IGNORED

Running a business with an Atari

pastor

Hi,

Sorry not yet... on my to do list though :). I am getting a break after next Tuesday so I'll get more time. But like anything in the atari world things get delayed. Sry about that

Indeed the TT is faster for most productivity stuff. Some aren't though (especially when you need more colours).

• 2 months later...
Hi guys

I am involved in the running of a pre-school and currently all computing requirements (faxing, invoicing, e-mailing etc) are carried out on a powerful pc. My buisness partner (the wife) and I were discussing the merits of the Falcon and I was showing off some applications when she commented that "atari's are only for playing games and why did I need one as I have a PS3". I countered by saying that the Atari was a great computer and that we could use to run our business with. She replied "if the falcon is as good as you say it is then run run the bloody business with it" I have decided to do just that I always love a challange!

My main aim is to run my business completely on my Falcon (or preferably a TT) and then design a website with my experiences, applications that I used to help inform others that Ataris can be used in business. The format would be to document everthing that I needed to create for my business and show how I achieved the results and with what software. I will need to be able to design news letters, stationay, memos, accounts, database, faxing, e-mail and web design etc. My Falcon is not connected to the net yet. I am waiting for an ethernet solution to become available that I can buy. I have Magic 6.2 and MiNT installed on my Falcon.

Can you help with this project? I am looking for the following software either to buy (new or secondhand) or on loan (thay will be returned safe and sound!). I realise that I can probably get my hands on most of this stuff via downloads but I really need the manuals etc.

Jinee 2.5 or last english version of Ease (MagicDesk is too limited)

ImageCopy 4CD (screen shots and image conversion)

DA LayoutTC 6 (leaflets, stationary etc)

DA Picture (picture manipualtion)

DA Vector 2 (pictures and effects)

Coma Professional 5 (faxing and voice mail)

Apex Media (producing pictures for the kids)

Redacteur 3.15 (English) (old time's sake)

Migraph OCR Senior and Merge it (have a hand scanner with touch Up)

Texel

Database with good form creation (not Superbase 3)

Thats Address 2

Musicom 2

SCSI scanner software and flatbed scsi/parallel scanner

The main reason that I have chosen the above applications is that I have used them in the 90's and I am used to them. I am sure that I will find other applications that I will need to complete this project. The one application that I will need to keep using on the PC is our Daycare Management System.

So if you can help with any of the above or think that the idea is "thats crazy" as one of my PC owning friends shouted at me! Please let me know. Any thoughts or encouragement would be greatly appreciated. I hope to start the project and web site in the middle of January.

Thanks for your input.

Paul

Well how about this for coincidence....

the name is Tony (TTOWNER ) on here

I have in my possetion a flatbed parallel scanner and its software this works as a scanner photocopier.

do you want to talk about it i have some hi res art programs accounts programs and a few other intersting items.

here is but a few from memory........

I do have from memory, Neodesk 4 +update, Kobold, Ease (Possibly incomplete), Calamus V1.09 + SL with font disks.

Plus quite a lot of game disks.

Automation disks Medway boys disks etc.

night breed (Origional)

ICD Link software, Multitos, Pagestreem, Protext, Devpack 3 & developer v2.18, Chagall, Retouch and Arabesque, Speed of light v3,Aniplay, Positive image, Diamond back v2.20+v3.14, Timeworks word writer,1st word, Werks v1.23, Gemari v2.01(tape streamer for backing up to tape drives), Lavadraw +,Cattamaran( forgot what this is about sorry), Papyrus Gold(German vers), Fleet street publisher, Pagestreem, Star call, Vidi ST,VideoMaster( Cart & origional software) Divichrome, Flexidump +colour, Multidesk + delux, Turbo ST, Videomaster. LDW Power Origional(Spreadsheet) Avant Vektor, didot line art, Oline Art, crack Art, Retouch professional, Cyber paint inc cyber sculpt cyber3d developers disk fonts etc, S.T.A.D, Gfaraft, Mega paint 2 & 3, Avalon Pro 12 ( for TOS1.09) Caligrapher2.25, Protext 5.5. All word type editors have fonts.

Mega Paint professional 4.0, Didot pro, sharp score.Take control v2.1 ( More to follw as and when I dig out my collection again)

I am attempting to copy my Superbase listing across to the PC so I can mail it , Very busy at the moment though.

tonyperry_4@hotmail.com if this interests you.