IGNORED

Hardest 2600 game to find....your opinion.

ninermaniac

PAL Pengo is not a label variation!! It's a completely different ROM for a different market, that's very different.

Not sure about Mission Survive but I can say I've got one.

Mind you I've got a PAL Pengo too. :)

I stand by what I said - PAL Pengo is the hardest to find regular production cart. IMHO!

What about sparrows game. Is it about impossible to find Music Machine. Air RAID I think is still the hardest. Why is it that some NTSC games end up in PAL areas. Like Music Machine? I know it is a CHRISTIAN BOOKSTORE ITEM. Has any one found this one complete with the records and booklets that come with it?

I meant TAPES and booklets that come with it.

No, you were right the first time...there was a Music Machine LP. But the record and game were not sold together. Yes, complete copies do exist, but that box is damn near impossible to find due to the fact that most copies of the game were destroyed.

I meant TAPES and booklets that come with it.

No, you were right the first time...there was a Music Machine LP. But the record and game were not sold together. Yes, complete copies do exist, but that box is damn near impossible to find due to the fact that most copies of the game were destroyed.

Nah, the Music Machine is dead easy to find compared to stuff like Pengo. Seriously.... how many have come up on eBay?

If you want MM all you need to do is throw money at someone, it's not that rare. But if you want a copy of PAL Pengo, first you have to find one of the five(ish) known copies. Then you have to persuade them to let it go. Vast quantities of cash and/or prevention of an accident happening to their grandmother are probably the best ways to go about it. But you'd better have a healthy wallet, as whoever sells isn't going to find it easy to get another one....

NTSC:

Glacier Patrol

Universal Chaos

Silver Label Asteroids

I have Universal Chaos on a constant search on Ebay for over a year and it has come up

exactly zero times.

Glacier Patrol has come up exactly twice.

Nah, the Music Machine is dead easy to find compared to stuff like Pengo. Seriously.... how many have come up on eBay?

If you want MM all you need to do is throw money at someone, it's not that rare.

Learn how to read...I said the box is impossible to find. If a CIB copy is not that rare, please find one so I can buy it.

But if you want a copy of PAL Pengo...

I don't, sorry.

Edited by PingvinBlueJeans

NTSC:

Glacier Patrol

Universal Chaos

Silver Label Asteroids

I have Universal Chaos on a constant search on Ebay for over a year and it has come up

exactly zero times.

I am definitely happy I have Glacier Patrol (Sealed) :D Funny thing is that if you were to tell someone in 2003(The year I got this game) that in the year 2007 Glacier Patrol would be worth more than Motorodeo, no one would believe you including myself.

Learn how to read...I said the box is impossible to find. If a CIB copy is not that rare, please find one so I can buy it.

Get out of bed the wrong side this morning, huh?

Honestly, it's not worth getting all insulting about surely?

And I still say Pengo is a lot harder to find than the Music Machine, boxed or otherwise, so there. :P

NTSC:

Glacier Patrol

Universal Chaos

Silver Label Asteroids

exactly zero times.

I am definitely happy I have Glacier Patrol (Sealed) :D Funny thing is that if you were to tell someone in 2003(The year I got this game) that in the year 2007 Glacier Patrol would be worth more than Motorodeo, no one would believe you including myself.

Wow, this is great news! I didn't know any Telegames were considered rare. I had picked up Quest and Glacier Patrol from Radio Shack back when they still sold them; my NTSC Universal Chaos came from eBay about 1 year ago for $15. I was the only bidder, so figured I was probably overpaying, but I guess not. I swapped it with my PAL one to make a CIB set of all three. (If anyone is looking for a PAL Universal Chaos, let me know!)

NTSC:

Glacier Patrol

Universal Chaos

Silver Label Asteroids

exactly zero times.

Wow, this is great news! I didn't know any Telegames were considered rare. I had picked up Quest and Glacier Patrol from Radio Shack back when they still sold them; my NTSC Universal Chaos came from eBay about 1 year ago for $15. I was the only bidder, so figured I was probably overpaying, but I guess not. I swapped it with my PAL one to make a CIB set of all three. (If anyone is looking for a PAL Universal Chaos, let me know!)

Don't get too excited. Noticed how I said Motorodeo. Fact of the matter is that quite a few rarity 5 games boxed actually go for more than Motorodeo goes for boxed.

In fact here is a rarity 2 game that actually went for more than Motorodeo recently.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPIDER-FIGHTER-Atari-2...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTORODEO-Atari-2600-N...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by homerwannabee

With Telegames titles, a lot of people were able to buy them right from Telegames up until a few years ago.

So they are definitely out there, and probably in greater numbers than many 'rare' games.

However, it looks like only collectors grabbed them and since nobody is sure of the 'going rate' on these, they are

not going to part with them. You know you will get $75 - $100 for Waterworld, so you sell it to make the $100 (if you need it).

I just got CIB Glacier Patrol (after a year of trying) for under $30 (IIRC) but, like I said, there have only been two on Ebay in the

last year. I won one of them.

As for Universal Chaos, I haven't seen one on Ebay in over a year.

I have Ebay e-mail me whenever one shows up. Zero e-mails.

If there was one though, how much would it get?

Since 98% of people don't know how hard it is to get this title, and since the rarity on it is listed as a "5", it may only get

$30 - $40 at the most.

"Hard to get" and "rarity" are two completely different things.

There were probably a lot less Waterworld made than there were Glacier Patrols, but I could buy 10 Waterworlds before you even saw

one Glacier Patrol for sale or up for auction.

Edited by therealred5

With Telegames titles, a lot of people were able to buy them right from Telegames up until a few years ago.

So they are definitely out there, and probably in greater numbers than many 'rare' games.

I just messaged Telegames UK about this and they have one copy of Glacier Patrol left...the rep told me he has no idea if it's NTSC or PAL.

There are NO copies of Universal Chaos left...all gone.

I just messaged Telegames UK about this and they have one copy of Glacier Patrol left...the rep told me he has no idea if it's NTSC or PAL.

There are NO copies of Universal Chaos left...all gone.

Since it is the UK branch, I would guess PAL.

The US branch hasn't sold any Atari game in quite a while now.

I thought it was the same for UK. Anything they have must be PAL though, no?

Given that Dino and Staberinde both have the same cart (although Staberinde appears to have changed the picture) as their avatar, I think it is quite clear what the rarest officially produced and released cart is. :)

How many PAL Pengos have surfaced so far? Do we need two hands to count them yet? And these are official Atari carts, not pirates or hacks or protos or anything like that.

That gets my vote as hardest to find cart!

PAL Pengo is not a label variation!! It's a completely different ROM for a different market, that's very different.

Not sure about Mission Survive but I can say I've got one.

Mind you I've got a PAL Pengo too. :)

I stand by what I said - PAL Pengo is the hardest to find regular production cart. IMHO!

There are three known label variations for PAL Pengo, indicating that significant numbers of the cart were at least produced. It may be difficult to track down a copy of PAL Pengo, but don't confuse "hard to find" for rare. They're not the same thing. Edited by Christophero Sly

Since it is the UK branch, I would guess PAL.

I've gotten NTSC games from them in the past.

The US branch hasn't sold any Atari game in quite a while now.

I thought it was the same for UK. Anything they have must be PAL though, no?

The UK branch never stopped selling games. Where do you think all the stock from Telegames USA went?

I think my PAL Custer's Revenge is even harder to find :)

HAH my PAL Mystique double-ender Burning Desire/Bachelorette Party with case and instructions would surely be more rarer,theres only 2 known to exist.

,mine and another one that is only the cart :cool:

I think my PAL Custer's Revenge is even harder to find :)

HAH my PAL Mystique double-ender Burning Desire/Bachelorette Party with case and instructions would surely be more rarer,theres only 2 known to exist.

,mine and another one that is only the cart :cool:

Is there any kind of database that keeps a list of how many of any given cartridge exists? That would be a cool data base for rare or even sealed games.

Is there any kind of database that keeps a list of how many of any given cartridge exists? That would be a cool data base for rare or even sealed games.

No. Keeping an accurate rarity database is hard enough (the guide here is fairly outdated)...compiling a database of the type you describe would be impossible. There a few unofficial 'registry' threads for certain extremely rare games (Atlantis II, Pepsi Invaders, Video Life) in the Rarity Guide forum, but that's about it, and even those are not entirely accurate.

I guess Eli's Ladder is not hard to find?

Eli's Ladder is an R10 and is very hard to find:

http://www.atariage.com/software_list.html?SystemID=2600

This discussion about rare games has occurred many times before...if you want to know what games are rare, look up the R10s and R9s in the database and you'll get a pretty good idea. A few of those (Ikari Warriors, Motorodeo, Obelix) have dropped in rarity, but the list is mostly accurate.

And please stop posting threads in the 2600 forum asking about rare games like Air Raid, River Patrol, etc. and where you can find them...lots of people are looking for these. If you have serious interest in purchasing them, post an ad in the Wanted section and sit back and wait, or go out and prepare to do some serious searching.

and forking over big bucks.......

Most of the Time games like this that would pop up would be in a old attic somewhere and then sold at a flea market

How many people know or care to know the value of an atari game especially when it will be mixed with other games.

most of my best finds have been at yard sale/flea markets for 50 cents each unless it ends up in a gaming store it will be no more money than a asteroids cart.