, making them literally impossible to locate. Of course, to mention the rarity of prototypes is to state the obvious.

Well, which one is in your opinion would be the hardest game to locate? I'm just curious as too what people think the one they think might be too hard to even search for. Myths, legends, farses, you know. Someone might pop up and brag

about or post a pic that they have it. I'm an advid searcher of truth. But I like legends too....................

Well, which one is in your opinion would be the hardest game to locate? I'm just curious as too what people think the one they think might be too hard to even search for. Myths, legends, farses, you know. Someone might pop up and brag

about or post a pic that they have it. I'm an advid searcher of truth. But I like legends too....................

This should keep you going for a few hours ....

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...amp;hl=meltdown

As far as official releases, the games that homerwannabe and I mentioned earlier would be the rarest.

If you want to talk about prototypes, that's a whole new catagory of rarity because, as I mentioned, many of them are one of a kind (for example, the alternate TCM proto that was discovered in L.A. or the Actionauts proto that Rob Fulop has). The "rarest" prototypes are the ones that are known to exist (or did exist), but haven't been found yet (Flesh Gordon, Kick-Man, etc.)...and finding one of those would definitely be something to brag about. You are asking a question that has no answer...there are many games that are the hardest to locate...because many have never been found.

This should keep you going for a few hours ....

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...amp;hl=meltdown

Thanks. That was very interesting. I too have a cart that I think is 2600. But it is PAL. It doesn't have the gaps on each ends of the PCB but it is labeled Test cart. What happened to that guy would suck. I am very fortunate to have a retro game shop close to where I live. He sells Atari stuff cheap. Best game I got from him for his normal $2.00 price was Waterworld. He doesn't care. He knows what he has in his stuff and just tries to make his money back on Atari. That might backfire on me though. Hope Not! I try to keep my mouth shut!

As far as official releases, the games that homerwannabe and I mentioned earlier would be the rarest.

If you want to talk about prototypes, that's a whole new catagory of rarity because, as I mentioned, many of them are one of a kind (for example, the alternate TCM proto that was discovered in L.A. or the Actionauts proto that Rob Fulop has). The "rarest" prototypes are the ones that are known to exist (or did exist), but haven't been found yet (Flesh Gordon, Kick-Man, etc.)...and finding one of those would definitely be something to brag about. You are asking a question that has no answer...there are many games that are the hardest to locate...because many have never been found.

I understand what you are saying. I hope I haven't caused a conundrum with you. You seem to be very intelligent. I was just wondering what everyone thought they might think would be in their opinion the hardest game to track down. Can be regular releases & proto's from Atari programmers. No harm my friend.

Given that Dino and Staberinde both have the same cart (although Staberinde appears to have changed the picture) as their avatar, I think it is quite clear what the rarest officially produced and released cart is. :)

How many PAL Pengos have surfaced so far? Do we need two hands to count them yet? And these are official Atari carts, not pirates or hacks or protos or anything like that.

That gets my vote as hardest to find cart!

I'm having a hell of a time getting all the Zellers boxed games, does that count?

(or will the Canadians just say that I live in the wrong part of north america!)

I got a Zellers CIB Circus in the lot I bought my Atari in. $40 shipped for boxed Jr, 10 loose games, 5 CIB games, 4 joysticks! But, I don't collect boxes, so it means nothing to me, especially since they butchered the damn game.

I'm having a hell of a time getting all the Zellers boxed games, does that count?

(or will the Canadians just say that I live in the wrong part of north america!)

I got a Zellers CIB Circus in the lot I bought my Atari in. $40 shipped for boxed Jr, 10 loose games, 5 CIB games, 4 joysticks! But, I don't collect boxes, so it means nothing to me, especially since they butchered the damn game.

Nice find. Just a bad circumstance. I'd be alittle ticked too if I had that big smile turn into a frown after I pulled it out the box.

Given that Dino and Staberinde both have the same cart (although Staberinde appears to have changed the picture) as their avatar, I think it is quite clear what the rarest officially produced and released cart is. :)

How many PAL Pengos have surfaced so far? Do we need two hands to count them yet? And these are official Atari carts, not pirates or hacks or protos or anything like that.

Well, I'm not so sure about this. There are at least four known copies of PAL Pengo. Given that this is basically only a label variation (although probably one of the rarest), this does not really make it THE hardest to find cart.

So, anyone has any for trade? Would give some Combat cart :)

Well, I'm not so sure about this. There are at least four known copies of PAL Pengo. Given that this is basically only a label variation (although probably one of the rarest), this does not really make it THE hardest to find cart.

Its actually not what i had in mind. I would consider the Mystique and Playaround PAL double enders to be the rarest. Some of which only 1 copy is known to exist. I'm sure over time some warehouse finds will rectify this but for the time being, they are the rarest of known official releases (you can't have less than 1 known official release).

I would also bet that there are not more known Mission Survive (Video Gems) carts currently in collectors hands than PAL Pengos. All of these are currently much rarer than Air Raid and worth only a fraction of the price, which is strange, given they are ALL PAL :D

Then there are Homevision titles.....

Edited by Dino

However many Combat carts Staberinde offers, I offer one extra :D

Its actually not what i had in mind. I would consider the Mystique and Playaround PAL double enders to be the rarest. Some of which only 1 copy is known to exist. I'm sure over time some warehouse finds will rectify this but for the time being, they are the rarest of known official releases (you can't have less than 1 known official release).

Doesn't Marco have a factory box or two of those?

Doesn't Marco have a factory box or two of those?

He has the Mystique single enders not the double enders. He does not have a single Mystique double ender cart. In fact, up until a few weeks ago, not even Romhunter knew they existed.

Edited by Dino