IGNORED

UPDATE! VIDEO 61 UPDATE!

chris_lynx1989

If I may chime in here... (Since the MK2 April Fool's joke was my brainchild...)

I emailed Lance about his wanting to make a $50 cart out of the MK2 slideshow. And I said that I didn't feel it was warranted, especially for that price. But he said he's got a couple of people bugging him to make them (I guess chris_lynx1989 is one of them.)

So I suggested he hold off on it until I can convince Matthias to do something a bit more substantial with it. I was thinking of adding a bunch more images, and maybe some of Matthias' demo games. Of course, this is all up to Matthias, so he may not want to do it. And I haven't heard back from him about it, but it's possible he's talked directly to Lance.

So we'll see, won't we?

Edited by Gregory DG

That's like putting a scratch in the label of my ET cart and calling it a limited edition because of that scratch.

Just so everyone knows, I got dibs on the scratched ET cart when it becomes scratched and available, so don't anyone get any wise ideas of trying to take it from underneath me! I claimed it first... :P ;)

Ummm... No one asked my permission to use the MK2 slide show since it was TAT's April Fool's joke... Although I didn't write it, the images were created by me. Someone might be hearing from me soon. :|

How can you claim credit for images of Mortal Kombat 2?? They were never yours to begin with unless they were made from the ground up...

Hehe I have to agree with that, MK2 nothing to do with Gregory DG, I'd say you gotta ask Acclaim, Midway or Ed Boon for permission.

Mortal_Kombat_Flag.sized.jpg

Edited by thomasholzer

A word of caution to anyone interested in "Pounce."

It's extremely misleading for chris_lynx1989 to say

this "demo" is "Near Complete!" I'd have a hard time

agreeing that this demo represents any more than

15% of what the final completed game would be.

I only posted as Lance said,"near complete".I've made it to the bottom of the mountain/foothill so far(got my copy 12/31 and have not played it a ton yet!).

Have you made it past the 'Bagatelle' area at the rivers edge to claim this?I have not yet.I'm trying to get a bead on the maze myself.How far have you gotten?Got any scans?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a spendy collector and $50 is tough for me to spend on a demo. Or a slideshow. Reminds me of the $90+ Ataricharles Tronguy cart that's just a slideshow.

Yes, expensive this and production costs that, I understand there is almost no money in it, but there is a point at which the price is low enough to attract alot of buyers rather than make more per cart. I would say the limit for that level is $35, pref $30. You could probably sell twice as many or three times as many carts. Of course the margin is slimmer and it's more work. I guess I sympathize, but it's all about the quality of the product for the price.

That being said, who's bought these releases and what can you tell me about them being worth it outside of the collector realm as games to play or quality products?