IGNORED

Build your own Atari 2600 boxes

Paul Sernine

It looks like the boxes are about 5.4" x 7.4" x 0.9", according to the template.

That seems small, and, unfortunately, I don't own any to double-check. Does someone know the actual size of a typical Atari box?

Thanks,

5-11under

A couple of us measured them in repsonse to a similar inquiry:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...1&hl=boxing

My posting: "The only box I own is RealSports Boxing: 7.5" x 1" x 5.5" (The 1" is actually closer to 15/16" if you're needing to be that particular)"

Edited by BigO

Just thought I'd be another one to chime in here about how AWESOME of a job that is on the box! I wouldn't mind doing something like this simply to make my collection a bit more displayable (keeping my true boxed games separate, of course :) )

Once again, I just gotta say - that's a sweet job on that box!

Of course colour laser print would look much better than inkjet

Not if you use a laser printer in the price range of $1,500. I have done several hundred reproduction boxes and the best results are on inkjet printers (midprice range and up). Of course the prints are more expensive...

Edited by Marc Oberhäuser

It looks like the boxes are about 5.4" x 7.4" x 0.9", according to the template.

That seems small, and, unfortunately, I don't own any to double-check. Does someone know the actual size of a typical Atari box?

Thanks,

5-11under

A couple of us measured them in repsonse to a similar inquiry:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...1&hl=boxing

My posting: "The only box I own is RealSports Boxing: 7.5" x 1" x 5.5" (The 1" is actually closer to 15/16" if you're needing to be that particular)"

Thanks for the confirmation! Maybe I'm thinking of Intellivision boxes, which were slimmer, and were (or at least seemed) larger.

Thanks,

5-11under

• 2 weeks later...

NICE BOXES!!!!!!!!Goddamn,i never thought about duplicating boxes.Just another thing to worry about,counterfeit boxes.Im sure its been done already.I wonder how many have been taken by the "absolutely mint like new boxes"they're advertising on ebay and other places.Thats totaly cool to make your own boxes,but like always,good intentions are used in morally questionable ways.But i think fake boxes would be a little more obvious than fake games.I figure it can be done totally unintentionally also.One can later sell their games in their homemade boxes,and forget which ones are which and sell the fakes off as real.All possibilties imo.But theres not much that can be done about it really,i mean todays technology,one can duplicate anything,with the high tech printing equipment.Im getting a little suspicious with all the totaly mint ColecoVision boxed games lately on ebay,where as not too long ago,CV games on ebay were almost all loose,most buyers wont even look at loose games now,everyone wants mint boxed games,so loose game sellers are out of luck.Its like these like new mint boxes appeared out of no where lately,maybe not,but i wouldnt knock it off as a possibility either.Ther are so many scammers out there,theres no such thing as being too paranoid.When you let your guard down,thats when one gets the shaft.

Edited by Rik

• 4 weeks later...
The dark side will flood the market soon with fake boxes........... :(

BTW: That´s really good work........ :D

Just think!!! If someone seals them up....some poor fool will buy it!!! :o

They may even leave the cart out of it....and he'll never know, because he'll never open it!!

Now you know where all those extra Combat carts are going to end up! :roll: :P

The dark side will flood the market soon with fake boxes........... :(

BTW: That´s really good work........ :D

Just think!!! If someone seals them up....some poor fool will buy it!!! :o

They may even leave the cart out of it....and he'll never know, because he'll never open it!!

Now you know where all those extra Combat carts are going to end up! :roll: :P

OMG!!!! :o :o :o

Great work!

the only downfall is... now how am i going to tell the difference?

:( i don't want to buy a fake CIB game and be ripped off.

I'm not claiming to have much knowledge on the subject of boxes because I only collect loose carts, but I would think that even the best looking original box would show some signs of it's true age (unless it was kept in an airtight seal and stored in a dark closet for 25-30 years.)

If I'm wrong, perhaps the only way to prevent being ripped off would be to avoid buying CIB games online. If you can't actually inspect it yourself, it might be best not to buy it. That really sucks, though. It seems like collecting just got a little bit harder for the 'CIB' community. :(

Here it is, I think. Link.

Avery Self-Adhesive Protective Sheets, 50/Pack

Customer Rating

Avery Self-Adhesive Protective Sheets, 50/Pack

Simply peel off back and press self-adhesive surface onto document.

* Provides permanent protection for frequently-used documents

* No machine needed

* Printed grid on back for easy cutting and placement

Item 262691

Allan

Edited by Allan

Well a box is a box so If it looks real it will be real, remeber the boxes made back in day were made the same way, now if the box is altered then it's fake.

I lovet this idea I can remake my old boxes

Incorrect, the original boxes are not made out of two pieces.