IGNORED

MULE on ebay

Bryan

Not mine (although I'd love it if I got that much for them).

http://cgi.ebay.com/M-U-L-E-for-Atari-5200...1QQcmdZViewItem

I couldn't believe how much you charged for the MULE carts. It was so low.

I was very fortunate to get one in the second (and final) round. Thanks for porting the game and building/selling the carts.

Thanks for porting the game and building/selling the carts.

Thanks for the kind words. I really wish I had more time to devote to projects like this.

Me too. Castle Crisis is such a great game as well. Hopefully you can find the time someday to do another.

Allan

Castle Crisis is such a great game as well. Hopefully you can find the time someday to do another.

I spent a large part of Christmas Day playing Castle Crisis with my siblings. What makes it great is how easy it is to learn. My sister had never even heard of Warlords but she was able to pick up the game right away and play rather competitively. Later on we played a few of the 4-player N64 games but none of them had all players on the same competitive level.

This was with the 8-bit version of the game. Now if I had a 4-port 5200, I would have taken it and MULE.

Wish I'd know someone built a box. I made a manual for the same port.

Marc Oberhauser made the box (and still does, I have one for my cart), it would certainly round things off nicely if you are able to produce a manual. I had mentioned this recently and was prompted to think about making one myself, but if it's already been done...?!

Castle Crisis is such a great game as well. Hopefully you can find the time someday to do another.

I spent a large part of Christmas Day playing Castle Crisis with my siblings. What makes it great is how easy it is to learn. My sister had never even heard of Warlords but she was able to pick up the game right away and play rather competitively.

The original arcade Warlords is such a great game and I wonder why Atari never ported it to the A8 platform themselves. Back when I had the coin-op version, friends used to come over just to duke it out and it was one of those few games where people would really get into a panicked frenzy (you know, 4 fireballs, a big hole in your wall, a little pee in your britches). Writing Castle Crisis allowed me to take the game anywhere. There are a lot of projects I want to finish someday, but none that seem so imperative.

When I converted MULE it was because I had read many posts where someone had asked about it (on the 5200) and the response was always that it was impossible. I was a fan of the game and I decided to see how impossible it actually was. It was a major PITA, and it took much longer than I expected. The main problem was that the game uses self-modifying code all over the place and all this code needed to be rewritten or moved into RAM. It turned out that it could all be done with 16K of RAM (barely) but the code is about 40K so it needs to bank-switch when you transition from set-up to landing on the planet (when the disk load would normally occur). I'm glad it seems to be quite stable because I was discovering little things that needed fixing right up to the week I released it.

-Bry

When I converted MULE it was because I had read many posts where someone had asked about it (on the 5200) and the response was always that it was impossible.

And a HUGE thanks that you did. That MULE cart on the 5200 is a reason unto itself to own a 4 port 5200. :cool:

Absolutely and my copy isnt available unless I can get $120 :D like the other guy and without a box!

LOL , J/K , Great game, thanks for makin it

By the way... a little tip:

MULE has a self-adjusting joystick routine that kicks in once the initial landing screen appears. If you make a full circle with the stick it will be calibrated. Otherwise, it will eventually find find the X and Y limits as you use the stick. Basically, I did that so it would end up completely centered, but if I had to do it over I probably would have kept it simpler. :)