• Epyx
    • M Network
    • Parker Brothers
    • Sega
    • Spectravision
    • Xonox
    • Other

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I was just curious to find out what is everyones favorite company. If you want to tell us why it is your favorite then that would be appriciated. Obviously I couldn't put every company on here so if your favorite is not on the list then click other and let us know which one is your favorite.

Edited by theking21083

I chose US Games as my favorite. It has it's duds just like every company but it also has its hits. My favorite titles are Commando Raid, Eggomania, Picnic, Gopher, Name this Game, Squeeze Box, and Towering Inferno. I also love how the cartridge labels look. It seems like every time I play my 2600 I pop in one of these games for a fun filled adventure. Quaker Oats not only makes a good breakfast food but they also make some good video games.

Activision is my favorite by a long shot.

River Raid

H.E.R.O

Keystone Kapers

Pitfall II

What a brilliant list of really playable, exciting games :D

Definitely Activision. Everything Mimo said I agree with entirely. They even listed 4 games which would've been in my top 10 for Activision games! :cool:

The last time we talked about this I think it was about 3rd party developers.

As far as favorite overall developer, I'd have to go with Atari themselves. I have always been a sucker for arcade game conversions, and Atari did some of the best.

If arcade conversions are left out of the criteria, I'd have to go with Imagic.

#1: Activision

Megamania

Pitfall 2

Hero

#2: Atari

Jungle Hunt

Phoenix

Othello (I know!)

#3: Imagic

Demon Attack

Cosmic Ark

I picked Activision as #1 because, IMO, they raised the bar for not only third party developers but also Atari. They also have continued to blow me away to this very day with their modern titles. I hope David Crane bought himself a nice Lamborghini and some "illegal immigrant massage girls from the far east" on my behalf! Hahaha.

Atari had to get pretty creative and fast to compete with their own former and best programmers that activision was comprised of. Atari is only #2 as they were the obvious first to the table and with the most titles.

Imagic really stretched the graphics and sound capabilities while keeping things simple. It's not hard to tell that they not only had a great eye and ear for games but a powerful desire to look and sound different. Demon Attack probably has the most "unexpected" sound set of any Atari game to the first time player that has played the other shootem ups. Hats off to those guys n gals.

An honorable mention would be Mattel for releasing the best Intellivision games for the 2600. Intellivision.

Strange - the top pick from each is a shoot em up! I guess it shows how simple minded I am! :)

I guess people really like Activision. Maybe I should have left them out of the list just to see how things would have turned out. I was hoping to see some different results but I guess I should have known better. I think I will shorten down the list slightly to the more popular companys.

If you left Activision off the list, I would have gone with CBS. I like all of their titles, with Mountain King and Tunnel Runner being my faves from them. :)

Are we talking about developers or publishers here? CBS (like Coleco and Xonox) didn't even develop many of the titles that they released.

Either way, I can only assume the people who voted for Xonox are joking. :!:

I've got to go with Atari. In 1983, it would be Activision or Imagic for sure (better graphics) - and they're still close... BUT ... a lot of the Atari games; Skydiver, Circus Atari, Combat, Superman etc. have longer life game-play wise than more predictable games like Barnstorming, Laser Blast, Sky Jinks, Keystone Kapers etc. Don't get me wrong, I love many Activision games and they, along with Imagic are close 2nd/3rd but I think Atari takes it for overall fun. Also, I think M-Network put out some great stuff.

I've got to go with Atari. In 1983, it would be Activision or Imagic for sure (better graphics) - and they're still close... BUT ... a lot of the Atari games; Skydiver, Circus Atari, Combat, Superman etc. have longer life game-play wise than more predictable games like Barnstorming, Laser Blast, Sky Jinks, Keystone Kapers etc. Don't get me wrong, I love many Activision games and they, along with Imagic are close 2nd/3rd but I think Atari takes it for overall fun. Also, I think M-Network put out some great stuff.

Yeah, Activision games were usually prettier, but too many of them lacked randomness and AI. I read in a magazine back in the 1980s that Activision did it on purpose because a more static game was easier to copyright or something like that. I wish I could remember the name of the magazine.

I always put Imagic at the top, but I have favorite games made by Atari, M Network, Activision, Tigervision, 20th Century Fox, CBS Electronics, Sega, and so on.

If it was among all consoles, I'd go with Imagic because I loved their Intellivision stuff so much. If it's purely 2600 then I have to go with Activision. Kaboom, Barnstorming, Pitfall, Starmaster, Spider Fighter, Decathalon, Megamania...

Hard to argue with Atari, too. And I always had a soft spot for US Games' games... So hard to pick just one!