IGNORED

It finally happened, but it could have been worse.

ianoid

It finally happened, but it could have been worse.  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What feedback would you leave for this buyer?

• Positive
    • Neutral
    • Negative

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

You left a fourth, quite often utilized, option off the list: not leaving feedback at all...

In looking at your correspondence with him, I think you came across as overly complicated; it must have been overwhelming for this unsophisticated noob. The guy has the communication skills of a third grader.

I don't know, I'd probably just not leave feedback, but you may want to neg him to give you leverage in getting him to mutually withdraw. But even if you got him to agree to that, your score would not change, and the "gone" neutral might even look to other buyers like a withdrawn neg!

It's a quandary, all right...

An aside, you "covet" your own feedback? How can you have an inordinate or wrongful desire for something you already have? Maybe you meant you are "jealous" of it in the old sense?

True, no feedback is an option. I think it's either Neg or nothing at this point. I kind of don't want to deal with the guy AT ALL with feedback withdrawl or anything. I don't think he'll do it and it will just be some effort for me, like banging my head against a wall.

I have an inordinate AND wrongful desire to have 100% positive feedback. I get all twisted up over stuff like this.

You are probably right about being overly complicated. But that's the only way I know how to be. Simplifying isn't my strength.

That bozo deserves a Neg. He acts like he is 12. You were more than kind, even offering to ship the gun back. It's not your fault the NOOB does not know how ebay works, it's not that hard to figure out.

Yeah, that's the thing that really bothers me. I really wonder how people like this get on in their daily lives. Everyone is an eBay "NOOB" at some point, but most of us were not nearly that clueless when bidding on our first auctions.

..Al

Ebay needs to fire atleast 1/2 of the programmers and quit updating the website. They just update so they have something to do and collect a paycheck.

The website from 1999 would work just fine today. Old users have to adjust to small changes here and there but new users are now so baffled by all these pages it causes buyer and seller more headaches than its worth. Ebay needs to adopt the KISS motto.

KISS - Keep it simple, stupid

I got this reply from him:

i found the game that is too come with the gun for 17 dollars and i think you hould refung that because u said softwear in the post making it sound like install softwear not just simply saing games

--

WTF?

I have no intention of replying to him. I still haven't decided whether to neg him or not. The good seller in me wants to neg him, get him to mutually withdraw, and then take a return or give a partial refund. The pissed off human in my wants to just ignore him and eat the Neutral.

Sure I take my feedback way too seriously on eBay as a seller. Discussion here before made the point that I probably will get negative feedback and there will be nothing I can do about it. I got a neutral recently, which is like a slap in the face to me considering how much I worked with the buffoon who bought something from me. I was so peeved I made a complete log of all of our interactions and posted it as my reply to his neutral. Doubt he'll here from me again.

Oh, and I'm curious, what kind of feedback would you leave him?

Clueless eBayer

A big fat negative would be what I would give him.

I remember last year I had a guy win an auction for a vectrex on a Friday he immediately paid and asked if he could recieve it by Monday. I told him it would have to go overnight and told him the new price he said go ahead send it priority becasue he didn't want to pay the difference. Monday he emailed me and said he didn't get it. I told him priority still takes 2-4 days usually, he replied back he checked with his post office and they said I didn't send it out yet and he asked me to call him. I called him and he spoke about a third english and accused me of lying and that Allah would punish me. I gave him the tracking numbers again and it turned out he gave the post office the wrong number or they couldn't understand him more than likely. Anyway the package arrived on Tuesday and then he called and said it was damaged in shipping. I told him it was insured but I needed him to take a picture and he may have to take it back to the post office. He then told me he would do no such thing and I would be punished and I was not to contact him again. Wednesday I got negative from him. What an a*&hole. I then gave him a big fat negative.

Neg'ing a newd like that guy is going to make people want to stay far far away from him.....

as a matter of fact, he's on my no-bid list as of right now....

Yes, and that's how the feedback system is broken, because too many people afraid to leave a negative in fear of a negative in retaliation. If people left negatives when they should, it'd be harder for sellers to dick people around. The guy Ianoid is dealing with definitely deserves one, especially after that last incomprehensible email he sent. I now have little doubt that other users will have headaches dealing with this individual, and if he starts getting negatives quickly with a new account, perhaps he'll wisen up. Either that or he'll create another account, but he'll never build up a respectable feedback rating if he burns through accounts because he's getting neg'd.

..Al

Sure I take my feedback way too seriously on eBay as a seller. Discussion here before made the point that I probably will get negative feedback and there will be nothing I can do about it. I got a neutral recently, which is like a slap in the face to me considering how much I worked with the buffoon who bought something from me. I was so peeved I made a complete log of all of our interactions and posted it as my reply to his neutral. Doubt he'll here from me again.

Clueless eBayer

I remember last year I had a guy win an auction for a vectrex on a Friday he immediately paid and asked if he could recieve it by Monday. I told him it would have to go overnight and told him the new price he said go ahead send it priority becasue he didn't want to pay the difference. Monday he emailed me and said he didn't get it. I told him priority still takes 2-4 days usually, he replied back he checked with his post office and they said I didn't send it out yet and he asked me to call him. I called him and he spoke about a third english and accused me of lying and that Allah would punish me. I gave him the tracking numbers again and it turned out he gave the post office the wrong number or they couldn't understand him more than likely. Anyway the package arrived on Tuesday and then he called and said it was damaged in shipping. I told him it was insured but I needed him to take a picture and he may have to take it back to the post office. He then told me he would do no such thing and I would be punished and I was not to contact him again. Wednesday I got negative from him. What an a*&hole. I then gave him a big fat negative.

Did Allah punish you yet? :lol:

Clueless eBayer

The buyer is an idiot and a moron. Should've asked questions before committing to buy. I would have been very concerned by all those questions, and the bad spelling and grammar to boot, coming after he used BIN.

You probably should set it up so newbies can't bid or have to be approved by you first. That is possible, right?

When I buy something, I pay immediately and wait for arrival. I've sold a few times. Have never had a problem in nearly 10 years on eBay.

I don't think your feedback will be hurt at all by a neutral from a newb. It's still 100 percent and you've got nearly 3,000 feedbacks! That's stellar. Anyone should feel completely at ease buying from you.

Edited by Brian R.

Clueless eBayer

Did Allah punish you yet? :lol:

Yeah I think he may have a few weeks later I bought 4 fairchild Channel F cartridge from this guy for like 10 bucks and he charged me 20.00 shipping. I asked him what he was thinking since the postage would be like 4.20 at that time, and he said he paid his kids to ship for him so after argueing I agreed to pay 15.00. 2 weeks later my package arrived. It was a shoe box someone taped with scotch tape one side was smashed, one game smashed into 10 pieces literally and one that wouldn't work. What peeved me off the most was it looked like his kids used kleenex to cushion the items and on the back of the shoe box was the postage label. 2.00 media mail. I sent him a very nasty E-mail and he replied I wasn't very christian like. I immediately thought of Allah and my punishment. :D