IGNORED

What's the rarest Atari game you have?

pojr

The rarest game I have now is Glib.

The rarest label variation I used to have was a Midnight Magic with black lettering. Apparently there aren't too many of those. I would have kept it, but a friend poked a screwdriver through the label and a pet guinea pig ate about half the manual, so I decided I'd rather a have a decent looking cartridge than the remnants of a rare variation.

It still went for about $5 on eBay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Hmmm...looks like my rarest is Quick Step! from Imagic, and it's only a 5.

Then again, I'm pretty sure I've never paid more $2 for any 2600 game I have, so I'm not too concerned. :)

I've done a little better since June, picked up a nice lot that included a copy of Smurfs Save the Day (R8) with manual.

With the exception of Waterworld, every single one of these was bought within the last 90 days.

This hobby is going to break me.

RARITY 7

-----------

ATARI VIDEO CUBE

MINER 2049ER II

MOTOCROSS RACER

PARTY MIX

POLARIS

RAM IT

SHUTTLE ORBITER

STARGUNNER

TOMARC THE BARBARIAN

UP 'N DOWN

WALL BALL

XENOPHOBE

RARITY 8

-----------

BOING

CHASE THE CHUCK WAGON

DEATH TRAP (2 OF THEM)

GAS HOG

MASTER BUILDER

MR. DO'S CASTLE

ROBIN HOOD/SIR LANCELOT

SMURFS SAVE THE DAY

SURVIVAL ISLAND

RARITY 9

-----------

BERENSTAIN BEARS

SWORDQUEST: WATERWORLD

RARITY 10

-----------

MOTORODEO

Not to burst any bubbles, but the AA rarity guide is the subject of much debate. You may wish to direct your attention to the Rarity Guide forum, specifically these topics:

NTSC R10s http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105314

NTSC R9s http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105316

NTSC R8s http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105317

I've got a loose Stronghold, a loose Glib with manual, and a CIB Espial, but I figure my lack of rarer titles is somewhat due to me dumping money into getting my NTSC titles into CIB status (of which 97% of my over 430 games are).

Boxed........... Crazy Climber, Motorodeo, Swordquest Waterworld.

No box................. Halloween (the hand written one with manual cellophaned together), tomarc the barbarian/ motocross racer, and Obelix.

To choose from these I guess according to AA Motorodeo boxed would be my rarest, but in my opinion the rarest I have is my Halloween.

I've only been collecting a month or so, but I managed to score a Xonox Sir Lancelot (R7) for less than $12 and I've got a Xonox Motocross Racer coming (also R7), which I paid just slightly more for. For the former, there was a seller selling commons (nothing over R2) in packs of 3 for $10 and some low shipping, but one of them had Sir Lancelot in it for some reason. I'm a little surprised that no one noticed; none of the other auctions had anything rare at all in them, so it was very odd indeed.

I don't really do the CIB thing without a good reason, since I'm just starting and I'm not exactly loaded in the financial department, but for now I'm quite happy with my CIB Bachelor Party, although I didn't get a particular deal on it.

I've got a handful of R5s, but no R6s.

Alright!! I scored a Master Builder (R8) cart for $3 at the local mall. Also picked up Private Eye (R5) for another $3.

Also have Chuck Norris Super Kicks/Artillery Duel double end cart (R5), and Roc'N Rope (R5)

Just out of curiosity, Twin, which mall did you find Master Builder at? And if you really want to twist a screw, tell me you found it recently.