IGNORED

Desperately Wanted Manual Scans....

user42

I have tooth protectors, Wall defender, Jungle fever and Knight on Town. Unfortunately i don't have time ATM to scan (i've gotta do it at my work). but hopefully soon.

HELL YEAH!!!! :D I'm super excited!!!!

Don't worry if you can't get to it right away...I have waited a long time I can wait some more. I'm just happy that someone that has these is finaly going to step up and scan them for us.

As a small token of my apperaciation, I would like to present you with these 1000 internets...

post-15767-1226287179_thumb.jpg

Seriously, Thanks :cool:

I no longer have the Jungle Fever/Knight on town, but the new owner will be posting scans here soon. You will get them faster this way than relying on me ;)

Hot Damn!

Thoses are all great! :cool:

Is there any differance between the Pal and NTSC manuals for Knight on Town/Jungle Fever? It doesn't look like it....

There's a french version there too. Pang', can you scan those also?

I am having difficulty scanning those as the paper is wafer thin plain paper and the writing on the other side comes through when i scan...any suggestions ??

Hot Damn!

Thoses are all great! :cool:

Is there any differance between the Pal and NTSC manuals for Knight on Town/Jungle Fever? It doesn't look like it....

There's a french version there too. Pang', can you scan those also?

I am having difficulty scanning those as the paper is wafer thin plain paper and the writing on the other side comes through when i scan...any suggestions ??

I don't have a scanner, buy if you use a lighter setting?

• Like 1

Put a piece of black paper behind it. ;)

EDIT: nope that didnt work either,i am getting a jagged edge affect :( and am unable to crop

Edited by pangasinan

EDIT: nope that didnt work either,i am getting a jagged edge affect :( and am unable to crop

EDIT: nope that didnt work either,i am getting a jagged edge affect icon_sad.gif and am unable to crop

How are you cropping right now? A lot of programs let you select an area you want to crop with a box and then you simply choose crop. Even Paint can crop by selecting an area with a box, choosing cut, and pasting it on a new page. I don't understand what you mean by you are unable to crop?

The black paper should work. Try not swiching to B&W mode (I saw that you said you had before you edited), I think that might be part of the problem...mabey not...

Here is the current missing list. Only 3 missing!! (once Dino scans those 2)

Bomb-

Wall Defender ***Dino offered to scan***

DSD/Camelot-

Tooth Protectors ***Dino offered to scan***

Exus-

Video Jogger

Video Reflex

Gamex-

X-Man

Edited by user42

The black paper should work. Try not swiching to B&W mode (I saw that you said you had before you edited), I think that might be part of the problem...mabey not...

Bomb-

DSD/Camelot-

Exus-

Video Jogger

Video Reflex

Gamex-

X-Man

Nah using color mode and using black paper does not get rid of the unwanted wording on the reverse side,only black and white mode gets rid of it,but using B/W mode without black paper,i cant see the edges to know where to crop.So i will just scan them in color mode and post them,if you use them or not it doesnt matter...

Nah using color mode and using black paper does not get rid of the unwanted wording on the reverse side,only black and white mode gets rid of it,but using B/W mode without black paper,i cant see the edges to know where to crop.So i will just scan them in color mode and post them,if you use them or not it doesnt matter...

Can you post one of your B&W scans with black paper behind it? It'll help see what you are talking about.

Bomb-

DSD/Camelot-

Exus-

Video Jogger

Video Reflex

Gamex-

X-Man

I will pull these out tonight and scan then on Friday (i've got to do it at work unfortunately). Did you PM Pitfall Harry_de about the X-man instructions?

• Like 1

Can you post one of your B&W scans with black paper behind it? It'll help see what you are talking about.

It seems to only have the jagged effect using the scanner software,when i open up the native jpeg there is no jagged edges,so how can i crop the jpeg once i save it to my computer ?? also how can i get the manuals to be straight every time without adjusting them constantly.

Edited by pangasinan

I will pull these out tonight and scan then on Friday (i've got to do it at work unfortunately). Did you PM Pitfall Harry_de about the X-man instructions?

Great, I'm not trying to rush you. :)

As for X-Man, you said they were "rare PAL colour instructions". I think I've seen these scanned already (multi-language, right?). What I am really after are scans of the US manual. I even have scans of a photocopy of the US manual already, but I want scans of the real thing. ;)

It seems to only have the jagged effect using the scanner software,when i open up the native jpeg there is no jagged edges,so how can i crop the jpeg once i save it to my computer ?? also how can i get the manuals to be straight every time without adjusting them constantly.

You just have to use a program that will let you select an area then cut it out (either cropping the picture, or cutting what you want out and pasting it somewhere else). There really is not much too it. Most programs that handle photos will let you do that.

Getting them straight can be a bitch of a job. I'm presuming you're using a flat type of scanner here. I push the manual to the edge and close the cover carefully. Trying to line it up by just placing the manual in the middle of the screen is just too hard. You lift up the cover and it slides. You put the cover down and it slides.

The bad thing about my cheap ass Lexmark is that it is *not* quite straight, and I have to often put a manual on an slight angle to scan it straight. There are programs that let you rotate an image, but I find they distort the image somewhat. I also use my Lexmark software to crop a picture. It doesn't have to be a picture I just scanned; it can be any picture I have on my hard drive. I just load it in, "select all", move the borders around the area I want, and click the scissors icon to crop my image. Nothing too it really. Hope this helps. :)

Edited by Omegamatrix

Doesn't look to bad to me. I've scanned lots of B&W Zellers instructions before, and they are printed crooked to begin with just like those. It looks like there is a crease on the 2nd scan though you can see the line where the letters faded. Other then that I think ya got it.

Thanks,believe it or not but where the letters fade on the second scan is not a fold but some sort of misprint on the instructions.

It seems that Video Jogger / Video Reflex is one manual.

post-15767-1227481813_thumb.jpg

I found this image in thomasholzer's images. I tried to PM him but he doesn't accept PMs (If your reading this TH, and you have the manual can you scan it please?)

Here is the current missing list.

Bomb-

DSD/Camelot-

Exus-

Video Jogger

Video Reflex

Gamex-

X-Man