IGNORED

Literally unbeatable games.

I actually really enjoyed Wrath of the Black Manta. Wish i still had a copy. :( I did beat it like three years ago, it's ridiculously easy if i remember correctly.

Zelda II, also totally beatable. I don't know why everyone hates that game. It's almost exactly like Faxanadu, which a lot of people like.

Has anyone ever actually finished RoboWarrior on the NES? That game seemed to progress from fun and doable to terrible and impossible all within the first couple levels.

Also something i could never manage to do and would really like to witness is the "good" ending on Revenge of Shinobi. Man, is it frustrating to play through that game just to see your girlfriend squished every damn time.

Edited by Scumdogg

Contra's not so hard if you practice a while. I've never used any codes and have no trouble with it. Zelda II is harder than the first one, but not outside the realm of possibility.

Now, is it possible to get past that lion boss in the first level of Conan for the NES? I don't really see how it can be done. I don't know if it's technically impossible, but it sure is close.

It's much easier if you kill Satan first. You'll need his pitchfork to even damage it.

Zelda II, also totally beatable. I don't know why everyone hates that game. It's almost exactly like Faxanadu, which a lot of people like.

Don't know about everyone else, but I hate it because I don't

...read...

.....this....

...slow.....

Edited by A Sprite

Any others I may be missing?

Chuck Norris Superkicks (2600). Once you reach the last wave of vanishing ninjas, you're done. The manual doesn't suggest the vanishing-ninja wave as the final objective, but I don't think the programmer coded anything beyond it. Hacking the game to allow the player to do impossibly well against the vanishing ninjas just creates wave after wave of impossibly hard ones.

A lot of the "Bart vs...." games on the NES were quite frustrating (due to control problems) and while not unbeatable, were certainly games that you didn't really care to complete.

Classic examples of Lazy programmers cheating to make the game artificially hard. What's this? I have to stand on the background to jump? I'm supposed to leap into an abyss? When a game asks me to memorize arbitrary rules like that, it's a quick way to get me to say "why bother?"

It's much easier if you kill Satan first. You'll need his pitchfork to even damage it.

Wow, that's the most Conan information I've ever seen! I wasn't sure if anyone else had ever even played it. So it is possible to defeat the lion? I may actually play it again someday.

No one mentioned Cheetahmen2??? Anyone actually finish one level and not commit suicide?

Actually, this one counts, it is literally unbeatable. When you beat one of the bosses, he disappears and nothing happens, you're forever stuck on the screen. There is a level after that, but you can only get to it by hacking the ROM.

Worth noting, is that Active Enterprises offered a prize of US$104,000 to the first person who could beat Cheetahmen 2, and send them a picture of the screen with a secret code, or something. Because the ending could not be reached under "normal" playing conditions, the prize was never awarded. Active went bankrupt soon after.

Edited by DrLove0378

Wow, that's the most Conan information I've ever seen! I wasn't sure if anyone else had ever even played it. So it is possible to defeat the lion? I may actually play it again someday.

The trick is finding the devil. You'll need the sword to release him and the fireball to kill him.

Edited by A Sprite

There was a game for the PS2 called Primal that has a mid-level glitch that won't let you progress any further. Unfortunately, a good buddy of mine bought it. Wow, was he ever pissed.

Was that in certain (early?) versions or something? I beat Primal twice, good enjoyable game.

I know there were glitches where as Scree you could climb off a wall/building out into "space" but you'd just have to reload your last save. This bothered me but it didnt keep me from finishing the game. Definitely worth it!

Edited by RJ

I have beaten almost all of the above games, and of course are the cahmp at some as well.

The only unbeatable game I know of would be the second quest for Deep blue Tg 16.

Nobody has ever done it, me either, not even with a slow motion controller, that is crazy

I have beaten almost all of the above games, and of course are the cahmp at some as well.

The only unbeatable game I know of would be the second quest for Deep blue Tg 16.

Nobody has ever done it, me either, not even with a slow motion controller, that is crazy

But is it literally unbeatable?

It sounds like another case of a hard game which somebody could beat if they played perfectly.

My nomination goes to Tetris. I've read that it's impossible to play indefinitely, because there's some probability that you will get a sequence of blocks which are literally impossible to clear before you die.

But is it literally unbeatable?

It sounds like another case of a hard game which somebody could beat if they played perfectly.

My nomination goes to Tetris. I've read that it's impossible to play indefinitely, because there's some probability that you will get a sequence of blocks which are literally impossible to clear before you die.

No tetris is more possible then Deep Blue, bust out an emu, you can even use turbo should be fun and easy, I had to record my hands so pressure is of you

• 1 month later...
Chuck Norris Superkicks (2600). Once you reach the last wave of vanishing ninjas, you're done. The manual doesn't suggest the vanishing-ninja wave as the final objective, but I don't think the programmer coded anything beyond it. Hacking the game to allow the player to do impossibly well against the vanishing ninjas just creates wave after wave of impossibly hard ones.

I've asked this before, but has anyone disassembled this game? It'd be interesting to find out if there's anything there (i.e. an unreachable ending). If there isn't, it'd be a terrific "hack" project to code in a little ending of some sort to give closure to the game. I really like Superkicks -- the double-ender with Artillery Duel is one of my favorite Atari carts, actually -- but to have it just end with a whimper like that is seriously disappointing!

Only other thing that sticks out in my head is that DS bubble bobble from last year. (Not retro, I know..)

SNK VS Capcom CardFighters DS.

FUCK YOU SNK US! FUCK YOU AND YOUR SHITTY FUCKING BETA TESTERS!

It's bad enough the game wasn't half as fun as the original, but to have it just lock like that 3/4s through, after WAY too many hours.

I'm stuck either mailing it in and getting a fresh new copy that I don't really want to play through the beginning of, or keeping a busted copy I can't progress in.

Contra's not so hard if you practice a while. I've never used any codes and have no trouble with it. Zelda II is harder than the first one, but not outside the realm of possibility.

Now, is it possible to get past that lion boss in the first level of Conan for the NES? I don't really see how it can be done. I don't know if it's technically impossible, but it sure is close.

Don't know about everyone else, but I hate it because I don't

...read...

.....this....

...slow.....

I hate it because the level design just feels so boring and monotonous. It always feels like each level is being repeated 5000 times, due to the near complete lack of any real level design variety and the fact that it's so long. Believe me, I watched a speed run of that game, all 50 minutes of it, and it almost put me to sleep. In fact, I'd prefer even the supposedly crappy CD-i Zeldas to Zelda II! The cutscenes may be awful, the controls might render the game nearly unplayable, but at least the levels have some variety! And I would gladly play any of Z2's imitators over Z2 itself! At least that's my opinion.

The others I know that can't be beaten were either unfinished (BS Zelda)...

Both maps of BS Zelda were finished, there's just no ROM releases of the final week.

There's a game for Playstation, Crusaders of Might & Magic I think it's called, that you can't beat. My friend said he got to the final boss and had to look it up online to see that it's impossible. I barely even got out of the first area before I got bored :roll:

Hmm, at least he said it was unbeatable...I just looked it up and don't see anything about it.

The US release of Turok: Rage Wars for N64 is unbeatable. If you try playing it on coop, you'll fail the first monkey stage no matter what.

I've got quite a few PC games that, even when patched fully, are still unbeatable. Ultima 8 and Descent to Undermountain both got quite a fair bit of play from me, only to have me give up and quit when the games crashed and corrupted my save files >_<

Guerilla Wars for NES is unbeatable if you know what you're doing ;) In two player mode, there's this one level where you go to fight the tank twins...right before you get to them, you're crossing a huge railroad bridge...if one person walks into the water on the right side of the bridge, and the other person goes across the bridge, the first person will get stuck. It's impossible to scroll back, all you can do is reset the game.

Gonna step out a limb here and say Hydro Thunder for the Dreamcast. A defect in the first run of discs makes it impossible to load the Catacomb level. It's not in all of them. If your GD-ROM is blue, chances are it's pressed wrong and, therefore, unbeatable. If it's orange, all the levels should work. Oddly, the game's last level, Castle von Dandy, will load just fine from the blue GD-ROM.