IGNORED

Getting A PAL SNES

The PAL SNES may require the same power as the NTSC version, if so just use a US power supply. Check the specs on the adapter that comes with it, (ie, supply voltage and required current), find a suitable replacement, and splice the PAL power supply's connecting plug onto the replacement.

It's full title is "Euro Scart"... it's a connector built in as standard on European TVs. Supports composite, S-video and RGB though usually not all at the same time. As RGB has no PAL or NTSC signal type, then you can plug anything into it that support an RGB output and get a colour picture.

It's full title is "Euro Scart"... it's a connector built in as standard on European TVs. Supports composite, S-video and RGB though usually not all at the same time. As RGB has no PAL or NTSC signal type, then you can plug anything into it that support an RGB output and get a colour picture.

SNES SCART only carries RGB and the switching signals.

Well one option is to get an actual PAL SNES power supply and a step-up transformer to convert your 110VAC home outlet voltage to 220VAC which the power supply will need.

The other option is to find/make/build a generic/universal power supply to power it, but it might be hard to to find the connector as I am pretty sure Nintendo didn't use anything standard.

What are you going to use for a display if you get it powered?

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, got a UK-compatible power supply for the PAL SNES, plus a step up/down transformer. Right now it powers up. The next thing to find out is if I can get a video signal from it. I got a standard SNES A/V adapter cord attached to it, and a PAL-to-NTSC converter hooked up between my system and my LCD TV, and so far...no video signal.