IGNORED

Gamma Attack

Phantom

Do we know who's making the carts yet?

Shawn Sr is definately involved as I trust him most and a few others here at AA that are trustworthy IMO, like the possibly involved CPUWiZ... if we can all work out the details and depending on demand and such. One idea has 2 lable winners so 2 versions would be made but thats really just a thought at this stage. Cheers

Edited by Phantom

I like this approach. It sounds very fair.

I think depending on gameplay, it would drum up a lot of interest for purchases.

If the game looks fun, I think more people would consider it than if it seems kinda boring.

Is there any chance to provide a small video of gameplay?

-John

Yeah even though I signed up for one I'd like to see how it plays.

Seems to be a Laser Blast clone from what I have heard so far

You're a better man than I, Phantom. Haha. I wouldn't bother with the headache. I'd probably just keep it for myself, if the game was any good.

In any event, my point is that you're doing a good thing. Don't let all the stress drive you nuts. If people bug you, just ignore 'em.

Or there's always that roadtrip... :rolling:

Ant, I think what you are doing is the best thing because everyone wins except Randy. ;) After you sell a bunch of repos then it doesn't hurt so much to see him doing the same.

I made a set of instructions for the 7800 dumper that I can pass to you if you want. Maybe I'll pass them to Shawn first to proof read.

Ant, I think what you are doing is the best thing because everyone wins except Randy. ;) After you sell a bunch of repos then it doesn't hurt so much to see him doing the same.

I made a set of instructions for the 7800 dumper that I can pass to you if you want. Maybe I'll pass them to Shawn first to proof read.

cool thanks and yes, the whole idea is to sell as many ahead of time, especially since this isnt going to happen overnight, and hopefully not leave too much a market for these Hozer sellers and such in the future. The guy sells a few games after that fine, but if it were a few hundred, I'd be a bit ticked while Im going without coffee creamer like this morning. And I use the fake powder creamer because its cheaper. Actually now Im used to it and anything else tastes horrible to my buds. Anyhow, yep thats the idea. Cut the Randys of the world off at the pass. Then if the value did decline, I wont care either and I still get to keep my find. Cheers and thanks again for the help with the dumper manual. Please send it to us both so i can look it over. Cheers, Ant :)

Edited by Phantom

Well, I hate to say it, but that "hoser" is still hurting us in a way, as because of him we don't get a public release of the binary :(

But I don't blame you. I considered the same thing when I released Gingerbread Man, and to prevent others from selling my game, I converted it to an obscure bankswitching scheme for which there are no publicly available boards, but it works on emus, Kroko cart and CC1 and 2. If you would like, I'd be happy to give this game the same treatment :)

(Edited for clarity)

Edited by batari

Congratulations on your find.

I know a couple of people have all ready asked you this, and i may have just missed your answer, but i would love to know the story of how and where you found the game.

I hope you don't mind sharing this info.

Thanks, Chris.

Congratulations on your find.

I know a couple of people have all ready asked you this, and i may have just missed your answer, but i would love to know the story of how and where you found the game.

I hope you don't mind sharing this info.

Thanks, Chris.

Theres no real dramatic story. I buy lots big and small to keep costs as low as I can to collect. My Brother in law knew someone that wanted to sell some games so we went and took a look. I have another one to look at this weekend but I doubt i'd find anything worth it at all this time but thats why I search, for the possibilty that something I dont have is there. A Box for Mr Dos Castle would be nice this weekend as Im not shooting for a repeat and doubt it will ever happen again but it still wont stop me from trying. This is a lot I almost passed on and thats about the most dramatic thing about it. It came with about 80 other games that I spent a good deal on & Im tapped at the moment which is why i almost didnt buy it. i thought it was overpriced. I thought this game was a homebrew and worth $50 tops as I never heard of the company or the name before and it did have a factor in my decision to buy or not. When i got home i did some research on it and then what you read at the start of this post pretty much sums it all up. It was a complete surprise. Needless to say I owe my sister and her Hubby so gratitude for the held in finding this and they have read this so if youre reading now, I thank you both.

The pic is taken so I can spot a fake if someone says they have an original as I would assume this was mail ordered and i would assume not many were distributed if its never been found and I would assume the same labels were made the same on the ones that did get sold. So after all i could find was like 4 posts on the game and it was called a "myth" by one poster, I decided to take that precaution with the pic and Im glad I did. Ive also seen enough repros to know it wasnt a fake when i went to clean the contact. So i came here and ROM hunter was nice enough to help me out to confirm what it was. Im on the East Coast and thats where it was purchased. It was purely by chance and it was with a mostly Colecovision lot which is a little bit of a surprise. Thats about it. Cheers

Edited by Phantom

If you would like, I'd be happy to give this game the same treatment :)

Copy protection for a long forgotten game? Do we really need this?

if it works on Emus and CC's and Kroks, then why wouldnt this be a good idea? Its only stopping repros from being made as far as it sounds to me. Isnt that right?

If so, Im definatley considering it, especially if there isnt more interest in a repro at this time.

Man, I thought we was here for the sake of preservation. If you guys are gonna alter the binary, I respectfully ask you to take me off the list. I would buy it even if the dump was out, but only in pure form.

I obviously can't tell you what to do, so I'm just gonna shut it now.

Man, I thought we was here for the sake of preservation. If you guys are gonna alter the binary, I respectfully ask you to take me off the list. I would buy it even if the dump was out, but only in pure form.

This somehow alters gameplay?

It will be preserved, Dont worry about that.

You are off the list as asked for until Im informed otherwise.

I also never said It was to be altered as this is all new to me,

but asked why this is such a big deal? Obviously you want it pure, whatever that means as I know lil about the technical side of this stuff.

Same here if the binary is altered than I want to be taken off the list as well. :(

Same here if the binary is altered than I want to be taken off the list as well. :(

Ok why dont one of you explain the difference it makes and why?

Youre off the list as well and shortly, there is going to be no list as this is quickly becoming more aggravation than its worth.

I cant ask more information about this process

without some mild outrage and not one hint on why this is a big deal?

If you dont want one in that form, WHY? Is that too much to ask?

You both are off the list as asked.

Youre off the list as well and shortly, there is going to be no list as this is quickly becoming more aggravation than its worth.

If the binary is altered than an essence it is no longer the original game.

Phantom don't do anything rash. I know you are getting a lot of hassle over this but with great finds come a lot of agro at the same time. Don't lose your cool and allow the dream to die. You know who your friends are ;)

If the binary is altered than an essence it is no longer the original game.

IS this true? If the game plays the same, its essance is altered?

Does the game play the same or not if this were done, thats what I wanted to know.

No decision was close to being made yet I cant ask a question without an uproar.

I have things to do. I'll check back tonight if I get time to play it. Cyas

You know rereading this I don't see the fuss myself. Adding a copywrite protection wont change the essence of the game, it will just mean that it wont be so easy to pirate. Phantom it is your game, do what you feel is right for you ;)

There's no uproar, I'm just telling you that I would only buy a straight copy of the binary. Why not?, that's a long story, but I can tell you it's all about the principle of having the real thing (or a 100% copy of). I'm like that with many other things.

If it was only about gameplay, I would be happy with a handfull of carts, or just using an emu.

But that's just me. Go with what works for you.

Edited by cosmosiss

Also, how is the binary being altered? That is my main problem. Are they finishing the game up? I don't want that unless the original programmer changes the game play. Maybe I have misinterpreted, but when cosmosis says the Binary is being Altered. I see the game being touched up to play better, and I just don't want that. I want the game play in original form even if it sucks.

Edited by homerwannabee

Thats a great find, wish i could have that luck!

If someone trustworthy has a copy of the orignal unhacked rom in a safe place (dosent need to be avaible to the public - a number of roms are kept like this when the owners were worried like you were.)

One thing i would say was if your not incharge of the interlectualy property rights to this title why are you so keen to alter the title to stop other people from doing exactly the same thing as you? I meen essentialy with a new backswitching method this is a hack of the orignal its not the same thing as what you found even if the gameplay is unnafected this is still a derigitive copy. I think this is what people are getting upset about.

Now im not so sure this is about preservation of the orignals, its more to protect your potential profit from the sale of somthing you dont realy have a right to be publishing.

even if the guys dead, the compnay property rights ect had to go somewhere. I just get a bad feeling that some big city laywer type will come in a but the brakes on this.

Thats like me finding a little known film by some dead director and making copies myself because no others are know to exist, just because i found the media and a copy its not like i bought the rights to distribute the product.

If you would like, I'd be happy to give this game the same treatment :)

Copy protection for a long forgotten game? Do we really need this?

if it works on Emus and CC's and Kroks, then why wouldnt this be a good idea?

If it works on emulators, I have absolutely no qualms about it. The people who want to play this game will have that option available to them.

Oh for gods sake 99.9 percent of you wouldn't be any the wiser if it was switched to a diffent banking method. So ya the formating isn't gonna be changed, or is it? or isn't it? You will never know one way or the other cause for all any of you know it could very well be the native format no matter what is actually going down, for which, none of that is any of your business anyhow.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Well, I hate to say it, but that "hoser" is still hurting us in a way, as because of him we don't get a public release of the binary :(

Yep, 100% agreed! It sucks to see that hozer still affects the homebrew scene nowadays! :x

But on the other hand i can understand if people don't release their roms in public to prevent this lamer from selling copies of their games.

I think altering the rom for a public release like you did with gingerbread man is a good idea, that way we all can enjoy the roms and don't have to worry about hozer.

I don't understand what's so bad about releasing an altered rom of gamma attack??

Correct me if i'm wrong but couldn't the repros just be made from the original rom and after they're sold you could release an altered rom??

What does it matter anyway if the rom is altered, if only the bankswitching method is changed that wouldn't affect the gameplay!

Correct me if i'm wrong but couldn't the repros just be made from the original rom and after they're sold you could release an altered rom??

What does it matter anyway if the rom is altered, if only the bankswitching method is changed that wouldn't affect the gameplay!

You are correct.

If the game is released on cart, it could still be the actual, original binary.

If a binary is released publicly, I could change it to an obscure bankswitching scheme so it would be difficult to make repros. It would play exactly the same as the original, and would work on emus, Kroko, CC1 and CC2.