IGNORED

Quake 3 Adventure!

Gregory DG

I think Grindle has the third dimention, it's just dark (and so is the background - look closely)

BTW - I found Warren Robinett's e-mail, and I told him about this wonderful creation. I asked him to take a look, and I gave him the link to this thread. I hope he does! I would think you do him proud! (I would be if I had created Adventure!) :D

Bob DeCrescenzo

I saw Warren and mentioned your project to him. He seemed to think it was cool and asked if I knew where the website was. I didn't know off the top of my head....but it would make sense to contact him directly. He seems really impressed with the fact that people still are interested. He was really cool about Adventure II that was being worked on for the 5200 and was all for it. I would think he'd feel the same about your Quake Adventure project!

Here's his direct email....

robinettw@aol.com

Why is Grindle missing the 3rd dimension? :?

He's not. Here's another picture.

http://www.ataritimes.com/classics/images/...dv/grindle2.jpg

Weird thing tho: Looking at him from the other side and about 60% of the textures are invisible. Guess I'll have to figure out why that is... :roll:

Ah, now I see.

But I think you shouldn't make the objects that thick. IMO they should be exactly one pixel thick.

Don't know why, just my two cents.

Or make them really pixelated-plastic: the more pixels are around, the thicker a pixel becomes.

HOLY POOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those Dragons are sweet! And they are surreal enough looking to be VERY scary when the pop up on you!

Its still so dark that its hard to see much of anything (which works AWESOME in the Black Castle by the way). Is that something you are going to work on, or have you done all you can? :)

You never cease to amaze me, dude!

[You just ran into ol' Warren in Chicago, huh? And he gave you his e-mail to post on a public bulletin board? Just asking, of course.]

Well, I was at the CGE2K2 and that's when I told him about the Quake Adventure project which he seemed intriqued by. During the course of my conversation he invited me to go look at his website. It was really difficult to find as it's at [www.warrenrobinett.com]. Sh*t, the web page even list's his home phone number if you want it. But I'll make you work for it and click on the link to his site instead of putting it on here.

If you think about it, since his web address is his name it's pretty much "out there" in public anyways, so I don't think I did anything wrong by posting it on this website here where one has to dig down a few layers to this board to find. In reality, it's harder to get his email here than at his own website !!!!!

Ciao.......[/url]

Its still so dark that its hard to see much of anything (which works AWESOME in the Black Castle by the way).  Is that something you are going to work on, or have you done all you can? :)  

I have recently discovered an "ambient light" variable which should raise the entire map's light level to whatever I specify. I haven't tried it yet though.

You never cease to amaze me, dude!

Heh, thanks. Just wait until I actually write the Adventure part of the game! :)

Hey all!

Just wait until you see the latest additions to the map! They're located at...

Hmmm... I think I'll keep them a secret! Let's just say they are big, and you will be blown away when you see them in the map!

Care to guess what the new additions are?

:)

I have to admit, thi is the first time I've read on this post, slimply because it didn't "reach out an grab me" but I started with greg@tat first post, and I was hooked after that...I had no idea what I was missing until now...everything looks awesome...I cannot wait until it's finished.

Keep up the Great work.

Dave

Let me take a wild guess - The Red Dragon makes an apperance  :D

Well, since the green and yellow dragon have already been shown, it stands to reason that the red dragon would appear too. But what pose, you'll just have to find out.

Here's another clue:

http://www.atariage.com/box_page.html?Soft...64&BoxStyleID=2

There must be either

a). a crown

b.) creepy gnomes

Nope, neither of those.

c.) an extra long and boring service agreement! :D  ;)  

My service agreements are never long!

Spooky looking, lifeless tree's  

No, but that's a cool idea...

You added the "DOT" and the "Easter Egg" room?  

No comment on that one... None of these guesses are the answer I was looking for. Good tries though. Here is one last hint:

http://www.atariage.com/manual_page.html?S...ge=0&maxPages=8

After three clues, you guys aren't even close. Good luck! :P

All 3 of the clues show the artwork for the game, everyone has been guessing items in the artwork, well, now I'd like to place my guess, and say that you are going to somehow incorporate the original artwork into the game somewhere? I dunno, that's my guess, whether it's a good one or not has yet to be seen...

Dave

All 3 of the clues show the artwork for the game, everyone has been guessing items in the artwork, well, now I'd like to place my guess, and say that you are going to somehow incorporate the original artwork into the game somewhere? I dunno, that's my guess, whether it's a good one or not has yet to be seen...

Another clue:

Imagine you were only 3 inches tall looking at your Atari collection. How would it look?