IGNORED

Atari lynx won Engineering Emmy Award last night (joystiq.com

8th lutz

It was really white of them,wasn't it?Only after the 18th Anniversary of the Lynx having come on the U.S. and Japanese market came and went(Oct. 11th 2007), WITHOUT fanfare too!Does someone want to recognize the thing like it was something special then.Much like the Sony PSP is considered now!The Lynx was the first techno wonder!Nintendo and Sony finally caught up to and surpassed it only some 15(!) yrs later.Some AWARD guys.Come on!Get real once.It's like saying,"Star Wars and Jurassic Park had great SFX!

What was so innovative about the Lynx's screen then? I always figured it was a bog standard backlit color LCD.

It was the first handheld video game system with a full color screen.

It's great to see the Lynx receiving this type of recognition!

Since when do they give out Emmys for video games? I thought they were for TV shows only. Are they trying to branch out and be like the Golden Globes or something? Shows how much I know about Emmys. Anyway, they should have waited a year later, and recognized it on its 20th birthday. It'd make a nice anniversary present.

yeah....what decade are we in?

We are in the first decade of the 2000's.

Seems like 1989 all over again,you know.All the retro compilations and the Lynx winning awards.Hell,I expect to hear that Rolling Thunder,Vindicators,720 Degrees and a new Lynx 2 model are in the works! :) ;) Sometimes,I have thought about how nice it COULD have been for us. :)