IGNORED

HSC Season 5 Week 5: Turmoil

Ze_ro

Still haven't broke my hi-score but here are some more tips:

On the beginning waves....I do what I call "cleansing"....where I got straight down shooting to the left and straight up shooting to the right. Instead of going back and forth, I do that.

Towards the faster levels, I tend to just take a half of the section and stay there.....and concentrate on those instead of madly going up and down all the level. There's less of a chance of screwing up that way.

This isn't much of a tip, but shoot the arrows before they turn into tanks. Not only are the tanks harder to deal with, but they're worth fewer points. Arrows are worth 100 points. Tanks are only worth 50.

Also, the prizes are worth a whopping 800 points, so grab them as often as you can.

I didn't see any scoring in the manual, but those are the ones I know of.

I didn't know the screen rolls at 100K. I don't have much further to go, I guess. Too bad there isn't a Turmoil II tournament cart. ;) Time to go roll the score!

Is Ze_ro not counting scores after someone has rolled it?

I can see most people making it to the 100k mark by the end of this week's contest.

That is basically the High Score Club tradition of stopping once the game has been flipped. Oh, by the way, it does get extremely hard once you get to 70,000

Some tips. Stay in the slow moving lanes when it starts to get hectic in the higher levels. Also, although you can't kill the tanks coming at you head on. Remember they can not kill you coming head on when you are constantly firing at them. If you start to get frantic and nervous in the later levels you can camp out with the tanks by constantly pressing the firing button until the level starts to calm down.

Well I got 102,860

post-3979-1192209352_thumb.jpg

Edited by homerwannabee

I finally rolled the score. :) Pic #1 shows the score right before rolling. Pic #2 shows the next level with the score rolled. Pic #3 is my final score...115,410.

Levels 8 & 9 are really tough! I started level 8 with all my lives and blew through 5 of them in that wave. Level 9 didn't waste time kicking my butt.

post-9712-1192308694_thumb.jpg

post-9712-1192308710_thumb.jpg

post-9712-1192308737_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deteacher

For those who don't know already, here's the scoring:

The Prize: 800 points

Arrow (pre-tank): 100 points

Tank: 50 points

Goofy-Square thing: 20 points

Goofy-Diamond thing: 40 points

Cannonball (prize after you wait too long): 100 points

Firework thing: 30 points