IGNORED

Free Xbox Live game. Peace offering?

moycon

Gotta love class action lawsuits. The lawyers make a few million dollars and the consumer gets a free $5-$10 settlement. Although in this case I doubt even that'll happen since MS probably has contract clauses put in place to prevent getting sued.

• 2 weeks later...

this should be an easy win for Microsoft though, I mean, c'mon things don't work from time to time. nothing is perfect. it's probably some fat slobs that do nothing but play on xbox live 24 hours a day that are bitching. If I was Microsofts Attorny i'd be like "go outside, get some air, a girlfriend, anything, the defense rests"

Of the millions of users, it's 3 people bitching..right??

Edited by Atari5200

Well I have mixed feelings if that is the choice.

I'm happy about the announcement because I've heard it was a GREAT game and wa sgoing to purchase it several times, but wound up not doing it for one reason or another, now I'll be able to snag it for free!! That said if I HAD of purchased it, I'd feel left out and angry. I dunno why they didn't just F'in release a new game and make it free for a month. How easy would that have been?

Well I have mixed feelings if that is the choice.

I'm happy about the announcement because I've heard it was a GREAT game and wa sgoing to purchase it several times, but wound up not doing it for one reason or another, now I'll be able to snag it for free!! That said if I HAD of purchased it, I'd feel left out and angry. I dunno why they didn't just F'in release a new game and make it free for a month. How easy would that have been?

This game probably meets the criteria that I had joked about in another post. "Newer game, that didn't sell that well."

A brand new, not yet released, game has the potential to be a good seller, and MS might be pissing away profit.

still more than the other 2 would be providing..right, or has Sony and Nintendo offered free games for something? This is like what, the 4th free xbox live game so far?

By counting all of the different offers and the 4 permanent free games, I think this makes 10 free games all together. I received Joust and Robotron for free last fall by registering online last summer.

still more than the other 2 would be providing..right, or has Sony and Nintendo offered free games for something? This is like what, the 4th free xbox live game so far?

Yeah, I think it's the fourth.

Aegis Wing was free. That one's a take it or leave it type of game. It's also one of those which is really a multiplayer only game. So, it's really just low key advertising for Live Gold memberships.

Yaris was free. The less said about it, the better.

I understand Carcassonne was offered for free. I had already bought it. Great news for everyone else, though.

And now Undertow is free. I tried it and deleted the demo because it stunk pretty bad. Not as bad as Small Arms, Fatal Fury Special, and Yaris, though.

Sony offers periodic discounts on PS Store games. You just have to watch and occasionally one will drop down to $3 or so. They haven't done any freebies beyond demos.

Nintendo hasn't even discounted anything yet, much less offer a freebie.

Undertow stunk? I'm confused, I haven't tried out the demo, but was going to purchases demo un-played just from what I've heard about it and the ratings it's been given. IGN lists it at a 8.7 1up lists it at 8.6 Team X-box 8.8. Very high for a Live game. I'm guessing the 16 player battle mode and campaign co-op have a lot to do with the rating. I dunno, I was looking forward to this game a lot this is the first I've heard anyone say it stunk.

Undertow stunk? I'm confused, I haven't tried out the demo, but was going to purchases demo un-played just from what I've heard about it and the ratings it's been given. IGN lists it at a 8.7 1up lists it at 8.6 Team X-box 8.8. Very high for a Live game. I'm guessing the 16 player battle mode and campaign co-op have a lot to do with the rating. I dunno, I was looking forward to this game a lot this is the first I've heard anyone say it stunk.

It looked pretty enough. But the gameplay made me long for X-Perts.

I didn't bother with trying to get someone to play it with me (if that was even possible in the demo, I don't recall). It may be like Aegis Wing and really break out as a multiplayer game. It didn't give me enough inspiration to care.

It may be like Aegis Wing and really break out as a multiplayer game. It didn't give me enough inspiration to care.

Ah yes, That's probably a perfect example. Aegis Wing was passable in single play, but outstanding in co-op multiplay. I'm guessing maybe Undertow is similar. I guess I'll know soon enough...for nothing. Still like I said, if I'd have already purchased the game, and had network issues when Live was hosed, it wouldn't be much of an apology at all.

My opinion.... the fairest "I'm Sorry" that MS could have done is just give all Gold's an additional 30 or 60 days of XBL.

While its nice that MS is at least offering something as compensation to their customers when they didn't have to, not everyone is interested in a free game. Especially any one particular game.

Like I said, I think its cool that MS is at least offering something to its customers. But to receive a free game instead of an extention of XBL service is like my TV cable company offering me a free Pay-Per-View of "Justin Timberlake in Concert" as compensation for my TV cable being out for two weeks. Not interested in Justin or Undertow.

Myself, I'd rather have another month or two of XBL rather than a game I won't play.

Mendon