IGNORED

Stan's Amazing Spider-man Contest!

StanJr

Fake people must drink from the hose. :twisted:

Character names may be in ANY recognizeable form: ie Uncle Ben, Ben Parker, etc. But names of actual people must be precise, ie Steve Ditko.

Thank you for your submissions, check your PM.

:spidey:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazing Fantasy 15  

Hammond  

Green Goblin, Hob Goblin, Carnage, Venom, King Pin  

Stan Lee (Sr.)/ Jack Kirby  

Motocross Racer  

Uncle Ben/Gwen Stacey  

10 Costumes  

Character names may be in ANY recognizeable form: ie Uncle Ben, Ben Parker, etc. But names of actual people must be precise, ie Steve Ditko.  

ok Change my #3 to Nicholas Hammond. Did I Win??????

DING DING DING!

We have a winner. With a perfect score of 100% correct, the odd, and often curious moycon is the winner!

The correct answers to the contest were:

1. Amazing Fantasy #15

2. 5 (Black Cover bagged, Green cover bagged with UPC, Green Cover Bagges sans UPC, Platinum Edition, Green Cover no bag)

3. Nicholas Hammond

4. Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Electro, Shocker, Hobgoblin, Kingpin, Vulture, Venom, Mysterio, Kraven, Sandman, any of these or others will do.

5. Stan Lee/Jack Kirby, also accepted Stan Lee/Steve Ditko. (Lee and Kirby designed the character, but Stan thought that Kirby's art was too dynamic and wanted something a little less "heroic," so Ditko got the job of drawing the webbed wonder. The original Kirby designs have never surfaced as far as I know.

6. Motocross Racer

7. Uncle Ben, Gwen Stacy, Captain Stacy, Jean DeWolffe, Harry Osborn, and a few others

8. 10K

9. 10 costumes (regular spidey, Peter Parker, Quick Change Spidey, Amazing Bag-man, Cosmic Spidey, Spidey 2099, Black Costume, Ben Reilly, Scarlet Spider, Spider-man Unlimited)

10. I own 872 Spider-man comics. Anything between 822 and 922 was correct. (I probably own about 950 "Spidey" comics in all, but these 872 are strictly the ones that are Spider-man comics with Spider-man as the main character or with his name in the Title.)

Don Pardo tell him what he's won: "You've won a label-not-in-the-best-condition Parker Bros. Spider-man from Stan's box of "giveaway" carts. This incredible VCS game works perfectly and is guaranteed to give you hours of fun and excitement right in your very own home."

Just drop me an e-mail to confirm your addy and it will be on its way to you first thing Monday morning! (shouldn't you already have a Spider-man, moycon?)

Thanks to EVERYONE for playing. My next (and much better) contest will begin shortly.

Stan :spidey: :spidey:

I deliberately avoided posting any guesses during this contest, because 1. I have the cart already and 2. I think I may be as big a Spidey fan as Stan (check out my screen name for Pete's Sake). Here's how I would've done if anyone cared:

1. Duh.

2. Would've taken a bit of research, but the answer was out there.

3. I not only knew this, I have all the live-action Spideys with Mr. Hammond on Video. (Even better, I have all 77 episodes of Spider-man from the 60s on video! Does whatever a spider can, you know. ;) )

4. My personal faves would've included Electro, Doc Ock, Vulture and Carnage. Maybe Kaine just to be different.

5. Lee/Ditko. Yuppers.

6. Hmmm... this was a toughy. Was familar with the series, but never saw any of them. Would've had to find this. Good question.

7. Gwen and Ben for me.

8. and 9 - 10,000 and 10. Gottem.

10. As God as my witness, I guessed you probably had 850-900 comics. Anything over 1,000 seemed....excessive.

Anyway, thanks goes to Stan for a fun contest with a great prize! Stan, you and I (and Chris too, he seems Spider-riffic!) need to have a serious Spidey-related Geek fest in a chat room one day.

Later! THWIP!

Yeah, but when my "Snidey-sense" begins to tingle, I have to excuse myself and go to the bathroom. It's quite embarrassing.

I was kinda hoping that Stan could work in the phrase "Wallopin' web-snappers!" Did Spidey *ever* say that in the comic? 'Cause he sure's as hell said it a lot in the Bakshi cartoons!

Actually Stan I don't have Spider Man!!!

Don't ask me why. Its a great game and I have had it in the past.

But its been sold off long ago I suppose.

Well what I ment to say is I didn't have it... Now I do... Thanks to StanJr!!!

Hey that sounds like a good idea, maybe we can hang a Spider-man thread out in Off topic and go nuts there.

Tim, you really should be reading Ultimate Spider-man right now. It is MEGA sweet.

I tried to get a good mix of :?: . I actually did not realize you gave the Hammond answer away in the other thread. I don't have the Live Action Series on tape yet.

I'll cross the K mark in my collection this next year. Then I will be EXCESSIVE!!!! :D

My next contest is coming very soon. I've got to figure out exactly what I want to do with it, but I'm thinking maybe internet scavenger hunt or something along the lines of Snider-man's what's in my pocket. We'll see. It'll be especially useful for newbies, since I don't have the catalog of rare carts to give away like some other people. ;)

Thanks again to everyone for playing.

Stan :spidey: