IGNORED

Ebay lowering insertion fees, and raising final value fees!

homerwannabee

I think this is going to destroy eBay's feedback system. Sellers simply won't leave feedback.

What would be the problem with allowing sellers to leave negative feedback when they can demonstrate malfeasance on the part of a buyer, and allow such feedback to be left even after positive feedback had been left?

I really should not have to prove anything to leave a buyer negative, the buyer does not have to prove anything when they leave a neg.. Lies from buyers are usually what we see. Buyers remorse, did not meet expectations etc. Crazy. We have no idea what the buyer expects, we just list as complete as we can. Person has a problem and it cant be fixed over the phone, we offer a refund if they return the item. Customer does not want to pay for the return (paypal policy says they have to , however they get back thier purchase price including shipping). So they leave a neg. You sell and item with a non doa warranty, 3 months later some jerk needs money and paypal lets them return it anyway. Why even both to have a warranty policy since paypal will violate it any old time they feel like it.

Rather than shafting the home seller who puts the occasional item on, they should be chasing the big outfits who sell things like USB sticks for $5 with $40 postage fees.

But naturally, like any big business, they take the easier, unfair route to making more money.

Oh, wow I found another interesting thing that will change. I guess video games are now a "Risky Category" :x

33. Will my payments be held if I have excellent buyer satisfaction, but sell in risky categories?

If you sell in the categories of gift certificates, video games, cell phones, computers or consumer electronics, your listings for those items must offer either PayPal or merchant credit card as an accepted form of payment. However, your payments WILL BE NOT HELD if you meet all the following measures:

* eBay Tenure: Greater than 6-months

* Total Feedback score: More than 100

* Dissatisfied Buyers %: Less than 5%

* Detailed Seller Rating: Greater than 4.5

* Total Detailed Seller Ratings Recieved: More than 20 in the last 12-months

So now if you sell video games you have to accept PayPal or Merchant credit card. That will bite big time for some sellers. Also, holding means that they hold your money for 21 days or when the Buyer leaves positive feedback.

Edited by homerwannabee

I really should not have to prove anything to leave a buyer negative, the buyer does not have to prove anything when they leave a neg..

Perhaps there should be a stat for each user which shows the ratio of feedback they've left others, along with a means of excluding bidders whose ratio is below a certain threshhold and who have posted more than a certain number of negs (you might not want to exclude someone who has only won one auction, and posted a neg, even though their feedback-left average would be 100% negative, but you probably would want to exclude someone who won 1,000 auctions and left negs on 25% of them even if their ratio was 75% positive).

Oh, wow I found another interesting thing that will change. I guess video games are now a "Risky Category" :x

33. Will my payments be held if I have excellent buyer satisfaction, but sell in risky categories?

If you sell in the categories of gift certificates, video games, cell phones, computers or consumer electronics, your listings for those items must offer either PayPal or merchant credit card as an accepted form of payment. However, your payments WILL BE NOT HELD if you meet all the following measures:

So now if you sell video games you have to accept PayPal or Merchant credit card. That will bite big time for some sellers. Also, holding means that they hold your money for 21 days or when the Buyer leaves positive feedback.

:-o

I don't normally get to use that twice in one thread.

How the heck do they hold your payment for 21 days if you're using a credit card merchant account that has nothing to do with PayPal? Man, they are going to be driving away people in droves.

..Al

The simple solution for the time being is to NOT list your items in the "VIDEO GAME" catagory No one searches by catagory anyway

FND

Good Idea!

Once again Ebay has taken action that perpetuates the Buyer vs Seller mentality.

It should be honest buyers, honest sellers, and Ebay vs scammers, but Ebay seems reluctant to take any meaningful action against real offenders, buyers or sellers.

Looks like the investors are finally getting tired of the B.S. Sell short, anyone??

Once again Ebay has taken action that perpetuates the Buyer vs Seller mentality.

It should be honest buyers, honest sellers, and Ebay vs scammers, but Ebay seems reluctant to take any meaningful action against real offenders, buyers or sellers.

Looks like the investors are finally getting tired of the B.S. Sell short, anyone??

Is a good thing, eBay has been around for too long, and it is time it goes belly up once and for all.

Its not an automatic hold but ebay 'may' in some circumstances put a hold on certain payments. Read the whole section not just one part.

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/update08/rewardsfaq/index.html#27

Still it sounds like ebay is wanting only power sellers, who practically live there, and that small timers need to eff off and stop wasting their time or get busy buying stuff. :roll:

Its not an automatic hold but ebay 'may' in some circumstances put a hold on certain payments. Read the whole section not just one part.

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/update08/rewardsfaq/index.html#27

Still it sounds like ebay is wanting only power sellers, who practically live there, and that small timers need to eff off and stop wasting their time or get busy buying stuff. :roll:

I get a notice from Ebay at least once a month that asks me to join the "power sellers" It's getting kind of annoying but nothing compared to all the new bs.

I am putting all the rest of my stuff up in one monster wave, probably Thursday, then I am done. I hate when a good thing gets all complicated and I don't want to deal with it anymore :|

Wow, what were they thinking making buyer feedback positive only?

All this does is invite a lot more petty negatives for sellers. There's no recourse for the seller if they get paid, so why not? Didn't like the item, leave a negative. Item didn't work even though it was sold as/is, untested, etc, negative. Shipping was slightly more than actual cost, negative. Thought it was a different item because buyer can't read, negative.

If there are too many workers at eBay with nothing to do they should be fired.

No need to fix what isn't broken. Ebay has become increasing more complicated for the new buyer or seller and these new rules won't help the problem of buyers using paypal to rip people off.

1. Bottom line is sellers of small items will jack up shipping. The listing fees are lower and the ending fees higher. So expect to see more 99 cents items with 12.99 shipping.

2. The feedback situation is just horrible. A buyer with a negative can still buy with negs unless its really bad. 1 neg can hurt a seller. Negs are left on buyers only for future cases when something might go wrong.

3. That filter sellers use to not take bids from buyers with a negative score is now worthless.

4. Multiples now count so can a buyer leave 20 negs with no fear of return feedback?

5. Lets say someone doesn't pay. You file a non paying bidder alert. They respond but don't pay. Now what? The feedback they leave is only removed if they don't respond to the alert. You complete the non paying bidder alert to give them a strike and they give a neg knowing you can't return it. Sellers don't complete the last step and Ebay keeps those end of value fees. Like I said before more 99 cent items.

6. The confirmed/unconfired does save a huge hassle when dealing with new bidders. The sellers job of forcing a buyer to confirm their address when others in the past didn't is over. However overseas is not worth it to many as you still need tracking.

Here's an interesting comment that was posted to eBay's forums:

Ebay has become far too arrogant recently, imposing "brilliant idea" changes to things that have worked perfectly well for years and don't need to be changed (see my thread on the idiotic new checkout page).

They expect a huge negative response to these feedback changes and they intend to weather the storm. They will not listen to criticism; they are superior to all of us. They will only listen when their stock plunges to $15 and they start panicking; then they won't be so superior.

Question: how many thousands upon thousands of old user ID's which the worst sellers on eBay long ago abandoned because the feedback was so terrible (hundreds, if not thousands, of negatives), will instantly become golden 100% positive user ID's (with all of those negatives hidden in detailed feedback)? Think about that. All of the sellers who literally worked for years to maintain a 99.9% rating have been bitch-slapped by eBay: an awful seller with 1,500 negatives on an abandoned user ID now has a better feedback score!

Ebay is now an arrogant, incompetent company, seemingly intent on driving away the very people that made it into a multi-billion-$ monopoly in the first place.

..Al