IGNORED

It finally happened, but it could have been worse.

ianoid

It finally happened, but it could have been worse.  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What feedback would you leave for this buyer?

• Positive
    • Neutral
    • Negative

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Sure I take my feedback way too seriously on eBay as a seller. Discussion here before made the point that I probably will get negative feedback and there will be nothing I can do about it. I got a neutral recently, which is like a slap in the face to me considering how much I worked with the buffoon who bought something from me. I was so peeved I made a complete log of all of our interactions and posted it as my reply to his neutral. Doubt he'll here from me again.

Oh, and I'm curious, what kind of feedback would you leave him?

Clueless eBayer

I'd be leaning towards a negative. You spent considerably more time holding this guy's hands than most people would, and you even pointed out beforehand that there was NO SOFTWARE included with the gun. I would have been pretty leery about letting this guy bid on my auction after the first few exchanges back and forth with him or her. And obviously receiving the item seven days after payment is not "slow".

If you leave him a negative, that might encourage the buyer to use the "feedback withdrawal" process to at least have the neutral not counted against you (in the box that displays all the totals).

Just so you know, it is against eBay's policies to have links in your feedback (such as the one to the page describing your correspondence with the buyer). I don't know how proactive they are about cleaning up feedback, but just something to be aware of.

..Al

I'd have to say I'd leave a neg.

I hate to leave them, but sometimes you do all you can and there is no other recourse.

I'm still grieving over the one negative I recieved from some lowlife who didn't pay for an auction and then negged me... Now he's NARU's and there's nothing i can do.

I get ansy everytime it takes a while to recieve some sort of communication.

Brad

Edited by bradjewell

I read the link you posted, and I don't know if you skipped a step or something, but what was his problem? It goes from delivery confirmation to you telling him to go ahead and send it back. Why was he unhappy with it?

And I would wait until the whole process is completed before deciding on feedback. It is really easy for people to say "yeah go ahead and neg him" because he is a noob, and because he already left you feedback, so whatever you do is consequence-free. I mean, honestly, he is just an e-Bay noob and also a very stupid person. Not sure if that deserves a neg or just your unending ire.

Chris

I read the link you posted, and I don't know if you skipped a step or something, but what was his problem? It goes from delivery confirmation to you telling him to go ahead and send it back. Why was he unhappy with it?

And I would wait until the whole process is completed before deciding on feedback. It is really easy for people to say "yeah go ahead and neg him" because he is a noob, and because he already left you feedback, so whatever you do is consequence-free. I mean, honestly, he is just an e-Bay noob and also a very stupid person. Not sure if that deserves a neg or just your unending ire.

Chris

It sounds like the game was not included and thats the problem.

It sounds like the game was not included and thats the problem.

Why take so much time to set this page up and leave out the juicy email? Ian's holding back the goodz.

You could leave a negative, but I probably won't matter. Buyer's feedback doesn't matter as much as a sellers. Since they are new, they could just change accounts and start fresh.

The main thing is how you addressed the feedback you received.

My suggestion is a reply should just address the feedback left. Avoid insulting or attacking phrases such as "pathetic".

Just stating "Feedback left by new eBayer, Auction stated no software and shipped immediatly after payment" would have worked. Anyone bothering to look at your feedback would have immediatly understood what happened.

Because he left a neutral, you rating is still 100% positive, so most people won't bother reading your feedback.

what a bonehead......I would send E-Bay all of the information you have (e-mails and what not) to see if they can reverse the rating...you did all you could to satisfy the buyer. However, knowing how e-bay is, I highly doubt they will reverse the rating. I admire your patience though Ian....

I included every piece of correspondence in that link, I didn't edit anything, not even my typos. He contacted me alternating with email and eBay messages, very annoying.

AFAIK, you can't mutually withdraw Neutrals.

To combat16 (is this the same guy as fighter16?): I didn't say he was pathetic in the response, I said that the story was pathetic. I think that your suggested reply similarly had a value judgement included.

As far as the URLs in feedback, I've seen it before. I didn't include the http:// for that reason.

I have a list of blocked bidders I'd be happy to share. Should we get a list together? It's so easy to cut and paste one into eBay's blocked bidder function.

If I neg him, there's the risk that he starts another account and does a Buy and Slam and I get a Neg out of it. This guy doesn't seem smart enough to do that, but you never know.

And I haven't heard from him again and I don't intend to reply either. I will not refund him anything or help him at all. Let me note also that if he had left positive I would have still continued to do everything I could, including full refund upon return (without postage), to make him ok with the transaction.

You could see me kind of losing my cool with this guy early in the transaction until I reached a point of paternal resolve. Now I'm just done with the guy.

I'm still debating what to do- it may depend on the mutual withdrawl policy for Neutrals.

The gun was sold WITHOUT games, it says it on the package and I'm certain that there were no pack in games ever for this particular gun. It is often sold on eBay with the games, but that's a package deal from sellers, not the original packaging. It is stated clearly that no games are included in the auction and I was hoping that when he emailed me and I told him that he'd back out. Not that that would have saved me, he probably would have left me Neutral anyway.

Edited by ianoid

Members can withdraw negative Feedback ratings they've left for each other if they've resolved their disagreement and believe the rating is no longer appropriate. This process is called Mutual Feedback Withdrawal.

When a Feedback rating is withdrawn, the positive, negative, or neutral rating will no longer show or count in the Feedback Score. However, the Feedback comment itself will remain. It's still always a good idea to try and resolve trading issues before leaving a negative Feedback rating, whenever possible.

Mutual Feedback Withdrawal differs from Feedback removal by eBay, where the Feedback and all comments are completely removed. We will only remove Feedback if it violates our Feedback Removal and Abuse Policy.

You can only request Mutual Feedback Withdrawal once for each Feedback rating, so don't start the process until both you and your trading partner have already agreed to have the Feedback rating removed. You can initiate your request within 30 days of either member leaving Feedback, or within 90 days of the transaction end date, whichever is later. After you and your trading partner both complete the online process, you will have your Feedback Scores adjusted at the same time. Depending on the type of Feedback rating withdrawn, your score could increase, decrease or remain the same. eBay will add a note to the Feedback comment, which indicates that the Feedback rating was mutually withdrawn.

Note: If you haven't left Feedback for your trading partner and you go through the Mutual Feedback Withdrawal process, you will no longer be able to leave Feedback for that transaction.

Start the Mutual Feedback Withdrawal process.

You left a fourth, quite often utilized, option off the list: not leaving feedback at all...

In looking at your correspondence with him, I think you came across as overly complicated; it must have been overwhelming for this unsophisticated noob. The guy has the communication skills of a third grader.

I don't know, I'd probably just not leave feedback, but you may want to neg him to give you leverage in getting him to mutually withdraw. But even if you got him to agree to that, your score would not change, and the "gone" neutral might even look to other buyers like a withdrawn neg!

It's a quandary, all right...

An aside, you "covet" your own feedback? How can you have an inordinate or wrongful desire for something you already have? Maybe you meant you are "jealous" of it in the old sense?