IGNORED

Must have DreamCast Games?

Most of the "must haves" are already up here... but I will second (or third)

Skies of Arcadia - but realize it's addictive, like crack

Virtua Tennis - I actually like the first over the second

Powerstone - again, the first, over the second

And finally, my ALL time fav.

SAMBA DE AMIGO - but only with a good set of controllers - ideally the official Sega maracas. I'm telling ya - there's NO experience like it! EVERYONE who's ever seen these, at a family gathering, or a party, CAN'T GET ENOUGH! You've got a girlfriend who doesn't like games? She'll like this one! It's fun to play this one together. It's also cool to watch your friends and family with a big poop eating grin on their faces as they're "getting their funk on."

I also highly recommend "Ecco the Dolphin" - another GREAT overlooked game.

Have I gone blind? (not entirely impossible.)

No one has mentioned Dead or Alive 2! Great fighter. If I had to choose between Soul Calibur and DOA2, I'd easily shoot myself in the head, it would be far simpler.

Soul Calibur is a must have, DOA2 is the second most must have. By this you might think I'm a 'fighter' fanatic, but the crazy thing is that I'm not. My fav genre is racing & RPG's, but these games look and play so well! They're easy enough that you can start out with a little button mashing, but then evolve into the more complex stuff.

I recently picked up DOA2 LE import from Japan for the DCast (there's actually the same amount of english in the NA version, ie: not much), AND DOA2 for the PS2. All 3 versions of DOA2 rock and rock very solidly.

I've also got every Virtua Fighter for the home consoles (yes including 32X and the Genesis) and I think they stopped being the 'best' after VF2 on the Saturn (which is still an incredible achievment to this day.) VF4 on the PS2 has yet to interest me like DOA2, and I've not yet gotten too deep into VF3tb on the DCast although what I have played is great! Oh that reminds me DOA1 (Sega Saturn import) is also amazing (I liked DOA2 so much, I bought the 1st one too!).

But hey, I rant. Bottom line. If you are one of the enlightened that own the wonderful Dreamcast; you then must own either Soul Calibur or DOA2. Which will it be? YOU must decide... (tip, get both and then you can start on Powerstone & VF3tb etc...)

as always,

Markimus of playing fighting games (more than I thought so?)

A few people already mentioned Shenmue, but I'll put in a vote for Shenmue 2 for a couple reasons...

First, you're really left hanging at the end of the first installment, so it's good to continue the story. Right now I'm on the third disc of Shenmue 2.

Second, everything about it is amazing and improved over the first game, which I didn't think would be possible. It's good enough to make it well worth going through the hassle of buying the European version from an importer (I got it from National Console Support, on a refer from EB online) and downloading and burning the needed boot disc, like Utopia, which I got - and if I can do it, anyone can.

I gotta say the Euro packaging is cool in itself. It's also fun to basically tell Microsoft to go fly a kite, since I won't need the XBox to play this game.

I got a question, I was at Walmart looking at the Dreamcast games. They had Quake 3 and Phantasy Star Online, both for $30. There was a bunch of each, so I could go back and get one. I was just wondering if either are worth that much. I was thinking about buying Quake 3, but I think I'll continue to buy ones for $10 at Best Buy.